• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Kostopoulos suspended 6 games

Rate this topic

"Was six games enough? Of course it wasn't. But when you have to deal with an NHL Players' Association more concerned with the offending player's lighter pocketbook than his victim's lighter head, it is, perhaps, the best we could expect. ... I'll take the suspension over the ridiculous notion that hits such as Kostopoulos' are an essential byproduct of such a manly game and that Stuart ... should have had his head up."

--Ken Campbell, the Hockey News, on Calgary's Tom Kostopoulos' cheap shot and punishment for breaking the jaw of Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart

Read more: Press clipping: Cheap shot on Brad Stuart | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20110112/SPORTS18/101120415/Press-clipping-Cheap-shot-on-Brad-Stuart#ixzz1Au0T4rnT

I hope Stu is doing well and feeling some better. No news locally, I guess, on how he's getting along?

I hope Kostopoulos is getting splinters in his butt from riding the pine. Unfortunately, he's probably somewhere warm on vacation waiting out his tragic 6 game suspension. <_<

I believe Stuart is in San Jose with his family, so I'm sure he's doing good. As good as you can be with a broken jaw.

ah, that's good to hear. He's been a brave little toaster, leaving his family in Cali, while he's playing in Detroit.