• Please log in to reply
756 replies to this topic

#741 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

:lol: found this over at the flames board. don't know if anyone posted it here.

Posted Image

#742 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

^^That is just great! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qC0PTrZ4kw&feature=sub

Babcock (bustling around his kitchen): "Okay. I got a problem here, guys. I got warm toast. I got no butter, man. This is a major crisis for me. Unbelievable."

:rotflmao:

BTW, thanks for posting that. It was really interesting to see a general idea of how the coach's and players' day goes.

#743 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Man, I could literally watch videos like that all day everyday.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#744 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Eh, Howard really didn't play the best, but it is a win.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#745 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

Eh, Howard really didn't play the best, but it is a win.

Posted Image

#746 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qC0PTrZ4kw&feature=sub

New member here. Greetings to all of the Red and White Army.

That video is the closest we have come to Red Wings' version of "HBO's 24/7"

Massive victory. I know some of you do not agree... however it shows the true heart of a depleted team against the hottest one in the league. What hunger by the recent Griffins.

All in all, one word:

Jimmah.

Luongo is a c***.

Red Wing 'till I die.

#747 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken this is a RARE occurrence here, where we won all three games in Western Canada. Someone who knows the stats better should look it up. I seem to remember hearing we'd only done in a handful of times since Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver started in the league.

According to mlive, this is only the second time in franchise history we've ever swept a three game Western Canada trip.

The Red Wings swept a three-game swing through Western Canada for just the second time in franchise history. Detroit is 13-2-3 in western Canada since the start of the 2008-09 season.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#748 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

A playoff series against the Canucks would be quite tough. Quite tough indeed. If I wasn't a fan of the Wings I'd love for the two teams to meet.

#749 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Posted Video

At 2:08 you see an inside joke between the Euro Twins. I wonder what it was.

#750 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

A playoff series against the Canucks would be quite tough. Quite tough indeed. If I wasn't a fan of the Wings I'd love for the two teams to meet.

i think it would be great if they could somehow play for the cup. maybe if the league would abandon the conference system and just seed playoff teams 1-16...

#751 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Once Philly gets Pronger back I feel like they'll be at least near the top defensive teams in the league. The Pens are the Pens. If you don't respect them then you've probably already lost.

#752 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

Well, I'm a little late to the party here, but I just have to say "Thank God for CBC." Freakin' Pistons OT. :angry: I pretty much stayed on the CBC feed and ended up really enjoying the commentators. They didn't seem homerish at all. Of course, that was probably because it wasn't Toronto or Montreal. :) Even Grapes had some nice things to say about the Wings, especially what he called their "Harlem Globetrotter performance" against Calgary.
Wings were lucky to come out of this one with 2 points IMHO. Jimmy's robbery in the first 12 minutes of the first made the difference. I was also fairly pleased with the officiating, which doesn't happen often. There were a few BS calls or non-calls here and there, but on a whole, I liked how they just let them play. Two gillyfos for the refs.
I think our issues are coming up in the next 3 games; we have Colorado and Columbus back-to-back this weekend, two teams the Wings are going to be overconfident about. Both certainly beatable, but I fear a lackadaisical attitude.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#753 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

jesus tap dancing christ, just re-watched the highlights on nhl.com and sorry guys but Howard is THE MAN 2 game-saving saves made early in the 1st on Sedin and in the 3rd on I believe on Sedin again. How about Jiri friggin Hudler a slapshot in the shooutout!!! are you jokinen me???!!???? omg I turned right around to a bunch of wing fans behind me at the rogers arena and they were like "finally hudler did something" damn straight baby what a group of warriors we have this year. Enjoy the ride people, it may not always be smooth sailing but these boys can get it done. GOOO WINGS!!!

The second "game-saver" you are referring to..I just don't see what wasso special about it. Howie crossed the crease well and stopped the shot, but it wouldn't be OMGSUPERSAVE!!!!1!!1!!!! if he hadn't, after solidly catching the puck, diving forward like some kind of Super-Hasek. Was he trying to do a front flip in celebration?

Good save, but nothing great or game-saving.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#754 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

The second "game-saver" you are referring to..I just don't see what wasso special about it. Howie crossed the crease well and stopped the shot, but it wouldn't be OMGSUPERSAVE!!!!1!!1!!!! if he hadn't, after solidly catching the puck, diving forward like some kind of Super-Hasek. Was he trying to do a front flip in celebration?

Good save, but nothing great or game-saving.

Wow! What? The second save was much better than the first IMO, and it had nothing to do with the glove antics after the save. It was the very definition of a game saver.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#755 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,501 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

Wow! What? The second save was much better than the first IMO, and it had nothing to do with the glove antics after the save. It was the very definition of a game saver.

Goalies in Detroit can't win good enough to suit some people. <_< Of course, I am biased and love an athletic goalie. Fun to watch!

No worries. Jimmy was brilliant. He can build on this confidence tonight. I have faith in him, and in the Wings to play as a team and win it.

Edited by puckloo39, 10 January 2011 - 02:13 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#756 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

At 2:08 you see an inside joke between the Euro Twins. I wonder what it was.

Pav:
"Ya know Twin, to this day I still trust my eyes to Dr. Rahmani. And you shoo too."

Hank:
"HaHa"
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#757 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

great to beat Vancouver.. Howard played well and this could be a preview of the western conference finals
IPB Image