• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

New Jersey Devils have traded Jamie Langenbrunner back to the Dallas Stars. Bob McKenzie believes the Devils will get a 3rd round pick.

#2 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

Makes the Stars that much stronger.

Good pick up
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#3 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

i remember watching him play for the kalmazoo wings waaaaay back in the day. he signed a jersey i had.

#4 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Dang. Stars get stronger and on the cheap to boot. They could be a 2nd round opponent...

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

So who gets the 'C' in New Jersey right now? Elias? Kovalchuk? :ph34r:

Edited by Travis, 07 January 2011 - 10:26 AM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

IŽd go with Parise

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

IŽd go with Parise

That's my first thought, too, but with him on IR - do they roll 3 A's or hand out a temporary C?

#8 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

Those four extra goals will put the Stars over the top.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#9 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Makes the Stars that much stronger.

Good pick up

In my mind "that much" = "a little bit".

It's 2011.

He's a 35 year old who's making 2.8mil this season. 14pts and -15 in 31 games this year (missed 8 with a neck injury). He had a great year last year but you can't assume veteran players will continue to trend upwards. There's definitely a reason why the Devils only got a conditional 3rd for him.

Everyone says "but he's a strong playoff performer!". Yeah, and so was Feds. Let's steal him away from the KHL!

Last year Langenbrunner had 1 helper and 0 goals in 5 playoff games. The year before it was 2 goals and 1 helper in 4 games. He's lead his team to three terrible first round slaughterings in a row. His last impressive playoff year was the year the Oilers broke Yzerman's face.

I dunno... I just can't put a ton of stock in the leadership in that lockerroom right now. They've been nothing but playoff disappointments since the lockout.

IŽd go with Parise

The Luongo tactic-- you have to sign this summer 'cause we made you captain! :cool:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#10 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Great pickup for the Stars, the guy just flat shows up in clutch games and needed to get out of the hole in NJ, I'm sure he'll really turn it around in Dallas...

I'm a little surprised the Devils gave him away for so little though... they should have at least made that a conditional 3rd rd pick, that could have turned into a 2nd, or a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th, etc... depending on how he does, with it being a minimum of a 3rd...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#11 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Great pickup for the Stars, the guy just flat shows up in clutch games and needed to get out of the hole in NJ, I'm sure he'll really turn it around in Dallas...

I'm a little surprised the Devils gave him away for so little though... they should have at least made that a conditional 3rd rd pick, that could have turned into a 2nd, or a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th, etc... depending on how he does, with it being a minimum of a 3rd...

It is a 3rd conditional, I believe. If he re-signs with the Stars it becomes a 2nd.

#12 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Always liked Langenbrunner. My hope is that Abdelkader will mature into a player like him.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#13 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

It is a 3rd conditional, I believe. If he re-signs with the Stars it becomes a 2nd.

ok, that would make it a lot better of a deal both ways...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#14 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

He's a 35 year old who's making 2.8mil this season. 14pts and -15 in 31 games this year (missed 8 with a neck injury). He had a great year last year but you can't assume veteran players will continue to trend upwards. There's definitely a reason why the Devils only got a conditional 3rd for him.

You can't really hang him out to dry for this year, look at the way the entire Devils squad is playing. When your team is doing that bad, it's destined to show on every players stat sheet. Hell, we established in the other NJ thread that Brodeur has been pulled more times this year than he has wins. Yeah.

They could have got a lot more for him would he not be a UFA after this year. The Devils got what they could get for him while they could. That's all there is to it.

Edited by rrasco, 07 January 2011 - 12:06 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#15 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

He had an NTC, so the Devils were probably limited in the teams they could talk to.

#16 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

It's 2011.

Everyone says "but he's a strong playoff performer!". Yeah, and so was Feds. Let's steal him away from the KHL!

Last year Langenbrunner had 1 helper and 0 goals in 5 playoff games. The year before it was 2 goals and 1 helper in 4 games. He's lead his team to three terrible first round slaughterings in a row. His last impressive playoff year was the year the Oilers broke Yzerman's face.

I dunno... I just can't put a ton of stock in the leadership in that lockerroom right now. They've been nothing but playoff disappointments since the lockout.

The Luongo tactic-- you have to sign this summer 'cause we made you captain! :cool:

He still has a lot left, entire situation in NJ is not good

+1

You can't really hang him out to dry for this year, look at the way the entire Devils squad is playing. When your team is doing that bad, it's destined to show on every players stat sheet. Hell, we established in the other NJ thread that Brodeur has been pulled more times this year than he has wins. Yeah.

They could have got a lot more for him would he not be a UFA after this year. The Devils got what they could get for him while they could. That's all there is to it.

+1

He had an NTC, so the Devils were probably limited in the teams they could talk to.

Yup
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#17 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:37 PM

TSN should error check their reports just a wee bit more carefully.

#18 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

Brodeur :ph34r:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#19 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

That team definitely has a statistical cancer growing in it. I can't believe Kovy is on pace for like 22 goals.

He still has a lot left, entire situation in NJ is not good

I hope so for his sake. He's definitely one of those hard working bleed of the team guys you want to see suceed.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#20 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

It's 2011.

i agree 100% he might help them defensively though. I almost rather have hudler :ph34r: