• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

I think it's time for the redwings to make a trade...

With injuries continually adding up I think it's time to end the experiment with hudler.

Hudler for who, that's the question.

My Guess would be Sergei Gonchar or Alex Hemsky(Kindof disapeared in the last few years)

That's just my opinion, but with the way Edmonton has played the GM may consider trimming salary.

We're a point out of the top spot in the conference, are sitting well for the playoffs in spite of injuries right now, unlike last season. Not to say I'm not against trading guys like Hudler or Miller (not that I have anything against them, want them to do good etc.) to make the roster better, but there is no need to make a drastic move unless we make just have a long stretch of games where we tank, which I don't think will happen.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 09 January 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#22 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

If you ask me, Hudler has arisen. Not just the shootout goal, but his overall play. He's done a lot better on the PP at the half-boards. The set-up for Eaves was pure creative hands. Hopefully he keeps it up.

#23 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

If you ask me, Hudler has arisen. Not just the shootout goal, but his overall play. He's done a lot better on the PP at the half-boards. The set-up for Eaves was pure creative hands. Hopefully he keeps it up.

I agree, he is playing like he gives a s***. I'm all for a trade as long is it is lopsided in our favor. Our 1st, Hulder and Miller for OV a 1st, 2nd and 3rd ;)
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#24 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

It will take Hudler, Eaves, Helm, Kindl and Kronwall stepping it up to make up for the current losses, so far they all have been playing very well since the injuries have started to plague the team and the team doesn't look too much worse for the wear. Hopefully they all also keep up this level when the others start to return.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#25 Turbo1

Turbo1

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

Nah, no need to fix what is not broken.

#26 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

It will take Hudler, Eaves, Helm, Kindl and Kronwall stepping it up to make up for the current losses, so far they all have been playing very well since the injuries have started to plague the team and the team doesn't look too much worse for the wear. Hopefully they all also keep up this level when the others start to return.

Agreed. Kronner was playing well before the Black Plague, but all the other guys have stepped up nicely post-injuries. I think the only issue is limited ice team = less production. Hudler won't have an excuse, because he'll still get adequate PP time, but Helm and Eaves will see their ice time diminish.

#27 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

alot of people won't agree, but i say trade homer

#28 THE ENFORCER24

THE ENFORCER24

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

I say we go out and get a konopka type player. I think just one guy like that would do a hell of a lot for Abby and ericsson because he actually knows what he's doing. Than Abby and Ericsson wouldn't feel like they hAve to do all the dirty work.

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

Nah, no need to fix what is not broken.

Not the best logic. Sounds like an old person who refuses to change from an abacus to a calculator. Or from a rotary phone to a cell phone.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

Not the best logic. Sounds like an old person who refuses to change from an abacus to a calculator. Or from a rotary phone to a cell phone.

Are you saying my rotary phone with an turntable glued to it isn't just as good as an iphone? :blink:
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

I don't know if some people have noticed, but the Wings are competing for 1st in the league with Datsyuk, Filpulla, Stuart, and Cleary, Modano out. Despite the godawful month of December the Wings are still winning enough to stay atop. You don't make a trade.

Besides, with all the injuries coming back right around the trade deadline you wouldn't want to trade because who knows what the team REALLY needs.

Maybe we do need offense, but wouldn't CLeary and Datsyuk coming back fix that? Because of the timing, there's really no way of telling what the team really does need. The only real question mark was goal. If Howard continues to play like last night, and Ozzie comes back relatively quickly, there's no need to make a move there, either.

Agreed. I was really harsh on Hudler (deservedly so) but he's trying hard enough now that I think it'd be foolish not to give him a chance to keep playing to see where he ends up. With how deep the team is it's worth keeping him for the rest of the year to see how it goes.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

From ESPN (its at the bottom)
Despite all the injuries in Detroit (top-four defenseman Brad Stuart being the latest, out 6-8 weeks with broken jaw), Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com on Saturday that Detroit wasn't planning on shopping for help and hoped the answer would come from within.

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Unlike the saying, salvation does not lie from within.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Pavel Datsyuk for Gonchar...

Better throw in Lidstrom for Kovalev, too, to make it worth Ottawa's while.

I wonder about OP. :blink:

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

I don't see what the team needs, really. I know there are people who just need an enforcer but honestly the Wings do fine in the playoffs without one. They haven't been truly intimidated out of a game in years.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

alot of people won't agree, but i say trade homer

Please give your opinion why? I am curious to see hear your rationale
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#37 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

As long as Hudler is visible on the ice, and the team continues to win, I see no point.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#38 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

I'm sorry OP, you're at the wrong messageboard.

This is a DETROIT RED WINGS messageboard.

Let me direct you to the panic-button Chicago Blackhawks messageboard.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#39 HudlerFanatic

HudlerFanatic

You're my boy Huds!

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Why must the trade discussion ALWAYS start with Hudler?

There are injuries.....Hudler gets ice time, Hudler produces.....so the best next action would be to trade him?
Hudler scores and assists on the PP....yup, time for a trade with this guy!
There is a fight for the #1 spot...Hudler happens to score on a shoot out against Vancouver....but, hey, we should make a trade......

PURE STUPIDITY! If Babs wanted to trade Huds, or had the thought of trading Huds, it would have already happened.

Isn't there someone else we can debate about?

#40 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

Pat, seriously, lack of production? Are you joking? You do realize the Wings, even in their injured state are FIRST in the league in goals per game, don't you?