that's MR. STUART to you, chooch.
Posted Image

#22 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, I read some comments on one of the forums and found the number of "the league NEVER hands out discipline unless a Red Wing is hit" comments funny. Its like some people just hate the Wings so much it makes them retarded and causes them to make statements like that.

Gery Bettman LOVES us, the NHL fixes games in our favor, Dan O'Halloran loves us, players always get suspended for stuff they do to the Wings, the Wings never get suspended, our lively end boards make us cheaters, and the War Room is always on our side. If you want to argue with any of those you will instantly be flamed on by fans of 29 other teams that hate the Wings with everything in them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

The Flames response is comical. How the hell does he get a broken jaw if he was hit in the chest? f***in' morons.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#24 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Pretty pathetic response from the Flames organization.
Posted Image

#25 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, I read some comments on one of the forums and found the number of "the league NEVER hands out discipline unless a Red Wing is hit" comments funny. Its like some people just hate the Wings so much it makes them retarded and causes them to make statements like that.

I personally love this one.

Posted Today, 03:26 PM

Color me biased just like Colin Campbell.
North-South hit.
Stuart was hit in the front.
Stuart had his head down.
Stuart attempted to play the puck.

Are players really suppose to hold up on their hits and ensure that their opponent has their head up and indeed touched the puck that was swung at?

I don't care if a jaw was broken or not. The 2 minute roughing call was garbage to begin with. That and once again the refs let Holmstrom have his way interferring with the opposing team's goalie. Set of rules for superstars and the Detroit Red Wings and a set of rules for everyone else.

I would love to meet that guy IRL and tell him, to his face, what a complete and utter moron he is.

This one is a real gem too.

I'm glad he nailed that punk Stuart. Stuart is garbage, was beaking all game and deserved what he got. Enjoy your broken jaw chump.

You stay classy, Calgary.

Edited by Selliria, 09 January 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'm glad he nailed that punk Stuart. Stuart is garbage, was beaking all game and deserved what he got. Enjoy your broken jaw chump.

Wow, if he thinks "beaking" during a game deserves a broken jaw, I'd hate to see what his idea of "just punishment" would be outside of hockey...
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Mixed feelings.

Longer than I though the sack-less league would give him.

Not as long as he deserved (8-10).

I agree with you on this. It's better than what I was afraid they'd do, but not as long or as severe as I would have wanted. My friend Sheri says that the money he's losing should go to Stuie. Not a bad thought, but I know that won't happen.

The Calgary people were pretty classy years ago with the Jiri Fischer incident, but they lost all credibility with me by their words and actions since.
Posted Image

#28 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

The suspension seems fair. Sucks Stuart will be out for a while. Kostopoulos is a joke. Too bad that was our last regular season game against Calgary, Big E would kill him.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#29 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

My friend Sheri says that the money he's losing should go to Stuie. Not a bad thought, but I know that won't happen.

CBA Article 18.7
18.7 Use of Fine Money and Forfeited Salary. Any fines collected from or
Paragraph 1 Salary forfeited by Players pursuant to any discipline imposed by the League
shall be deposited in the NHL Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

With his payrate, I think the fine is only ~$30k anyway. Stuart can probably spend that in a weekend. :hehe:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#30 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

The Flames response is comical. How the hell does he get a broken jaw if he was hit in the chest? f***in' morons.

esteef

must have attended anatomy class with pierre mcguire

#31 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Glad to see it was a pretty decent suspension based on the other suspensions this year. But like it was said already, it doesn't bring Stuart back any sooner and that's what really matters. I also fail to see how he only got a 2 minute minor for the hit during the game.

The only decent suspension would be 6 to 8 weeks same as Stuart's shelf time. f***in NHL has no balls.
If it was the NHL's ball lickin Crosby with a broken jaw the ******* would have gotten at least 10 games.

#32 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

The only decent suspension would be 6 to 8 weeks same as Stuart's shelf time. f***in NHL has no balls.
If it was the NHL's ball lickin Crosby with a broken jaw the ******* would have gotten at least 10 games.

Oh no, he would have gotten a lifetime ban. Can't touch God, you know.
Posted Image

#33 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

Oh no, he would have gotten a lifetime ban. Can't touch God, you know.

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Crosby is the NHL's baby. They're waiting to wipe his nose when it gets runny and pat his head when he gets injured. Thing is, he has continuously shown a lack of respect for the game of hockey. I'm tired of seeing him skip a handshake because "I didn't know I had to!" I'm tired of hearing him downplay the play of others by making comments such as "well, it's nothing I couldn't have done." And I'm tired of Bettman constantly giving Crosby different rules than other players. (Last year's All Star Game, anybody?)

How this childish punk became "The Next Great One", I'll never know. But as a fan of REAL hockey heroes, I find it incredibly insulting.

/End rant.

Edited by Selliria, 09 January 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#34 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

Don't even get me started on this...I was being facetious, you know.
Posted Image

#35 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

No no, I know. Lol. I've just seen his name too much today. I started fuming at the ears.

#36 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

The suspension is honestly longer then I thought it would be... I just hope Stuart gets better soon.
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#37 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Good.

I'm obviously all for physical play, but do it the right way.

#38 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Gretzky whined plenty in Edmonton. He was also quick to give a two hander to anyone who dared to try and hit him and then cry to the refs about it. He just didnt have the media platform Crosby does. There were plenty of people who disliked him for being a ***** too.

works every time

#39 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

That comment just absolutely floored me just now. I dont even know what to say.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 09 January 2011 - 10:26 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#40 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

I guesstimated 5 games, so I guess he got what I figured. I would've liked to have seen a 15 game suspension, as we lose a top-pair defenseman and they lose a 4th line scrub with a history of illegal hits. But, that's the NHL for ya... :rolleyes: His fine should be double what it is, what the hell is $30,000 to an NHLer (even a 4th liner??) It was a bulls***, 100% pure intent to injure play and Calgary's response is on par with their organization, delusional and inept.