• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Florida screwed by officials

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm surprised the play wasn't reviewed but from those camera angles you never really see the puck cross the line. Yes, the goalie does pull the puck out of the net, but I never saw the puck cross the line. That black, blurry blob that the commentator circled in blue wasn't clear cut. It could just be the video itself and may have been clearer on TV.

Even watching the HD version of the YouTube video doesn't help. The only damning part is that the goaltender DOES reach into the net to grab the puck, which means that it's more than likely that block blob (where there should have been no black blob) was the puck. The fact that they didn't even review it, though, is mind-boggling.

The Brad May one was the whole intent to blow crap, that's not an issue here. So what I don't understand is why Toronto didn't call down and inform them that the puck was in thet net. The ref doesn't need to request a review for this to happen.

I think what the ref was thinking was that even if it made it's way into the net, it shouldn't count because the Panther player was jabbing at the goalie's pads while he had it covered. Of course, the puck was already in the net at that point (went in off the initial shot). So, I can kinda see why the ref didn't go to review, but I still don't understand why the war room didn't call down to say it was a goal, I'm confused.

Yeah, the video here is bad, but I have to imagine Toronto has an angle that shows it more clearly.

The only thing Florida really should have done is take a time out, to give the video goal judge time to let the ref know that there was a goal.

I think what happened here is that the play happened and then they dropped the puck pretty quickly after that. Once the puck is dropped, regardless of what the video shows, you can't go back and award a goal. The ref doesn't need to request video review for it to happen, the video review judge should be reviewing for this anyway and let the ref know if something is missed, but he can only do so before the puck is dropped after the stoppage in play.

Had the play continued on, there probably would have been more time to communicate as well.

Part of me feels for the ref in this case in that you can't go review every play to see if a puck went in the net and this particular play didn't look like anything really. The other part of me thinks he should have gone to review simply because some of the Panther players appeared pretty adament that the puck went in the net (that doesn't happen too often, so why not go spend a couple minutes checking).

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Even watching the HD version of the YouTube video doesn't help. The only damning part is that the goaltender DOES reach into the net to grab the puck, which means that it's more than likely that block blob (where there should have been no black blob) was the puck. The fact that they didn't even review it, though, is mind-boggling.

More than likely yes, but there has to be incontrovertible evidence that the puck fully crossed the line. This video didn't present that.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

In every game both goals should have a video camera inside them. This would of been so much helpful if they had one in the net. Florida should of tried harder to get them to review it.

Agreed. It's not that hard to implement and I can't imagine it being overly expensive.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

^^^ Yup. That HAS to be the puck. It's not white like the net or the ice and it's not red like the post. Refs blew it. And so did "We-Review-Every-Goal-No-Matter-What" Toronto.

The intent to blow rule still comes into play. The play could have been ruled dead in the mind of the ref before he blew the whistle. The only part that was blown was the lack of a review.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Herp derp I lost sight of the puck because it went in the goal, better not overrule my intent to blow because I lose sight, herp derp.

It's easy to lose site of the puck when you are on the other side of the play and the goalie's pads are blocking the view of where the puck is, either across the line or in front of it.

^^^ Yup. That HAS to be the puck. It's not white like the net or the ice and it's not red like the post. Refs blew it. And so did "We-Review-Every-Goal-No-Matter-What" Toronto.

Not Toronto's fault, they probably did review and it and probably would have made the call to the ref, but they didn't have time. After the puck is dropped, there's nothing they can do.

the fact that there's no a replay/challenge system like the nfl's in the nhl is a total joke. The only way the league will ever move to action is when this costs a team a cup,......oh wait,....it did,...more than ten years ago.

the fact that there's no a replay/challenge system like the nfl's in the nhl is a total joke. The only way the league will ever move to action is when this costs a team a cup,......oh wait,....it did,...more than ten years ago.

They actually proposed that at the most recent GM meeting. It was unanimously shot down.

So what I don't understand is why Toronto didn't call down and inform them that the puck was in thet net.

The ref probably would have just made some excuse to save face anyway and still called it no goal.

Remember that on the Brad May goal, Toronto did call down and tell LaRue that it was most definitely a good goal, but LaRue argued about it and refused to reverse his call, because his massive ego would not let him admit he was wrong, even though Toronto, the people looking at the play from every angle, told him he was most definitely wrong on the phone. s***, even Mike Murphey did a pregame interview the next game basically apologizing and admitting LaRue was wrong. And that s*** NEVER happens!

(yes, I'm still a bit bitter)

Edited by sleepwalker