• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#121 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:52 PM

We're not debating whether or not Canada produces more hockey players than other countries. They do. It's a fact. But to say Canada owns hockey is dumb.

Never did I claim it wasn't. I was simply stating the fact that Canada produces more top-end hockey players than the US. With that, the US produces leaps and bounds far more talented football players than any other country. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#122 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Really??? You've always wondered if that's real? Come on!

Anyway, it's funny, if you talk to Pens fans, they complain about Pierre as well and suggest he hates Crosby and loves Richards and loves the Red Wings. Weird how different people can have completely different perspectives.

I was being a bit sarcastic, as I have mentioned many times in the past that Pierre is 4'10... but honestly, nothing with Crosby would ever surprise me... I mean if I didn't see it for myself I would think his playoff beard is a photoshoped picture of him with some pubes on his face.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#123 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

USA owns in: Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer etc.
Canada owns in: Hockey

its a true fact, Canadians have the best talent when it comes to the sport.

Fixed it for yah.

Canada and Russia/USSR have the same amount of golds at the olympics. I'd say that makes them equals. Plus Russia/USSR have more golds at the World Championships than Canada. Except Canada does hold the slight edge in WJC championships over Russia/USSR.

I say it's debatable to who owns at hockey.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#124 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Never once stated anything against it. Come off it already, fella. You lost, so did we. You just happened to have a massive collapse in the 3rd of the most important game. You continuing this argument is once again proving more arrogance by the second.

Yeah theres 3 pages in here of Americans saying "Oh I'm glad those arrogant Canadians lost". But yeah as soon as I make a statement about why Canadians should in fact expect their teams to win every tournament, all you have to say is come off it.

So now tell me why exactly Canadians are arrogant for expecting to win when they enter these tournaments? Until then youre just an arrogant American jealous that Canadians are consistently a favourite in every IIHF tournament.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#125 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Never did I claim it wasn't. I was simply stating the fact that Canada produces more top-end hockey players than the US. With that, the US produces leaps and bounds far more talented football players than any other country. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never argued that the US produced more top-end hockey players than Canada. I don't think anyone did. I think the argument is centered around the fact that some people believe that Canada owns hockey because they invented it and produce more top-end players. Can you really take ownership of a sport?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#126 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Fixed it for yah.

Canada and Russia/USSR have the same amount of golds at the olympics. I'd say that makes them equals. Plus Russia/USSR have more golds at the World Championships than Canada. Except Canada does hold the slight edge in WJC championships over Russia/USSR.

Finally an American who doesn't just say youre arrogant and has an argument.

While these are good points, Russia sent professionals to every olympics while no other country could until 1998 in Nagano. Since Nagano Canada has 50% of the gold medals.

For the worlds, russia has the KHL where some great players play and can all be sent. Canada's best forward usually sent to the worlds is Shane Doan and usually another player of around that calibre. Russia sends most of their best players to that tourney.

With a level playing field in the juniors (not even that fair) and olympics, Canada has the edge in my mind by quite a bit

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#127 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Yeah theres 3 pages in here of Americans saying "Oh I'm glad those arrogant Canadians lost". But yeah as soon as I make a statement about why Canadians should in fact expect their teams to win every tournament, all you have to say is come off it.

So now tell me why exactly Canadians are arrogant for expecting to win when they enter these tournaments? Until then youre just an arrogant American jealous that Canadians are consistently a favourite in every IIHF tournament.

It's arrogant to believe that someone is jealous that Canadian teams are considered a favorite in IIHF tournaments simply because you do. "I think we are better and you should too, otherwise you are dumb and arrogant."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#128 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Fixed it for yah.

wrong.. go re-calculate with Mens and Womens Gold's. :thumbup:

#129 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

wrong.. go re-calculate with Mens and Womens Gold's. :thumbup:

Women's hockey is the be all, end all of this argument. Pack it up folks. Class dismissed.

#130 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

ROTFLMAO check it out, the TSN site doesn't have even one article about the Russians BEATING the Canadians. Not one, zero, zilch, zip, nada, NOTHING. :rotflmao:

p.s. But when Canada wins, my god, IT"S EVERYWHERE.

Edited by screwdahawks, 06 January 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#131 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

ROTFLMAO check it out, the TSN site doesn't have even one article about the Russians BEATING the Canadians. Not one, zero, zilch, zip, nada, NOTHING. :rotflmao:

You mean like this one?

http://tsn.ca/world_...tory/?id=348167

#132 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Women's hockey is the be all, end all of this argument. Pack it up folks. Class dismissed.

yea, of course they wouldn't count... :rolleyes:

it is, but theres no need to anyways its all over the front page of every newspaper across the country

#133 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

yea, of course they wouldn't count... :rolleyes:

it is, but theres no need to anyways its all over the front page of every newspaper across the country

That doesn't matter. TSN is the major sports network in Canada and they should be covering the loss, as they are, despite the fact that every newspaper is. To not is irresponsible.

#134 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

That doesn't matter. TSN is the major sports network in Canada and they should be covering the loss, as they are, despite the fact that every newspaper is. To not is irresponsible.

They are, its on there page. its been on TV all day too.. Mckenzie and McGuire.

anyways... throw back time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEgZDBk-ys

"Let it go"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Edited by darkmanx, 06 January 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#135 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

I never argued that the US produced more top-end hockey players than Canada. I don't think anyone did. I think the argument is centered around the fact that some people believe that Canada owns hockey because they invented it and produce more top-end players. Can you really take ownership of a sport?

I think we're both missing each others' points. I agree with what you're saying about "owning" a sport, but I also believe countries are far superior at certain sports than others. That's my point.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#136 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Looks like we got a "My country's penis is bigger than yours" discussion going on.

#137 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

They are, its on there page. its been on TV all day too.. Mckenzie and McGuire.

I know it's on there. I posted a link to it.

#138 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Looks like we got a "My country's penis is bigger than yours" discussion going on.

But of course, thats what happens when people try to say one country is arrogant because they win alot. Its over now, lets move on. Can't wait for the next Wings game. :ph34r:

#139 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:28 PM

The US has Florida. We win!! Suck it Canada!!

#140 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

HNIC on Saturday....

Intro music

Shut up Ron let me speak

Russia sucks