• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blueliner

Stuart out 6-8 weeks with broken jaw

Rate this topic

The NHL is cool. They are all over hooking calls 200 feet from the play, but can't even correctly call an intentional headshot that results in an injury. There better be a lengthy suspension for this, yet somehow I doubt it.

Stuart is so damn reliable back there. More minutes now for Lidstrom and Rafalski, which isn't ideal as we need them both as fresh as possible for the playoffs. These past two seasons have been a disaster.

Also, who cares if we have an enforcer there? Stuart is still out with an injury so I don't feel any better if someone beats the s*** out of Kostopoulis AFTER the fact.

You don't need an enforcer to stick up for your teammates. I realize that Stuart put himself in a vulnerable position by taking like 3 swats at a floating puck ( Lidstrom he aint) but that hit was vicious and an example of the kind of thing that the NHL says they are trying to eliminate from the game. Hockey is a sport where very serious injuries can occur when players take advantage of each other like this and you need to stick together as a team and protect your guys.

If you are a team like the Canucks, or any other division leader, just injure the Wings' players, they won't anything do but wave their finger at you!

Edited by dicksmack

If you are a team like the Canucks, or any other division leader, just injure the Wings' players, they won't anything do but wave their finger at you!

Well, it would their middle finger, so they're trying! :D Seriously, though, Gutlesspuke's (thank you, Harold) hit on Stuart is indefensible by Calgary or the league, if they were stand-up and not the biased morons that they are, in fact. Puke should have to sit out as long as Stuart is unable to play. Wish I ran the league, but I don't.

I can't picture one of our guys doing something like this, but can you imagine the repercussions and punishments and front-page headlines it would make, if they ever did something this dirty?

I prefer my revenge served cold -- like, Calgary missing the playoffs. Yes, that will do. :cool:

Calgary fans are morons, they watch their team clutch, grab, and blatantly interfere then ***** about the refs being against them, they defend what Noodles did to Franzen. If you think this is out of character for their fans you really haven't spent much time around them.

That was the same game where Iginla butt ended Schneider in the ribs (gotta watch how I say that :lol:). That was the same game too when Wings fans were chanting "Calgary sucks" :thumbup:

I was thinking, I wonder if Colin Campbell is going to call Stuart a "little faker" in an e-mail to a friend? Someone watch his Inbox.

Helluva response. It is a game, not life. The guys have to know going in that they can be blind-sided by out-of-control players. As much as I'm outraged by what happened to Stuart, I either can't take it all too seriously, or I hope and pray that those who are supposedly in charge of overall refereeing, do their job consistently and fairly.

A blindside elbow to the head is not something that is part of the game, but I'm sure our 2 minute PP really got Kostopolous thinking about his actions :rolleyes:

Even the small suspensiion he"l get if he gets one, he'll still be out there doing the exact same s***

A blindside elbow to the head is not something that is part of the game, but I'm sure our 2 minute PP really got Kostopolous thinking about his actions :rolleyes:

Even the small suspensiion he"l get if he gets one, he'll still be out there doing the exact same s***

Yup.

he's already been suspended for hitting a guy in the numbers and putting him face-first into the boards.

Agree. Personally I think players like this should be kicked out of the League. That's the only way to send a message to these no talent cheap shot artists.

Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, consistency and fairness has yet to be the center of the NHL's officials' policy. they absolutely suck at this and they've lost all integrity as far as I'm concerned.

Even TSN called it a "blindside hit".

HELLO, NHL? HAVE YOU GOT A BEATING HEART, BETTMAN?

watch the last part of this video. he's so angry. i feel so bad for him. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYBpZbGvv4

and he scares the bejesus out of that girl in white.

After looking at it again look how he lines up Stuart about 3 or 4 strides before he hits him and pumps his elbow. He wasn't going for the chest or going to try to take the stick, he 100% knew what he was doing when he went for the head.

Stuart to have surgery this morning

Per tsn, Stuart will have surgery this morning in Vancouver. No determination will be made on the amount of time he will miss until after the surgery.

This is the Dan Cleary incident all over again, except replace Samuelsson slapshot with db Calgary Flame hit.

And from Mlive 6-8 weeks, no surg

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/red_wings_brad_stuart_wont_nee.html

Edited by Blood On The Ice

That's the first time I ever heard Mike Babcock bleeped in a post-game interview. And he had damned good reason to be cheesed - that was headhunting, plain and simple.

My house mate has seen more of Kostopolis than I have and she says he's nothing but a douchebag. Repeat offender. Should get 5-10 but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he gets a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

Repeat offender. Should get 5-10 but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he gets a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

There is no way that he gets nothing. As a repeat offender, and a clearly dirty blindside hit to the head, he will get a few games.

So. Since Stu didn't need surgery, and no one died, it's all OK! Slap on the wrist and put that flamer db back on the ice to destroy someone else's career. Awesome.

Unless Kostopoulos lives under a rock (entirely possible!), he knew that Stuart had been hit in the back of the head the game before. We were lucky it wasn't a concussion. I believe he targeted Stuart for a head shot, trying to finish him off.

Bums like Kostopoulos need to be ejected from the league. There are too many truly talented players who never get the chance to play NHL hockey. This guy is taking up a valuable place, where someone deserving could enjoy a chance at a great career. Shameful, all around.

I am glad Stuie isn't going to have to have surgery, but it doesn't lessen the crime, IMO.

Edited by puckloo39

Esteef,

What happened when Jody Shelley boarded McQuaid earlier this year, was he taken out in an ambulance? No, the officials walked him away, no one did a thing to him. Your over generalizations while comical are not true!

What happened after Cooke cleaned Savard's clock, or when Bergeroen was boarded?

Would I have liked to see dents put into TK's face by a guy like Mac, sure, but that does not add validation to your statement.

Just another chance for the enforcer crowd to jump up and scream:

"See, what did we tell you!"