• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

No its not worse than last year, lets hope it never gets that bad.

This was our lineup at one point in December last year:

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

May-Newbury-Maltby

Lidstrom-Meech

Janik-Rafalski

Lebda-Stuart

:hehe:

and we still hit 100 points and made the playoffs as a fifth seed :)

Howard would do well to build off the energy he was able to get going for the last 15 minutes of yesterdays game. If he plays at all like he did in the first 40 last night, we're toast. I'd feel better with Osgood in based on how things have gone the last couple months, but Jimmy's certainly capable of playing better. Hopefully he'll get it going. He'll absolutely have to or we will be toast.

Well according to the Canucks site,they should just award this game to the Canucks,no point for Detroit even showing up <_<

No sane Canuck fans (of which I am one) would ever say that. And if it's the main Canucks forum you're talking about, it has a massive membership and a lot of them are quite young.

Tonight's game is about the two best teams in the NHL duking it out. Providing both teams show up to play, fans of either team who think their team is gonna win in a cakewalk are delusional.

Something the Wings need to try and do is score in the first period. The Canucks have allowed one goal total in the first period in the last 14 games. That's freaking insane.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

No sane Canuck fans (of which I am one) would ever say that. And if it's the main Canucks forum you're talking about, it has a massive membership and a lot of them are quite young.

Tonight's game is about the two best teams in the NHL duking it out. Providing both teams show up to play, fans of either team who think their team is gonna win in a cakewalk are delusional.

Something the Wings need to try and do is score in the first period. In the last 14 games the Canucks have allowed one goal in total in the first period.

I think the Canucks will win easily and i'm a Wings fan :unsure:

ordinarily yes it would be close but the Wings just have too many injuries

Edited by ricky0034

I think the Canucks will win easily and i'm a Wings fan :unsure:

ordinarily yes it would be close but the Wings just have too many injuries

Yeah the Wings appear snake-bit again this season. They're dropping like flies.

I never count the Wings out though. And this is the Canucks 6th game in nine nights. They sure didn't look tired last night but you never know.

Yeah the Wings appear snake-bit again this season. They're dropping like flies.

I never count the Wings out though. And this is the Canucks 6th game in nine nights. They sure didn't look tired last night but you never know.

I figure the tiredness should pretty much cancel out

sure the Canucks are on a back to back and the 6th game in 9 nights but the Wings are on a back to back too and played 16 games in December and this is their 4th in January

Why don't you like Kesler?

Cocky guy, cheap artist, etc... Just seems to always say and do the wrong things. But with that said I think he's an amazing player at both ends of the ice and this year he's really taken it up a notch hence why I hate him even more.

Cocky guy, cheap artist, etc... Just seems to always say and do the wrong things. But with that said I think he's an amazing player at both ends of the ice and this year he's really taken it up a notch hence why I hate him even more.

What do you mean "cheap"? If you mean cheap shot artist he certainly doesn't have a history of that. The main criticism of Kesler from opposing fans has always been that he yaps too much, but he's totally dropped that aspect of his game. And his game has done nothing but improve. Burrows has also gone a long way to dropping that kind of stuff.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Kesler+grows+thrives+middle/3991599/story.html

I am bummed about Ozzie not playing, I just hope that he can deal with it and come back. I did my game day rituals for when he's in net, so I hope that's not going to be bad for Howard. :P

Go Wings!!! Play like we know you can and you'll win the game.

Howard will be fine, if the rest of the Wings show up tonight. I have to believe, they KNOW they had better. Of course, it won't stop people here from blaming every goal on Jimmy, regardless of the back to back and missing a top D-man on top of everything else.

Yes, I am psychic. Not. Just been here a long time. :D

Hey, Chairman Maouth, what kind of reception do you think Bert will get tonight? I loved him so much as a Canuck... love him more as a Wing, of course. :P

Howard would do well to build off the energy he was able to get going for the last 15 minutes of yesterdays game. If he plays at all like he did in the first 40 last night, we're toast. I'd feel better with Osgood in based on how things have gone the last couple months, but Jimmy's certainly capable of playing better. Hopefully he'll get it going. He'll absolutely have to or we will be toast.

Agreed. Because of Ozzie's condition, Howard has to hold it together. It would be way counter-productive to have to bring Ozzie in. And the TEAM has to play well because of Howard AND Ozzie. And the other guys who are out.

Aaaack!! :shocking:

Edited by Vladifan

Jimmy was upset with himself over the losses, but said he sure didn't intend to make it three (last night). I have faith that he will stand tall tonight and going forward. He's got the right stuff.

This constant barrage of losing key players and then adding in the young talent can't be all that easy for him, to have to adjust to the way the different lines and players react in front of him on a nightly basis. Ozzie's a veteran so it probably is easier for him, but Jimmy has to learn on the job. I think he can do it. :thumbup:

Kesler is awesome and I'm sure most Wings fans would agree he fits the Red Wing mold.

Over the past few seasons, out of the teams in the West, the Nucks have done the best job emulating the Wings from their European personnel on the ice, and their playing style and drafting.

They are one of the few teams I like.

Hey, Chairman Maouth, what kind of reception do you think Bert will get tonight? I loved him so much as a Canuck... love him more as a Wing, of course. :P

I don't recall him ever getting treated too poorly when he comes back. There might be the odd boo, but for the most part the fans still appreciate that he was a big part of one of the best lines in Canuck's history.

On a sidenote - with it being a big game tonight, I expect to see the Green Men in attendance and tormenting any Wings who find their way to the penalty box. :P

Edited by Chairman Maouth

What do you mean "cheap"? If you mean cheap shot artist he certainly doesn't have a history of that. The main criticism of Kesler from opposing fans has always been that he yaps too much, but he's totally dropped that aspect of his game. And his game has done nothing but improve. Burrows has also gone a long way to dropping that kind of stuff.

Watch how many times tonight he hacks and whacks and taps at zetterberg behind plays or after whistles... He's cheap s***. Always been always will. He becomes a wing I become tb fan. He's NO red wing!!! Regardless if he's from Michigan.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Kesler+grows+thrives+middle/3991599/story.html

i have never laughed at a red wings telecast like i did then (and now). ******* murph.

ken daniels couldnt even do the play by play after that because he was too busy laughing :fro:

"Food for thought..." :lol: I can never decide if Murph is actually drunk or just goofier than Hell, and those sorts of things just occur to him and he says them out loud.

Watch how many times tonight he hacks and whacks and taps at zetterberg behind plays or after whistles... He's cheap s***. Always been always will. He becomes a wing I become tb fan. He's NO red wing!!! Regardless if he's from Michigan.

you must never have watched Yzerman ;).

Edited by Konnan511

I don't recall him ever getting treated too poorly when he comes back. There might be the odd boo, but for the most part the fans still appreciate that he was a big part of one of the best lines in Canuck's history.

that's a good thing to hear. I like Bert a lot, and while I know they can take it, I hate to hear players boo'ed in their old arenas. Bert and Naslund were the Canucks to me. I am sure he has many fond memories re: Vancouver.

That said, I hope he blasts three past Bobby Lou tonight. A girl can wish, right? :D

that's a good thing to hear. I like Bert a lot, and while I know they can take it, I hate to hear players boo'ed in their old arenas. Bert and Naslund were the Canucks to me. I am sure he has many fond memories re: Vancouver.

That said, I hope he blasts three past Bobby Lou tonight. A girl can wish, right? :D

My wishes counter your wishes. :P