• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Well, I'm a little late to the party here, but I just have to say "Thank God for CBC." Freakin' Pistons OT. :angry: I pretty much stayed on the CBC feed and ended up really enjoying the commentators. They didn't seem homerish at all. Of course, that was probably because it wasn't Toronto or Montreal. :) Even Grapes had some nice things to say about the Wings, especially what he called their "Harlem Globetrotter performance" against Calgary.

Wings were lucky to come out of this one with 2 points IMHO. Jimmy's robbery in the first 12 minutes of the first made the difference. I was also fairly pleased with the officiating, which doesn't happen often. There were a few BS calls or non-calls here and there, but on a whole, I liked how they just let them play. Two gillyfos for the refs.

I think our issues are coming up in the next 3 games; we have Colorado and Columbus back-to-back this weekend, two teams the Wings are going to be overconfident about. Both certainly beatable, but I fear a lackadaisical attitude.

jesus tap dancing christ, just re-watched the highlights on nhl.com and sorry guys but Howard is THE MAN 2 game-saving saves made early in the 1st on Sedin and in the 3rd on I believe on Sedin again. How about Jiri friggin Hudler a slapshot in the shooutout!!! are you jokinen me???!!???? omg I turned right around to a bunch of wing fans behind me at the rogers arena and they were like "finally hudler did something" damn straight baby what a group of warriors we have this year. Enjoy the ride people, it may not always be smooth sailing but these boys can get it done. GOOO WINGS!!!

The second "game-saver" you are referring to..I just don't see what wasso special about it. Howie crossed the crease well and stopped the shot, but it wouldn't be OMGSUPERSAVE!!!!1!!1!!!! if he hadn't, after solidly catching the puck, diving forward like some kind of Super-Hasek. Was he trying to do a front flip in celebration?

Good save, but nothing great or game-saving.

The second "game-saver" you are referring to..I just don't see what wasso special about it. Howie crossed the crease well and stopped the shot, but it wouldn't be OMGSUPERSAVE!!!!1!!1!!!! if he hadn't, after solidly catching the puck, diving forward like some kind of Super-Hasek. Was he trying to do a front flip in celebration?

Good save, but nothing great or game-saving.

Wow! What? The second save was much better than the first IMO, and it had nothing to do with the glove antics after the save. It was the very definition of a game saver.

Wow! What? The second save was much better than the first IMO, and it had nothing to do with the glove antics after the save. It was the very definition of a game saver.

Goalies in Detroit can't win good enough to suit some people. <_< Of course, I am biased and love an athletic goalie. Fun to watch!

No worries. Jimmy was brilliant. He can build on this confidence tonight. I have faith in him, and in the Wings to play as a team and win it.

Edited by puckloo39