• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Not that I want to "Piss in everyone's Chelios"™ after a nice win like this, but it was just a January game, where we were outplayed most of the game, doesn't mean anything really.

I want to see more than one before I start thinking our defensive deficiencies are done with.

But still, great game under adverse conditions. We've now handed Vancouver their last two losses. I guess we've earned the right to act like it means something, even if it doesn't.

Thanks a lot! My Chelioses are officially pissed in. :unhappy::angry2::annoyed:

Alright, everyone. It's bedtime for me. These back to back late nights and having to be at work at 8am this morning have done me in. Sleep is needed! :zzz:

That was....really awesome. I keep staring at the box score on NHL.com just because I like seeing it so much. I especially like the number: 2-1. Gives me a zen sort of feeling seeing that low score, you know? 'Course, I didn't exactly feel that during the game, but that's how it goes. I didn't get to watch the 1st period, but I thought we looked solid in the 2nd and 3rd. There were a couple of penalties I'd like to have back that slanted the puck possession toward the Nucks there for a while, but at even strength I thought we were doing pretty good, especially considering who we were playing.

I farking love seeing Howard do well. That was the gosh darn definition of solid, and I REALLY hope he keeps it up. I hope this is the result of his recent lessons (that's a dumb word for it, but I can't think right now, hur) and not just a fluke because it's awesome to see him succeed. Excuse me while I go fangirl it up a little.

By the way, did anyone think that losing Dats would be the key to turning into an awesome shootout team? Seems counter-intuitive, but whatever works.

it's Howard mostly

not like the Wings scored a ton in those two shootouts(just once each time) but Howard was 3/3 both times :thumbup:(although stopping the first 5 didn't do him much good earlier in the year when Datsyuk was around :lol:)

Edited by ricky0034

i wish i could be happy about this, the shooting today happened right down the street from my house, and by a kid i knew and went to highschool with. glad to see the win and a western canada sweep. seems like its been a while for that one

That's better than my setup, i'm only using 1 widescreen monitor and 1 19" 4:3 (but 2 computers :D ).

I'm kind of forced to watch games at the computer ;)...someday I'll build the HTPC I've been wanting to do. Then it's HD Wings games on the projector, 100" screen...wooooo

Edited by drumnj

Great game, very entertaining. Howard was the difference, IMO (and a couple posts ;))

I'll look forward to March 23, and seeing what the Nucks can do vs. a healthy Detroit squad. Congrats on the win, and ending the winning streak (now an "unbeaten in regulation" streak?) :P

I don't feel too bad about the loss....no shame in losing to Detroit, and it could be a good thing to take these guys down a notch...I'm worried they'll start believing their own hype, and that they don't need to show up to win (as was the case vs Cgy and Edm).

Edited by henriksedin

1. Set your laptop up near your TV.

2. Develop a strong passive-agressive bipolar Wings appreciation.

3. Post during the game.

4. ???

5. Profit.

desktop-1.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Xitium

Until players start coming back I expect the games to be as tight as it was against VAN last night. If they're going to allow themselves a chance to win then they really have to think about nothing else but team defense.

Wings in Vancouver has always been a high scoring game the last few years, and the way the wings have been playing the last six weeks another 5-4 or 6-5 is on the cards.

What do I know? :D

If I'm not mistaken this is a RARE occurrence here, where we won all three games in Western Canada. Someone who knows the stats better should look it up. I seem to remember hearing we'd only done in a handful of times since Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver started in the league.

if i was on facebook I would "like" the comment above me. A bunch of us bros went to the game tonight (wing fans) wooooeoeooe what a sick game Jimmy Howard was UNBELIEAVABLE even the nuck fans were giving him props. HUUUUUUUGE win tonight wow such a fun night in downtown vancouver

jesus tap dancing christ, just re-watched the highlights on nhl.com and sorry guys but Howard is THE MAN 2 game-saving saves made early in the 1st on Sedin and in the 3rd on I believe on Sedin again. How about Jiri friggin Hudler a slapshot in the shooutout!!! are you jokinen me???!!???? omg I turned right around to a bunch of wing fans behind me at the rogers arena and they were like "finally hudler did something" damn straight baby what a group of warriors we have this year. Enjoy the ride people, it may not always be smooth sailing but these boys can get it done. GOOO WINGS!!!

Reading Canuck fans comments, it's hard to believe if they're serious or not regarding Luongo's Oscar worthy performance in overtime.

If the Wings had ended up losing the game, I'd totally be bitching about that today. However, now that we have the win, its just comical.

Waaa I can't stop da puck so I'll just fall down and maybe they'll waive it off..... What a ******.