• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Concussion.com has ably explained Crosby's malady. Excessive whining, as in "Wah! Wah!!" actually causes cramps in the jawbone and transmits them to the brain, causing swelling. And yes, it's been proven too that the Ego is a major partner in that ballooning process.

It has also been rumored that Steckel knew about Crosby's physical weakness and was only trying to loosen up his jaw muscles.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#42 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Damn, I came here too late for this one. I can tell you that the night of his diagnosis that he was not alone...

Posted Image
Bettman has like a Bob Dole hand here.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

It has also been rumored that Steckel knew about Crosby's physical weakness and was only trying to loosen up his jaw muscles.

Niiiiiice.

#44 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I banged my head pretty good this week and even without a concussion managed to do more than my share of stupid forgetful things.

Are you sure it just wasn't the whiskey? :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#45 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUQziwabMKk
Anybody else feel that Dave Steckel is maybe in their top 10 fave players at the moment?? Posted Image

Either way, looks incidental to me. Steckel was going for the puck and Skid mark seemed to move right into it. Posted Image The day he can sport something like this and keep playing, come talk to me:
Posted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 07 January 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#46 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Steve was the man, is the man, was the man. He played in the '02 SCF on half a leg. One knee was s*** and the other was about to go too.

I still remember when he took that puck to the face though, because he'd get injured sometimes and you never saw him react to it violently. He would just get off the ice and that was that. This downed him like a felled tree and watching him writhe around and kick on the ice like that was disturbing.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#47 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

Can we all send a MASS EMAIL with our signatures to the Washington Capitals so it can be forwarded to Dave S. thanking him over n over for putting Crosby down?

I am serious on this one...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#48 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image The day he can sport something like this and keep playing, come talk to me:
Posted Image

I hate to break it to you, but Stevey did NOT play with a broken Orbital bone. That shot took him out of the rest of the playoffs.

The knee thing, sure. the multitudes of other injuries he had and hid until after the season, yes I agree with you. But in this specific case, no.

Edited by Xitium, 07 January 2011 - 07:16 PM.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

I hate to break it to you, but Stevey did NOT play with a broken Orbital bone. That shot took him out of the rest of the playoffs.

No you didn't. Posted Image

#50 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

It must have happened in the Winter Classic. Because anyone not suffering from a head injury would have went and shook hands with the other team. You know, that tradition crap he's always spewing, yet constantly avoiding.

So he had a concussion during Game 7 of the 2009 playoffs too?

Oh don't worry guys, the best player in the league will be back in a week.

I didn't know Pavel was coming back early!

For Cindy:

Posted Image

#51 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I seriously approve of this entire thread. I don't know if I've ever been able to say that here before...

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

How about:
Posted Image

s*** Stain would have most likely blamed the puck and not have been able to shoot correctly for the rest of his career....wait a second! Can this happen??? No seriously, how tough was Stevie.

Edited by HankthaTank, 07 January 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#53 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

I seriously approve of this entire thread. I don't know if I've ever been able to say that here before...

And here I thought we were getting out of hand. :lol:

I raise a glass to Dave Steckel, even though it was clearly unintentional. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#54 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Or was it this one?? Who cares Hedman and Steckel RAAAGGEEEE!!!

#55 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

Too bad his head didn't come off.

J/K.

well, kinda
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#56 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

Oh don't worry guys, the best player in the league will be back in a week.

...and it will be the most miraculous recovery from a severe concussion in NHL history. :o

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#57 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Good I'm glad. I hope he is in pain, all the time.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#58 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

I still remember when he took that puck to the face though, because he'd get injured sometimes and you never saw him react to it violently. He would just get off the ice and that was that. This downed him like a felled tree and watching him writhe around and kick on the ice like that was disturbing.

Yea that was a horrible game. I was actually watching with friends, who aren't Red Wings fans, but Leaf fans. They had no class and actually gave me a hard time when Calgary won that game. Obviously I was crushed about Yzerman, I thought his career was over, and couldn't care less about the loss.

After that game I decided I'll never watch a Red Wings game with someone who isn't a Red Wings fan. Also it proved that Leaf fans suck!!

Edit: I've never forgotten that night...

Edited by Barrie, 07 January 2011 - 11:32 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#59 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

I had a mild concussion once. I had this terrible awful dream that I was in my 20's, making millions of dollars and still living in Mario Lemieux's basement

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#60 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

I had a mild concussion once. I had this terrible awful dream that I was in my 20's, making millions of dollars and still living in Mario Lemieux's basement

ZING!!! You sir win the thread!
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game