• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Done! Not sure if the Mods would care or not. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble though.

Thanks syntax.

Back to the game....

Doubt we'll see any gooning tonight. Both teams have foregone the enforcers for skill. Pretty rare I think, but when the two best teams in the NHL are doing that you gotta wonder when others are gonna jump on the bandwagon.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

During the first 10 or 15 minutes on the CBC feed they were just talking up the Red Wings like WHOA!!

Really? That seems... out of character.

Thanks syntax.

Back to the game....

Doubt we'll see any gooning tonight. Both teams have foregone the enforcers for skill. Pretty rare I think, but when the two best teams in the NHL are doing that you gotta wonder when others are gonna jump on the bandwagon.

Agreed. I can certainly understand the desire to have an enforcer on the team, but I never understood the arguments that one is required for a team to be successful. I think the Wings & the Canucks are great examples of otherwise.

Edited by Selliria

Thanks syntax.

Back to the game....

Vancouver has pretty much taken the Wings approach when it comes to hockey. And guess what?..... IT WORKS! :!:

Pretty much they were saying we are the pooh. Canucks trying to get the Detroit mentality/business ethic that it's cup or bust.

Our two bottom lines are got outmatched in the first IMO.

Well, CBC got two things right. First, to keep Grapes on that station as long as humanly possible. Second, that the Wings are the pooh. :P

:( I have a friend that is very disappointed

It would be pretty disappointing for die hard Colts fans, as they were trailing with just under a minute to play and kicked a field goal to take a two point lead, only to have the Jets march down the field and kick the winning field goal with no time on the clock left.