• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Filppula (groin) questionable for Friday

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Flip's injury is not a result of the team-bonding curling outing. Hopefully it is nothing too serious and Flip can play. The last thing this team needs is another injury to a top 6 player.

CALGARY, Alberta -- Detroit Red Wings forward Valtteri Filppula is questionable for Friday's game against the Calgary Flames (9 p.m., FSD) due to a sore groin that kept him out of Thursday's practice at the Saddledome.

Filppula said his status will be determined after Friday's morning skate.

“I don’t know what happened,'' Filppula said. "I started feeling something in my groin (during Tuesday's 5-3 win in Edmonton). I know I didn’t pull it or anything like that, maybe tweaked it somehow.’’

He's certain Wednesday's team curling outing had nothing to do with it.

“I took it easy there,'' Filppula said. "It definitely wasn’t that.’’

Patrick Eaves (infected elbow) skated and said he's ready to play this time for sure.

Coach Mike Babcock said if Filppula plays, either Jan Mursak or Tomas Tatar will be scratched.

If Filppula can't play, Johan Franzen might center the second line. Eaves will move up to the second line and get some power-play time. Here are the lines they practiced with:

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Franzen-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Salei

Kindl

Jimmy Howard will start in goal for Detroit.

MLive

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Posted in the Hudler watch thread earlier lol. Didn't know if it needed its own thread. Meh either way this suckssssss thumbdown.gif

Felt the 2 were cohesive. Can see Huds going back to being even more useless.

Edited by HankthaTank

Good thing Filppula isn't a top six forward. :ph34r:

Knock on wood, but..... Am I the only one who is surprised Zetterberg hasn't gotten injured yet?

Knock on wood, but..... Am I the only one who is surprised Zetterberg hasn't gotten injured yet?

Psshhhh.... sooo this is where the jinxes happen, eh? hehe.gif

All seriousness, yes. This would be absolutely, positively the worst possible time for this so lets just let him do what he does.

That depends on what lineup you are looking at. Hasn't he played 2nd line the last 2 games?

That was more a shot at the people around here who think Fil isn't a top-6 forward and that we should trade him, I think. :ph34r:

Edit: he's been centering the second line for a while now, every time Dats and Z get paired up or any time Z or Dats are out with an injury.

Edited by Theophany

Zetterberg is injured, his back has been giving him problems, dating back before that 7-3 win in Dallas, he was questionable. If Datsyuk wasn't hurt I'm sure Zetterberg would be out to rest his back, he's letting Franzen take more draws because of this and just looks in pain out there.

Posted in the Hudler watch thread earlier lol. Didn't know if it needed its own thread. Meh either way this suckssssss thumbdown.gif

Felt the 2 were cohesive. Can see Huds going back to being even more useless.

Yeah, it needed it's own thread for posters like me that don't read the 1,000,000 Post Hudler Watch Thread on a daily.

I actually like the lines posted for a couple of different reasons..........

Eaves on the 2nd line! He deserves a shot up front just based on the way he has been playing. Why not?

Draper-Helm-Tatar

Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak

Love that 3rd and 4th line!

Son of a

Win = Injury

well, they are winning.

I'd rather they win and have guys get injured, make the playoffs and have a chance for the cup, than to lose, have no injuries, and not make the playoffs

well, they are winning.

I'd rather they win and have guys get injured, make the playoffs and have a chance for the cup, than to lose, have no injuries, and not make the playoffs

Ah, no injuries would be SO MUCH BETTER at this point in time.

Its a iffy situation when players are mid injured. You could play them but it could worsen the problem and affect them for a longer period of time, or you can let them sit and play it safe resulting in better health. Tough times right now with the injures appearing but we'll work through it, sure showed it last season.

Ah, no injuries would be SO MUCH BETTER at this point in time.

Better now than april. Not that it means they wont get them in april but still.

Injuries happen, but they are still winning. Just gotta ride it

I know Drapes has been better at wing these past few years but in the case of these injuries why can't they try him out as the fourth line center again?

Mule-Z-Homer

Bert-Helm-Huds

Tatar-Abs-Eaves

Miller-Drapes-Mursak