• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

On the upside, he's been playing pretty damn well in general let alone for someone who's been bothered by a lingering groin injury. Perhaps he'll come back even stronger. We definitely need him to be ready in a few months, so I guess whatever it takes. If Howard can't get it together, it may not be pretty over the next couple months, but I have no doubt we'll win enough games to stay in the playoff race and that's all that matters to me.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#22 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

who will be injured next in what game and what body part?

I call Darren Helm on Monday against the Avs with a broken arm

I call Paul Boyer with a festering wound caused by a splinter from carrying all the hockey sticks.

How about TMc instead of JMac? Joey was just okay when he filled in some. How about seeing what Tommy boy does in an NHL game?

And by the way, psychologically, I can't take all these injuries anymore. I'm going into hibernation for the sake of my mental health. Somebody please wake me when it's March.

P.S. Anybody wonder if Malts is kicking himself for retiring? He probably would have been called up (not that I would have wanted the call ups taken away from Tatar and Mursak).

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 08 January 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#23 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

I call Paul Boyer with a festering wound caused by a splinter from carrying all the hockey sticks.

How about TMc instead of JMac? Joey was just okay when he filled in some. How about seeing what Tommy boy does in an NHL game?

And by the way, psychologically, I can't take all these injuries anymore. I'm going into hibernation for the sake of my mental health. Somebody please wake me when it's March.

didn't they demote him from the AHL to the ECHL because of his poor play in the AHL?

I really doubt they would trust him to start a NHL game

I wouldn't mind Larsson getting a shot at back up if Osgood is gone a while,but because of his SEL contract he can't until next year I think

Edited by ricky0034, 08 January 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#24 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Draper had groin surgery at the beginning of the season and was out for how long? Assuming this is not an over assumption, that wouldn't be good for the Oz, he was starting to look okay in net. With Ozzy on the edge, Stu for 6-8, and now Filppula out until at least next week, why are our boys dropping like flies? Who angered the hockey gods?

I always thought they prolonged his injury for cap reasons.

#25 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

Well why not? Anything else?

Babcock. Broken stare.

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Babcock. Broken stare.

Here I was going to say Babcock out 2 weeks with upper body injury: bed head.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#27 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Poor Ozzy, I also had "groin surgery" once and it hurt like hell. At least it's 3 inches bigger now, hang in there! It's totally worth it!

#28 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

Poor Ozzy, I also had "groin surgery" once and it hurt like hell. At least it's 3 inches bigger now, hang in there! It's totally worth it!

Osgood is getting a reduction, though. And afterwards, he'll have to wear two leg pads like everyone else does, instead of just one like he does now.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#29 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

Osgood is getting a reduction, though. And afterwards, he'll have to wear two leg pads like everyone else does, instead of just one like he does now.

If that's the case then poor Giguere. He must be overcompensating for something. ;)

#30 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#31 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

Is that why your name is Puffy?

#32 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Well, if Ozzie is out for a while, Howard is picking a good time to start playing like his old self.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#33 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

Is that why your name is Puffy?

To get a true understanding of why my name is Puffy we would have to go all the way back to time of Moses. The year was ???? BC and Moses hired me to build him a time machine. His dream was to visit Mount Sinai in the year 1900 and warn people about all the troubles we were about to face.

Unfortunately I was high at the time and I sent him to 2020 by accident. When he realized that Mount Sinai was now called "Brokeback Mount Sinai" he decided to investigate. He died of cardiac arrest shortly after.

Whoops.

#34 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

Draper had groin surgery at the beginning of the season and was out for how long? Assuming this is not an over assumption, that wouldn't be good for the Oz, he was starting to look okay in net. With Ozzy on the edge, Stu for 6-8, and now Filppula out until at least next week, why are our boys dropping like flies? Who angered the hockey gods?

The lack of enforcer on the roster is what did it. :ph34r:

Edited by Shaman464, 09 January 2011 - 02:29 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#35 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

1. Build time machine
2. ????
3. Dominik Hasek

#36 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

If he does have surgery he'll be out 6 weeks. Yikes. If so, hope they can find a way to win and not overwork Jimmy.

#37 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:04 AM

Whilst there's never a good time to have an injury crisis, at least there'll all happening around a light January schedule and the All-star break.

Sucks for Ozzie though, just as he was playing himself into form and challenging Jimmeh.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#38 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

1. Build time machine
2. ????
3. Dominik Hasek

PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!

All these injuries are making me a sad panda. :(
Posted Image