40 GP, 27-8-5, 59 pts
Last Game: Defeated EDM 6-1

Last DET-VAN Meeting:
12/22, VAN 4 at DET 5 (OT) Recap
- LGW GDT

Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9RJdj4yGY

Rest of GDT will be forthcoming

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 08 January 2011 - 12:36 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Very tough game.
The Canucks are hot!

Hope, that Oz will have an outstanding game, Wings win 4-3!

Edited by germanwing, 08 January 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#3 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

Low scoring game out of nowhere! 2-1! Wings win! Salei and Mursak score!
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#4 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

Going to be a good one. D pairings maybe:

Lidstrom - Kronwall
Ericsson - Rafalski
Salei - Kindl
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#5 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

I hope Ozzie's in goal. At this moment he seems more focused than Howard. But whoever's in net I hope our guys do their damndest to keep The Enemy from our crease, both in bodies and pucks.

I hope, as tired and beat down as they may be, they not only play up to Vancouver's level, they play with pride for their fallen comrades.

I hope our young'ns know deep down that their energy, drive and speed is sorely needed in this game.

I hope our boyz win. OH yeah. :yahoo:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#6 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

I hope Ozzie's in goal. At this moment he seems more focused than Howard. But whoever's in net I hope our guys do their damndest to keep The Enemy from our crease, both in bodies and pucks.

I hope, as tired and beat down as they may be, they not only play up to Vancouver's level, they play with pride for their fallen comrades.

I hope our young'ns know deep down that their energy, drive and speed is sorely needed in this game.

I hope our boyz win. OH yeah. :yahoo:

He is.

Posted Image

#7 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

I fear this may be last team we needed to face on a back to back game, and with our depleted side.

If having Dats, Fil, Clears and Mike out wasn't enough losing Stuy on the back end could prove one too many.
Im feeling for Kindl at the moment, he needs games but coming in in this situation may be a bit of a hard task.
I hope we dont get blown away, but we've been giving bottom feeder teams 3 - 4 goals, these Nucks dont need
spotting any goals, my heart says 2-3 ot loss so we get something from the game but my head says 5-2 Nucks.
Prove me wrong boys.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#8 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

Went to the Nucks board and was pleasantly surprised. They seem to recognize that the hit to Stuie was bad and had a bad call attached to it. The GDT is written on a brown paper bag = pretty cool imho. I think it will be close...
Wings win 4-2 with an empty netter late in the 4rd.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#9 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

Gonna be a tough one. Vancouver is 13-0-2 in their last 15 games. Scary.

#10 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I fear this may be last team we needed to face on a back to back game, and with our depleted side.

If having Dats, Fil, Clears and Mike out wasn't enough losing Stuy on the back end could prove one too many.
Im feeling for Kindl at the moment, he needs games but coming in in this situation may be a bit of a hard task.
I hope we dont get blown away, but we've been giving bottom feeder teams 3 - 4 goals, these Nucks dont need
spotting any goals, my heart says 2-3 ot loss so we get something from the game but my head says 5-2 Nucks.
Prove me wrong boys.

What were the odds that they were going to win against a young fast team in Colorado as the 3rd game in 4 nights with travel the night before and a shaky Ozzie in net?

That's why hockey is a great game, much of it is mental and the boys may be fired up to play strong for Stuie. Vancouver played last night also and they only have two goal scorers.

4-3 Wings
Do or do not. There is no try

#11 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Canucks are on fire. Just to be fair to our injury problems, the NHL has told the Canucks that they have to sit their top line. :hehe:

Let's just get through this with no injuries, no way we'll win unless the Canucks have a very bad night.

LGW!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#12 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hoping for the best here, but the Canucks are tearing it up lately. Another Luongo breakdown is what we need along with the standard full 60, etc, etc.
Posted Image

#13 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Everyone is going to need to be playing their best tonight. We'll need Zetterberg on his A-game and we'll need to keep getting guys like Eaves chipping in. Our D will have to be extra tight now more than ever with Stuart gone. And Osgood will need to keep up with my "1 softie per game" standard.

This game is very winnable if the Wings play mentally tough. It'll be a trial and they could easily lose this game despite having a strong effort given all of our injuries, but it's definitely winnable. Both teams played last night. I give the Wings an edge though only because they have to know they need to be at their best to win this one whereas Vancouver might be more likely to back down against our weakened lineup.

60 minutes.

Edited by gcom007, 08 January 2011 - 02:15 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#14 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

What were the odds that they were going to win against a young fast team in Colorado as the 3rd game in 4 nights with travel the night before and a shaky Ozzie in net?

That's why hockey is a great game, much of it is mental and the boys may be fired up to play strong for Stuie. Vancouver played last night also and they only have two goal scorers.

4-3 Wings

That's why they play them. Never know what is going to happen in this stick fight of a game.

Tough game tonight too. Hope the boys are ready to play. As Babbles would say, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. 2-0 Wings after the first; 3-2 final, Wings. It's the only way we have a chance tonight.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#15 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

4-3 Wings

Shaky Ozzie? He's been solid even in losses since returning from the groin injury. His stats since returning feature a low 2's GAA and I believe a .910+ or more save %. And again, he hasn't had a game where he was letting in a lot of softies. He's making them earn the goals they're getting off of him. Babcock of all people wouldn't be giving him more starts if he didn't believe he was solid, even with Jimmy struggling lately.

Right off the bat: http://www.detnews.c...return-to-Wings
-Elliot...does not panic.

#16 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

Sorry guys, I just don't think there is any chance the Wings will win this one. I'll be watching from the poker room. Someone's got to win.

#17 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Wings in Vancouver has always been a high scoring game the last few years, and the way the wings have been playing the last six weeks another 5-4 or 6-5 is on the cards.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#18 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

Current Streaks
Regular Season Streaks
Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 shootout)
Road: 5-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Vancouver
Overall: 1-game winning streak (overtime)
Road: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games
Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season
Overall: 6W-3L-1OTL
Road: 7W-2L-1OTL

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Vancouver
Overall: 6W-2L-2OTL
Road: 6W-3L-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip
This is the third game of a five-game road trip.

Record on this Date
January 8
This is the 32nd regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 31 games:

18W-9L-4T

This is the 2nd regular season game played vs. Vancouver on this date. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#19 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Sorry guys, I just don't think there is any chance the Wings will win this one. I'll be watching from the poker room. Someone's got to win.

Yeah... not to go all mindfly but it doesn't look good. It didn't help last night that Lidstrom played darn near 30 minutes along with Rafs 25 minutes. I am hoping that Tatar and Draper get a little bit more ice time than last game. Ozzie cannot let in one bad goal tonight as the Canucks are just as good defensively as offensively.

#20 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Paul Devorski (10), Eric Furlatt (27) Linesmen Jay Sharrers (57), Lonnie Cameron (74)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.