• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#381 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, what's up with him lately? I really don't recall him doing this s*** last season.

The weird thing about Franzen is how unstoppable his is when he is on, and how invisible he is when he is off. When he is going on a goal scoring tear, using that great shot, I honestly think, "How is he not a 60+ goal scorer? How can any team keep him off the scoresheet?" But when he plays like this, I get to thinking that its easier for him to be great short-term and injured long-term, let them talk about if he played a full season how great he would be. Worries me honestly.

#382 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

"..nooo, they don't call Sir Nick for hooking or holding unless its completely obvious...". -referring to that late rush by Bieksa.

Any reputation non-calls he gets are offset by the rep calls Homer and Bert get booked for. :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#383 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

5 hour Energy girl is kinda hot.

#384 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

When I go to http://cbssports.com/nhl to watch the GameCenter for this game, why is Crosby and that molester 'stache of his on the front page? He's not playing. He's injured. He's a non-factor in any Pens game until he comes back. They couldn't have found someone's mug to stick up there?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#385 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

How is it that Holmstrom gets at least 4 crosschecks in front of the net (as per the usual) with no call, gives one back and its a penalty. Pathetic...

Plus, nice theatrics from H. Sedin...

That's how it goes for anyone on any team. They get frustrated and get caught on the retaliation. Sucks but dems da breaks.

CBC is so biased it's not even funny. I turn it off during the intermission and crank up some tunes. No point listening to them twats.

During the game I am not hearing it. Seems pretty down the middle. That's just Milbury

Edited by dragonballgtz, 08 January 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#386 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

He doesn't think there was anything wrong with that hit on Stuart last night. He has nothing useful to say.

Gee, Wiz... what do you really think? :P You sound like me, now. It's amazing how blind and stupid people can be, for no reason, in this case. It is obvious that the hit on Stu was dirty, so to say otherwise makes the speaker foolish.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#387 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

I'd like to "subtly interfere" with Milbury's face. With a brick.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#388 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

Milbury whining about Nick...

What on earth for?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#389 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Game on!

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#390 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Good chance for Mule

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#391 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

When I go to http://cbssports.com/nhl to watch the GameCenter for this game, why is Crosby and that molester 'stache of his on the front page? He's not playing. He's injured. He's a non-factor in any Pens game until he comes back. They couldn't have found someone's mug to stick up there?

Pens lost 0-4 to the Wild without Pube-stachio. Perhaps they've forgotten how to play, since they spend all their time on the ice feeding him the puck.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#392 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

TSN had him front and center for quite a while tonight too. And it's funny, when teams beat the Pens with him out, it's always "Crosby-less Pens lose to Team XX" instead of "Team XX wins against Penguins".

If****** hate the hockey media.

4rd underway. I want to see a Lidstrom PP goal. Keep that point streak going. Maybe the hockey media will start a tracker for it. :rolleyes:

ABV_sig.png

#393 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

What on earth for?

How he stopped Bieksa, using his free hand to hold him.

#394 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

MULE!!!!!!!!!!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#395 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Mule!!!

#396 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Woooooow brilliant pass from Hank.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#397 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

#398 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Yeeeeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!! Fn Mule!!!

works every time

#399 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Feed. The. Mule.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#400 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

The weird thing about Franzen is how unstoppable his is when he is on, and how invisible he is when he is off. When he is going on a goal scoring tear, using that great shot, I honestly think, "How is he not a 60+ goal scorer? How can any team keep him off the scoresheet?" But when he plays like this, I get to thinking that its easier for him to be great short-term and injured long-term, let them talk about if he played a full season how great he would be. Worries me honestly.

Well I'll be damned. Mule did it!

Seriously this "talk s*** about a player then he scores" thing is really creeping me out.

Edited by Selliria, 09 January 2011 - 12:01 AM.