• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#141 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:45 AM

Here. For anyone and everyone confused or curious over the HNIC debate regarding the hit.

SPOILER ALERT: It's only MM who thought it was clean...
The Hot Stove - Jan8, 11 - HNIC

#142 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:47 AM

SPOILER ALERT: It's only MM who thought it was clean...
The Hot Stove - Jan8, 11 - HNIC

Before a whole mess of people go nuts over MM just know that it is TV, it is about ratings and presenting contrasting viewpoints.

#143 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

Kostopoulos is too chicken to show up for an in person hearing, because he knows he was dead wrong and has no defense, here. I hope he's gets 20 games.

While I agree with Titanium that it's TV and all about ratings, etc., TV is a great place to display one's biases and ignorance. Milbury is a total moron. If ANY other player on ANY other team was injured like Stu was by a puke like Kostopoulos, there would be severe consequences. The other guys bring up the mild concussion to "the best player on the planet" :ph34r: as if that's comparable to what happened to Stu. Whatever.

As the other participants pointed out, there is no contrasting viewpoint. The rules are very clear, and video doesn't lie.

But, oh, well. Since it's just a Red Wing who was hit blindside with an elbow, head-shot resulting in a broken jaw, Kostopoulos is the best tough guy since Vladdy? <_<

Did you see Stu's reaction when he was headed down to the locker room. He was so pissed. I would be, too. Get better soon, Stu.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#144 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Kostopoulos is too chicken to show up for an in person hearing, because he knows he was dead wrong and has no defense, here. I hope he's gets 20 games.

While I agree with Titanium that it's TV and all about ratings, etc., TV is a great place to display one's biases and ignorance. Milbury is a total moron. If ANY other player on ANY other team was injured like Stu was by a puke like Kostopoulos, there would be severe consequences. The other guys bring up the mild concussion to "the best player on the planet" :ph34r: as if that's comparable to what happened to Stu. Whatever.

As the other participants pointed out, there is no contrasting viewpoint. The rules are very clear, and video doesn't lie.

But, oh, well. Since it's just a Red Wing who was hit blindside with an elbow, head-shot resulting in a broken jaw, Kostopoulos is the best tough guy since Vladdy? <_<

Did you see Stu's reaction when he was headed down to the locker room. He was so pissed. I would be, too. Get better soon, Stu.

You can tell Milbury does not like the Wings one bit. BTW, Datsyuk doesn't have a mild concussion, he broke his wrist. Had the Wings not been on back to back games, perhaps Babcock would have bag skated the guys on the ice who didn't respond to the hit (I would hope so),

Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#145 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

this is hockey people, sure it was a bit of a charge but i dont see anything wrong with the hit.... kosto will get nothing.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#146 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

this is hockey people, sure it was a bit of a charge but i dont see anything wrong with the hit.... kosto will get nothing.

He'll definitely get something for his troubles, especially with him not showing up to Toronto.

I love how Milbury sees nothing wrong with the hit on Stuart, but thinks David Steckel taking out Crosby is dirty. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another example of a player 'taking advantage of the situation', Mike.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#147 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

I thought there was supposed to be a hearing about this incident, this morning? Anyone know the outcome, or did it not happen?

You can tell Milbury does not like the Wings one bit. BTW, Datsyuk doesn't have a mild concussion, he broke his wrist. Had the Wings not been on back to back games, perhaps Babcock would have bag skated the guys on the ice who didn't respond to the hit (I would hope so),

:lol: well played!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#148 THE ENFORCER24

THE ENFORCER24

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Great we lose a tough Canadian and replace him witha soft euro. Lovely. We should atleast call up janik to try and replace some physicality. Now we have the softest defense in the NHL. 5 soft euros, and another soft American. Gotta give holland credit, he's made the wings so soft it's laughable. Guess I'll go watch a some Probert fight now to remember how the wings once were a tough and skilled team.

#149 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

Great we lose a tough Canadian and replace him witha soft euro. Lovely. We should atleast call up janik to try and replace some physicality. Now we have the softest defense in the NHL. 5 soft euros, and another soft American. Gotta give holland credit, he's made the wings so soft it's laughable. Guess I'll go watch a some Probert fight now to remember how the wings once were a tough and skilled team.

:rolleyes:
*this space for rent*

#150 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

I'm going to assume you are on some kind of medication and do not comprehend your words.
Posted Image

#151 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Only 3 posts, joined 4 days ago, and trying to get people riled up, I smell a troll

Posted Image

#152 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

And you know what? We're still one of the top teams in the NHL. Sorry if it bothers you.

#153 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

so... one more try here: no news on suspension for Kosto-puke-os?

Did they just blow off the hearing scheduled for today (reason: just a Red Wing, no biggie?) Re-scheduled said hearing? Gave the offender a raise and extension for his actions?

Maybe some of you closer to the action have heard, there is nothing on google news search.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#154 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

He's been suspended six games according to James Mirtle.

Posted Image

#155 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

Good. I read this morning that he was having a hearing to determine whether he'd be suspended or not but I couldn't find anything after that. Thanks for sharing!

#156 cgyfireman

cgyfireman

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

6 games seems fair.I was at the game and most fans around agreed it was a dirty hit.Hope Stuart recovers soon so you guys can paste the Canucks.

#157 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

so... one more try here: no news on suspension for Kosto-puke-os?

Did they just blow off the hearing scheduled for today (reason: just a Red Wing, no biggie?) Re-scheduled said hearing? Gave the offender a raise and extension for his actions?

Maybe some of you closer to the action have heard, there is nothing on google news search.

Loo, if you google it now you'll get more responses than you can shake a hockey stick at. Bad grammar, but I mean well!

It is indeed six games, plus $29,000+ in salary? Did I read that right?!... :blink:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#158 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

From NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=548895

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#159 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Some of them on the Calgary board actually think this is too harsh of a punishment and that it's because the victim was a Wings player. :rolleyes:

#160 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Loo, if you google it now you'll get more responses than you can shake a hockey stick at. Bad grammar, but I mean well!

It is indeed six games, plus $29,000+ in salary? Did I read that right?!... :blink:

thanks, they're all posted less than 10 minutes ago. :hehe: Shaking my hockey stick in their general direction... I guess 6 is better than no games - or a pat on the back.

Puke forfeits $29569.92, to be precise. It doesn't take him as long as it does me to make that amount (like half a year or so), so I doubt he really cares.

Perhaps if his absence causes hardship/losses to Calgary, they will not be so happy about such behavior. One can hope!

Some of them on the Calgary board actually think this is too harsh of a punishment and that it's because the victim was a Wings player. :rolleyes:

Stuart was dumb for putting his head/jaw in the path of Kostpoulos' flying elbow, I guess. :cool:

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever