• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

#841 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

Fines coming for Babcock. "That s*** goes on..." Damn. Good for him though. It's total bulls***.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#842 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Babs is awesome.

Calling it disgraceful, saying all you have to do is hit the guy, not target his head. "It's unfortunate s*** like that goes on."

think he's pissed?

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 08 January 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#843 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

LOL Babs swore during his interview. Said the hit was disgraceful, but said the league would take care of it. Ozzie will start tomorrow in goal.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#844 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Babs has held his tongue in post game interviews so many times that you'd think if he's actually saying something about it that the powers that be might actually listen.... oh wait it's the NHL never mind.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#845 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Babs is awesome.

Calling it disgraceful, saying all you have to do is hit the guy, not target his head. "It's unfortunate s*** like that goes on."

think he's pissed?

That's such a bittersweet moment. I LOVE seeing Babs get pissed like that, and to be so candid. But damn it, I hate that it took a situation like that to see him get that openly pissed with a member of the press.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#846 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

uhhhh...you're watching a Wings game and they're NOT talking about the Nucks? How dare you Mickey? Bastards!

Yeah but they WERE. They spent two or three minutes off and on talking about Kesler and the Hotshot Sedin kid. ENOUGH, ahready! :rolleyes:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#847 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Good for Babs, that would be a fine that's 100% worth it! Just saying "crap" or "garbage" doesn't have the same impact.

Edit: I didn't watch, who hit Stuart? Was it another one of those Canadian goons influenced by Don Cherry I've been complaining about the past few years?

Edited by Barrie, 08 January 2011 - 12:25 AM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#848 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Anyone have a link to the Babs post game interview?

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#849 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

Edit: I didn't watch, who hit Stuart?

Tom Kostopoulos.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

#850 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Good for Babs, that would be a fine that's 100% worth it! Just saying "crap" or "garbage" doesn't have the same impact.

Edit: I didn't watch, who hit Stuart? Was it another one of those Canadian goons influenced by Don Cherry I've been complaining about the past few years?

He had a long name on the back of his sweater, but I think it was "Gutlesspuke."

Not sure I spelled it correctly though.

#851 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Tom Kostopoulos.

There ya go, born in Mississauga Ontario...
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#852 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

Anyone have a link to the Babs post game interview?

Can't find it anywhere....it might be up HERE tomorrow.

#853 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

OK, I made it to page 18, trying to catch up after the game, and I'm about to fold my tent.

However:

The third period was a good one for both the team and Howard. He had some GREAT saves, and the team started to remember who the hell they are.

One of the best players/passers in the game was Hudler. He was accurate and focused, even after getting knocked down a gazillion times.

Two of the worst passers -to the point of damn scary - were Franzen and Bertuzzi. I was screaming at them all night. Then I screamed for happy on Bert's GWG. It was a beauty! :D

Helm, Kronwall, Rafalski and Eaves looked fine, thankyouverymuch. Very much in the game.

If it's true that Stuart's jaw is broken, the a-hole that took him down should be suspended Big Time. Then again, it's Bettman, and it's the Wings. So good frickin' luck on that one.

Nighty night. :burnout:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#854 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

Something I noticed was that after Tatar made his great defensive play I didn't see him out on the ice much after that. Kind of odd IMO

#855 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

Something I noticed was that after Tatar made his great defensive play I didn't see him out on the ice much after that. Kind of odd IMO

babs probably just didn't feel comfortable with a rookie out there in the dying minutes of a tie game.

#856 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

i was coming in to say, even though it stinks we're giving up this many goals to subpar teams its good that we're finding ways to get W's with our best players out, and now this with stuart. extremely disappointing, both in that hes out and that no onef****** destroyed kostopolous

edit: im a huge believer in that your teammate is your family, and whether its right or not, kostopolous deserved to his face pounded in

Edited by j.hoop, 08 January 2011 - 01:10 AM.

“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#857 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

tatar was great tonight, this is my first time seeing him, and he is just dynamite, love his speed and awareness
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#858 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Had Howard saved those 3 softies, this game wouldn't have gone to OT. Howard may have screwed the energy for tomorrow's game. Really getting sick and tired of Howa4d softies. Deflating.

Osgood should be named the official starter after tonight's circus.

#859 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

Just watched the replay to see who was on the ice when Stuart got taken out and I have to ask...Why is Abdelkader just standing around? I would think he'd go after the guy that just completely blindsided one of our top defensemen. I mean really, someone should have done something. I'm not all for having an enforcer over skilled players but in this situation, retaliation is called for and should be automatic.

Posted Image

#860 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:05 AM

Just watched the replay to see who was on the ice when Stuart got taken out and I have to ask...Why is Abdelkader just standing around? I would think he'd go after the guy that just completely blindsided one of our top defensemen. I mean really, someone should have done something. I'm not all for having an enforcer over skilled players but in this situation, retaliation is called for and should be automatic.

he probably didn't see it. to be honest i didn't see the hit as it happened because i was following the play/puck. i'm sure he was doing the same. it does seem out of character for him to just stand there so that's probably what happened.