• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ben_usmc

Who would have thought?

Rate this topic

They've played well, very well. Smart too. Now Tatar, Kindl and Mursak have played long stretches to hit the wall where they look like they're skating in sand but boy, it sure warms the cockles of my heart to see such a strong future mixed with a great veteran presence. Learn youze kids, learn...

They call him Tatar Salad

See that's why I love having vets that stay for to long. I know I ***** as much as anyone about players such as Chelios and Malbty, etc all over staying their value. But when you think about it, that's why the Wings manage to stay so competitive. What ends up happening is that while the aging stars start to lose their abilities the younger ones learn to make up for the short comings (all while being trained by the aging elite). So then when they actually do retire we notice nothing because the younger player starts to become elite. I maybe stepping on the ledge but Kronwall is looking primed to be a top pairing player now!

I maybe stepping on the ledge but Kronwall is looking primed to be a top pairing player now!

I definitely agree, he's been solid this year.

Obviously measuring him by Lidstrom's yardstick is ridiculous, but compared to a lot of defensemen in the NHL, he stacks up very well.

Yes to this. Didn't Kenny pretty much say coming out of camp that Smith was NHL ready but he wouldn't be able to crack the roster because the talent in front of him? Give him a chance to prove that he is.

I saw something that a few of Grand Rapids' defenseman are injured, including Janik and Smith, so they will be riding with what they got for a while.

See that's why I love having vets that stay for to long. I know I ***** as much as anyone about players such as Chelios and Malbty, etc all over staying their value. But when you think about it, that's why the Wings manage to stay so competitive. What ends up happening is that while the aging stars start to lose their abilities the younger ones learn to make up for the short comings (all while being trained by the aging elite). So then when they actually do retire we notice nothing because the younger player starts to become elite. I maybe stepping on the ledge but Kronwall is looking primed to be a top pairing player now!

It seems like only a short time ago that Dats and Z where the young bucks.

There is something really cool about seeing Draper and Helm out there together.

It seems like only a short time ago that Dats and Z where the young bucks.

There is something really cool about seeing Draper and Helm out there together.

exactly, it's cool to basically see the star groom his replacement. Now all we do is need Homer to teach someone his game

Draper was a star in his own right. Selke trophy, fixture on the PK for 10+ years on a team that's a perennial contender. Them is some pretty mighty fine achievements there that you hope guys like Helm can aspire for.

Nah...

He was never a star. He was and is a solid contributor. It takes more than one Selke and a bunch of PK shifts to become an actual 'STAR'.

Stars score on breakaways more than once a decade.

Besides... I'm a star in my own right too. Hey! So are you! :)

Edited by Broken 16