• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Trade Time?

Rate this topic

It will take Hudler, Eaves, Helm, Kindl and Kronwall stepping it up to make up for the current losses, so far they all have been playing very well since the injuries have started to plague the team and the team doesn't look too much worse for the wear. Hopefully they all also keep up this level when the others start to return.

Agreed. Kronner was playing well before the Black Plague, but all the other guys have stepped up nicely post-injuries. I think the only issue is limited ice team = less production. Hudler won't have an excuse, because he'll still get adequate PP time, but Helm and Eaves will see their ice time diminish.

Not the best logic. Sounds like an old person who refuses to change from an abacus to a calculator. Or from a rotary phone to a cell phone.

Are you saying my rotary phone with an turntable glued to it isn't just as good as an iphone? :blink:

I don't know if some people have noticed, but the Wings are competing for 1st in the league with Datsyuk, Filpulla, Stuart, and Cleary, Modano out. Despite the godawful month of December the Wings are still winning enough to stay atop. You don't make a trade.

Besides, with all the injuries coming back right around the trade deadline you wouldn't want to trade because who knows what the team REALLY needs.

Maybe we do need offense, but wouldn't CLeary and Datsyuk coming back fix that? Because of the timing, there's really no way of telling what the team really does need. The only real question mark was goal. If Howard continues to play like last night, and Ozzie comes back relatively quickly, there's no need to make a move there, either.

If you ask me, Hudler has arisen. Not just the shootout goal, but his overall play. He's done a lot better on the PP at the half-boards. The set-up for Eaves was pure creative hands. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Agreed. I was really harsh on Hudler (deservedly so) but he's trying hard enough now that I think it'd be foolish not to give him a chance to keep playing to see where he ends up. With how deep the team is it's worth keeping him for the rest of the year to see how it goes.

From ESPN (its at the bottom)

• Despite all the injuries in Detroit (top-four defenseman Brad Stuart being the latest, out 6-8 weeks with broken jaw), Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com on Saturday that Detroit wasn't planning on shopping for help and hoped the answer would come from within.

I'm sorry OP, you're at the wrong messageboard.

This is a DETROIT RED WINGS messageboard.

Let me direct you to the panic-button Chicago Blackhawks messageboard.

Why must the trade discussion ALWAYS start with Hudler?

There are injuries.....Hudler gets ice time, Hudler produces.....so the best next action would be to trade him?

Hudler scores and assists on the PP....yup, time for a trade with this guy!

There is a fight for the #1 spot...Hudler happens to score on a shoot out against Vancouver....but, hey, we should make a trade......

PURE STUPIDITY! If Babs wanted to trade Huds, or had the thought of trading Huds, it would have already happened.

Isn't there someone else we can debate about?

We have alot of talent on the team. I still want Hudler traded so I can be sure we have the roster space and cap to keep these youngsters on our team.

Eaves might be worth something on the open market, plus we have to make room for Emmerton and Mursak. Holland could make it work but I am unsure.

These injuries do make it easier to get rid of Hudler, but make it harder because we need him now more than ever. I feel like if he is going to get traded it is going to be in the off season.

The only player I'd like to see coming to Detroit would be Clarkson. The guy is exactly what I'd like to see on our third line. He's decent offensively as well as defensively, and he's gritty.

Imagine a third line of Clarkson - Abs - Cleary

The only player I'd like to see coming to Detroit would be Clarkson. The guy is exactly what I'd like to see on our third line. He's decent offensively as well as defensively, and he's gritty.

Imagine a third line of Clarkson - Abs - Cleary

That would be a pretty sick line. I like Clarkson too, but not enough to part with anyone yet.

One thing on Hudler. Even when he isn't playing well, he is LOVED in that locker room. He's one of those guys that helps keep the other guys loose and in a good mood. I don't want to overstate that fact, but I don't wanna understate it either. It's a relevant contribution. Granted, that's just a bonus if he's doing what he's supposed to be doing on the ice, but it's a relevant factor when determining his value to the team imo.

I think it's time for the redwings to make a trade...

With injuries continually adding up I think it's time to end the experiment with hudler.

Hudler for who, that's the question.

My Guess would be Sergei Gonchar or Alex Hemsky(Kindof disapeared in the last few years)

That's just my opinion, but with the way Edmonton has played the GM may consider trimming salary.

Hi, My name is the Salary Cap. Have we met?

:D

I say we go out and get a konopka type player. I think just one guy like that would do a hell of a lot for Abby and ericsson because he actually knows what he's doing. Than Abby and Ericsson wouldn't feel like they hAve to do all the dirty work.

I don't really think we need to make a trade per say but I agree with this idea completely. For the most part I'm happy with our lineup but feel we are just missing the hammer. A player like Konopka or Prust would do wonders for our team toughness.

esteef