• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Kostopoulos suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

I'm glad he nailed that punk Stuart. Stuart is garbage, was beaking all game and deserved what he got. Enjoy your broken jaw chump.

Wow, if he thinks "beaking" during a game deserves a broken jaw, I'd hate to see what his idea of "just punishment" would be outside of hockey...

Mixed feelings.

Longer than I though the sack-less league would give him.

Not as long as he deserved (8-10).

I agree with you on this. It's better than what I was afraid they'd do, but not as long or as severe as I would have wanted. My friend Sheri says that the money he's losing should go to Stuie. Not a bad thought, but I know that won't happen.

The Calgary people were pretty classy years ago with the Jiri Fischer incident, but they lost all credibility with me by their words and actions since.

My friend Sheri says that the money he's losing should go to Stuie. Not a bad thought, but I know that won't happen.

CBA Article 18.7

18.7 Use of Fine Money and Forfeited Salary. Any fines collected from or

Paragraph 1 Salary forfeited by Players pursuant to any discipline imposed by the League

shall be deposited in the NHL Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

With his payrate, I think the fine is only ~$30k anyway. Stuart can probably spend that in a weekend. :hehe:

Guest screwdahawks

Glad to see it was a pretty decent suspension based on the other suspensions this year. But like it was said already, it doesn't bring Stuart back any sooner and that's what really matters. I also fail to see how he only got a 2 minute minor for the hit during the game.

The only decent suspension would be 6 to 8 weeks same as Stuart's shelf time. f***in NHL has no balls.

If it was the NHL's ball lickin Crosby with a broken jaw the ******* would have gotten at least 10 games.

The only decent suspension would be 6 to 8 weeks same as Stuart's shelf time. f***in NHL has no balls.

If it was the NHL's ball lickin Crosby with a broken jaw the ******* would have gotten at least 10 games.

Oh no, he would have gotten a lifetime ban. Can't touch God, you know.

Oh no, he would have gotten a lifetime ban. Can't touch God, you know.

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Crosby is the NHL's baby. They're waiting to wipe his nose when it gets runny and pat his head when he gets injured. Thing is, he has continuously shown a lack of respect for the game of hockey. I'm tired of seeing him skip a handshake because "I didn't know I had to!" I'm tired of hearing him downplay the play of others by making comments such as "well, it's nothing I couldn't have done." And I'm tired of Bettman constantly giving Crosby different rules than other players. (Last year's All Star Game, anybody?)

How this childish punk became "The Next Great One", I'll never know. But as a fan of REAL hockey heroes, I find it incredibly insulting.

/End rant.

Edited by Selliria

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Gretzky whined plenty in Edmonton. He was also quick to give a two hander to anyone who dared to try and hit him and then cry to the refs about it. He just didnt have the media platform Crosby does. There were plenty of people who disliked him for being a ***** too.

I'm glad he nailed that punk Stuart. Stuart is garbage, was beaking all game and deserved what he got. Enjoy your broken jaw chump.

That comment just absolutely floored me just now. I dont even know what to say.

Edited by 13dangledangle

I guesstimated 5 games, so I guess he got what I figured. I would've liked to have seen a 15 game suspension, as we lose a top-pair defenseman and they lose a 4th line scrub with a history of illegal hits. But, that's the NHL for ya... :rolleyes: His fine should be double what it is, what the hell is $30,000 to an NHLer (even a 4th liner??) It was a bulls***, 100% pure intent to injure play and Calgary's response is on par with their organization, delusional and inept.

I'm glad to see that he did get the suspension. I would have liked to see longer but it's better than nothing. And I agree the fine should have been more.

I don't know what Calgary was watching when they saw that hit, there was no way he was trying to hit him in the chest.

Guest screwdahawks

Gretzky whined plenty in Edmonton. He was also quick to give a two hander to anyone who dared to try and hit him and then cry to the refs about it. He just didnt have the media platform Crosby does. There were plenty of people who disliked him for being a ***** too.

[/quote

Spot on, Him and the Penguin's other *****, Mario Laphew where both big time whiners.:clap:

Spot on, Him and the Penguin's other *****, Mario Laphew where both big time whiners.:clap:

All captains have to be "big time whiners." To me the big difference on how fans perceive them basically comes down to how ugly they look when they do it.

Whenever Stevie showed anger, you could say that perhaps a neutral obvserver would watch him and judge him in a "Ooh he's mad but he looks passionate" manner.

With Gretzky, I mean...

340x.jpg

Eww...

And with Mr. Marketing Tool in Pittsburgh, he's got the kind of whiny face that just makes you want to scream "STFU!" and then punch him every time he makes a facial expression.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying but I feel like that's what it is.

Whine Gretzky? Name sounds familiar.

I'm glad Kostopoulos got something for the hit. Maybe they should have a "game per letter in your name" suspension.

We'd be signing May back in a hurry.

Was listening to sports talk on the radio today and they were talking about rules in sports you'd like to see changed. One caller mentioned that for hockey and football, he'd like to see a new rule that if you hurt another player due to a blatantly dirty play, you should be suspended for as long as the player you hurt is out due to the injury you caused him. Not a bad idea if you ask me!

Yzerman was the exact same way, except the part about being thought of as a ***** ha.