van.png CANUCKS

40 GP, 27-8-5, 59 pts

Last Game: Defeated EDM 6-1

Last DET-VAN Meeting:

12/22, VAN 4 at DET 5 (OT) Recap - LGW GDT

Highlights

Rest of GDT will be forthcoming

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I hope Ozzie's in goal. At this moment he seems more focused than Howard. But whoever's in net I hope our guys do their damndest to keep The Enemy from our crease, both in bodies and pucks.

I hope, as tired and beat down as they may be, they not only play up to Vancouver's level, they play with pride for their fallen comrades.

I hope our young'ns know deep down that their energy, drive and speed is sorely needed in this game.

I hope our boyz win. OH yeah. :yahoo:

I hope Ozzie's in goal. At this moment he seems more focused than Howard. But whoever's in net I hope our guys do their damndest to keep The Enemy from our crease, both in bodies and pucks.

I hope, as tired and beat down as they may be, they not only play up to Vancouver's level, they play with pride for their fallen comrades.

I hope our young'ns know deep down that their energy, drive and speed is sorely needed in this game.

I hope our boyz win. OH yeah. :yahoo:

He is.

I fear this may be last team we needed to face on a back to back game, and with our depleted side.

If having Dats, Fil, Clears and Mike out wasn't enough losing Stuy on the back end could prove one too many.

Im feeling for Kindl at the moment, he needs games but coming in in this situation may be a bit of a hard task.

I hope we dont get blown away, but we've been giving bottom feeder teams 3 - 4 goals, these Nucks dont need

spotting any goals, my heart says 2-3 ot loss so we get something from the game but my head says 5-2 Nucks.

Prove me wrong boys.

Went to the Nucks board and was pleasantly surprised. They seem to recognize that the hit to Stuie was bad and had a bad call attached to it. The GDT is written on a brown paper bag = pretty cool imho. I think it will be close...

Wings win 4-2 with an empty netter late in the 4rd.

I fear this may be last team we needed to face on a back to back game, and with our depleted side.

If having Dats, Fil, Clears and Mike out wasn't enough losing Stuy on the back end could prove one too many.

Im feeling for Kindl at the moment, he needs games but coming in in this situation may be a bit of a hard task.

I hope we dont get blown away, but we've been giving bottom feeder teams 3 - 4 goals, these Nucks dont need

spotting any goals, my heart says 2-3 ot loss so we get something from the game but my head says 5-2 Nucks.

Prove me wrong boys.

What were the odds that they were going to win against a young fast team in Colorado as the 3rd game in 4 nights with travel the night before and a shaky Ozzie in net?

That's why hockey is a great game, much of it is mental and the boys may be fired up to play strong for Stuie. Vancouver played last night also and they only have two goal scorers.

4-3 Wings

Canucks are on fire. Just to be fair to our injury problems, the NHL has told the Canucks that they have to sit their top line. :hehe:

Let's just get through this with no injuries, no way we'll win unless the Canucks have a very bad night.

LGW!

Everyone is going to need to be playing their best tonight. We'll need Zetterberg on his A-game and we'll need to keep getting guys like Eaves chipping in. Our D will have to be extra tight now more than ever with Stuart gone. And Osgood will need to keep up with my "1 softie per game" standard.

This game is very winnable if the Wings play mentally tough. It'll be a trial and they could easily lose this game despite having a strong effort given all of our injuries, but it's definitely winnable. Both teams played last night. I give the Wings an edge though only because they have to know they need to be at their best to win this one whereas Vancouver might be more likely to back down against our weakened lineup.

60 minutes.

Edited by gcom007

What were the odds that they were going to win against a young fast team in Colorado as the 3rd game in 4 nights with travel the night before and a shaky Ozzie in net?

That's why hockey is a great game, much of it is mental and the boys may be fired up to play strong for Stuie. Vancouver played last night also and they only have two goal scorers.

4-3 Wings

That's why they play them. Never know what is going to happen in this stick fight of a game.

Tough game tonight too. Hope the boys are ready to play. As Babbles would say, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. 2-0 Wings after the first; 3-2 final, Wings. It's the only way we have a chance tonight.

4-3 Wings

Shaky Ozzie? He's been solid even in losses since returning from the groin injury. His stats since returning feature a low 2's GAA and I believe a .910+ or more save %. And again, he hasn't had a game where he was letting in a lot of softies. He's making them earn the goals they're getting off of him. Babcock of all people wouldn't be giving him more starts if he didn't believe he was solid, even with Jimmy struggling lately.

Right off the bat: http://www.detnews.com/article/20101204/SPORTS0103/12040425/1128/SPORTS/Chris-Osgood-takes-loss-but-looks-solid-in-return-to-Wings

Wings in Vancouver has always been a high scoring game the last few years, and the way the wings have been playing the last six weeks another 5-4 or 6-5 is on the cards.

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 shootout)

Road: 5-game winning streak (1 overtime, 1 shootout)

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Vancouver

Overall: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Road: 1-game losing streak

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season

Overall: 6W-3L-1OTL

Road: 7W-2L-1OTL

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Vancouver

Overall: 6W-2L-2OTL

Road: 6W-3L-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the third game of a five-game road trip.

Record on this Date

January 8

This is the 32nd regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 31 games:

18W-9L-4T

This is the 2nd regular season game played vs. Vancouver on this date. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L.

LGW.

Sorry guys, I just don't think there is any chance the Wings will win this one. I'll be watching from the poker room. Someone's got to win.

Yeah... not to go all mindfly but it doesn't look good. It didn't help last night that Lidstrom played darn near 30 minutes along with Rafs 25 minutes. I am hoping that Tatar and Draper get a little bit more ice time than last game. Ozzie cannot let in one bad goal tonight as the Canucks are just as good defensively as offensively.

I hope that the Wings will win. I know they have the talent, despite injuries, to win. They will have to be at their best, but it can be done.

That said, if ever I was going to predict a loss based on the state of the team and the strength of the opposition, it would be tonight.

We can beat Vancouver on a good night, but the odds of winning the butt end of a back to back on a long western road trip coming off a game that went to a shootout, whilst plagued with injuries <pause for breath> are not that great.

Nonetheless, GO WINGS!!! GO OZZIE!!!

Edited by 55fan