179 replies to this topic

#81 umredwing11

umredwing11

Ohh Hot Damn, Dan Is The Man

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Stuart to have surgery this morning

Per tsn, Stuart will have surgery this morning in Vancouver. No determination will be made on the amount of time he will miss until after the surgery.

This is the Dan Cleary incident all over again, except replace Samuelsson slapshot with db Calgary Flame hit.

#82 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Calgary fans are morons, they watch their team clutch, grab, and blatantly interfere then ***** about the refs being against them, they defend what Noodles did to Franzen. If you think this is out of character for their fans you really haven't spent much time around them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqje98Rit_A

That was the same game where Iginla butt ended Schneider in the ribs (gotta watch how I say that :lol:). That was the same game too when Wings fans were chanting "Calgary sucks" :thumbup:

I was thinking, I wonder if Colin Campbell is going to call Stuart a "little faker" in an e-mail to a friend? Someone watch his Inbox.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#83 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

Helluva response. It is a game, not life. The guys have to know going in that they can be blind-sided by out-of-control players. As much as I'm outraged by what happened to Stuart, I either can't take it all too seriously, or I hope and pray that those who are supposedly in charge of overall refereeing, do their job consistently and fairly.

A blindside elbow to the head is not something that is part of the game, but I'm sure our 2 minute PP really got Kostopolous thinking about his actions :rolleyes:

Even the small suspensiion he"l get if he gets one, he'll still be out there doing the exact same s***

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#84 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

A blindside elbow to the head is not something that is part of the game, but I'm sure our 2 minute PP really got Kostopolous thinking about his actions :rolleyes:

Even the small suspensiion he"l get if he gets one, he'll still be out there doing the exact same s***

Yup.

he's already been suspended for hitting a guy in the numbers and putting him face-first into the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkFRMkZjMw&feature=related

#85 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Agree. Personally I think players like this should be kicked out of the League. That's the only way to send a message to these no talent cheap shot artists.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#86 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Yup.

he's already been suspended for hitting a guy in the numbers and putting him face-first into the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFkFRMkZjMw&feature=related

That's about as dirty a hit from behind as I've ever seen.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#87 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

watch the last part of this video. he's so angry. i feel so bad for him. :(

and he scares the bejesus out of that girl in white.
Posted Image

#88 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

No surgery needed, but still out 6-8 weeks.

http://www.kuklaskor..._stuart_update/

#89 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Agreed. As I said in an earlier post, consistency and fairness has yet to be the center of the NHL's officials' policy. they absolutely suck at this and they've lost all integrity as far as I'm concerned.

Even TSN called it a "blindside hit".

HELLO, NHL? HAVE YOU GOT A BEATING HEART, BETTMAN?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#90 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

:thumbup: and :thumbdown:
Posted Image

#91 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

http://twitter.com/CraigCustance

Told that league has asked for medical report on Brad Stuart following hit from Calgary's Kostopoulos. Stuart having surgery in Vancouver.

Edited by CenterIce, 08 January 2011 - 01:15 PM.

#92 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

TSN confirmed the news here:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=348522

#93 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

watch the last part of this video. he's so angry. i feel so bad for him. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDYBpZbGvv4

and he scares the bejesus out of that girl in white.

After looking at it again look how he lines up Stuart about 3 or 4 strides before he hits him and pumps his elbow. He wasn't going for the chest or going to try to take the stick, he 100% knew what he was doing when he went for the head.

#94 Blood On The Ice

Blood On The Ice

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Stuart to have surgery this morning

Per tsn, Stuart will have surgery this morning in Vancouver. No determination will be made on the amount of time he will miss until after the surgery.

This is the Dan Cleary incident all over again, except replace Samuelsson slapshot with db Calgary Flame hit.

And from Mlive 6-8 weeks, no surg

http://www.mlive.com...t_wont_nee.html

Edited by Blood On The Ice, 08 January 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#95 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

That's the first time I ever heard Mike Babcock bleeped in a post-game interview. And he had damned good reason to be cheesed - that was headhunting, plain and simple.

My house mate has seen more of Kostopolis than I have and she says he's nothing but a douchebag. Repeat offender. Should get 5-10 but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he gets a slap on the wrist and nothing more.
Posted Image

#96 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

Repeat offender. Should get 5-10 but I'll bet you dollars to donuts he gets a slap on the wrist and nothing more.

There is no way that he gets nothing. As a repeat offender, and a clearly dirty blindside hit to the head, he will get a few games.

#97 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

So. Since Stu didn't need surgery, and no one died, it's all OK! Slap on the wrist and put that flamer db back on the ice to destroy someone else's career. Awesome.

Unless Kostopoulos lives under a rock (entirely possible!), he knew that Stuart had been hit in the back of the head the game before. We were lucky it wasn't a concussion. I believe he targeted Stuart for a head shot, trying to finish him off.

Bums like Kostopoulos need to be ejected from the league. There are too many truly talented players who never get the chance to play NHL hockey. This guy is taking up a valuable place, where someone deserving could enjoy a chance at a great career. Shameful, all around.

I am glad Stuie isn't going to have to have surgery, but it doesn't lessen the crime, IMO.

Edited by puckloo39, 08 January 2011 - 02:49 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#98 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

If only Stuart did up his chinstrap properly.....

Posted Image

#99 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

Esteef,

What happened when Jody Shelley boarded McQuaid earlier this year, was he taken out in an ambulance? No, the officials walked him away, no one did a thing to him. Your over generalizations while comical are not true!

What happened after Cooke cleaned Savard's clock, or when Bergeroen was boarded?

Would I have liked to see dents put into TK's face by a guy like Mac, sure, but that does not add validation to your statement.

Just another chance for the enforcer crowd to jump up and scream:

"See, what did we tell you!"

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#100 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

6-8 weeks, my god. These injuries are getting ridiculous, and Kostopolous is a dirty mofo. Too bad we dont play Calgary again.

#NOMOREKINDL