• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Stars get Langenbrunner back

Rate this topic

Makes the Stars that much stronger.

Good pick up

In my mind "that much" = "a little bit".

It's 2011.

He's a 35 year old who's making 2.8mil this season. 14pts and -15 in 31 games this year (missed 8 with a neck injury). He had a great year last year but you can't assume veteran players will continue to trend upwards. There's definitely a reason why the Devils only got a conditional 3rd for him.

Everyone says "but he's a strong playoff performer!". Yeah, and so was Feds. Let's steal him away from the KHL!

Last year Langenbrunner had 1 helper and 0 goals in 5 playoff games. The year before it was 2 goals and 1 helper in 4 games. He's lead his team to three terrible first round slaughterings in a row. His last impressive playoff year was the year the Oilers broke Yzerman's face.

I dunno... I just can't put a ton of stock in the leadership in that lockerroom right now. They've been nothing but playoff disappointments since the lockout.

I´d go with Parise

The Luongo tactic-- you have to sign this summer 'cause we made you captain! :cool:

Great pickup for the Stars, the guy just flat shows up in clutch games and needed to get out of the hole in NJ, I'm sure he'll really turn it around in Dallas...

I'm a little surprised the Devils gave him away for so little though... they should have at least made that a conditional 3rd rd pick, that could have turned into a 2nd, or a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th, etc... depending on how he does, with it being a minimum of a 3rd...

Great pickup for the Stars, the guy just flat shows up in clutch games and needed to get out of the hole in NJ, I'm sure he'll really turn it around in Dallas...

I'm a little surprised the Devils gave him away for so little though... they should have at least made that a conditional 3rd rd pick, that could have turned into a 2nd, or a 2nd and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th, etc... depending on how he does, with it being a minimum of a 3rd...

It is a 3rd conditional, I believe. If he re-signs with the Stars it becomes a 2nd.

He's a 35 year old who's making 2.8mil this season. 14pts and -15 in 31 games this year (missed 8 with a neck injury). He had a great year last year but you can't assume veteran players will continue to trend upwards. There's definitely a reason why the Devils only got a conditional 3rd for him.

You can't really hang him out to dry for this year, look at the way the entire Devils squad is playing. When your team is doing that bad, it's destined to show on every players stat sheet. Hell, we established in the other NJ thread that Brodeur has been pulled more times this year than he has wins. Yeah.

They could have got a lot more for him would he not be a UFA after this year. The Devils got what they could get for him while they could. That's all there is to it.

Edited by rrasco

He had an NTC, so the Devils were probably limited in the teams they could talk to.

It's 2011.

Everyone says "but he's a strong playoff performer!". Yeah, and so was Feds. Let's steal him away from the KHL!

Last year Langenbrunner had 1 helper and 0 goals in 5 playoff games. The year before it was 2 goals and 1 helper in 4 games. He's lead his team to three terrible first round slaughterings in a row. His last impressive playoff year was the year the Oilers broke Yzerman's face.

I dunno... I just can't put a ton of stock in the leadership in that lockerroom right now. They've been nothing but playoff disappointments since the lockout.

The Luongo tactic-- you have to sign this summer 'cause we made you captain! :cool:

He still has a lot left, entire situation in NJ is not good

+1

You can't really hang him out to dry for this year, look at the way the entire Devils squad is playing. When your team is doing that bad, it's destined to show on every players stat sheet. Hell, we established in the other NJ thread that Brodeur has been pulled more times this year than he has wins. Yeah.

They could have got a lot more for him would he not be a UFA after this year. The Devils got what they could get for him while they could. That's all there is to it.

+1

He had an NTC, so the Devils were probably limited in the teams they could talk to.

Yup

That team definitely has a statistical cancer growing in it. I can't believe Kovy is on pace for like 22 goals.

He still has a lot left, entire situation in NJ is not good

I hope so for his sake. He's definitely one of those hard working bleed of the team guys you want to see suceed.

It's 2011.

i agree 100% he might help them defensively though. I almost rather have hudler :ph34r: