• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:40 PM

I'm glad to see that he did get the suspension. I would have liked to see longer but it's better than nothing. And I agree the fine should have been more.

I don't know what Calgary was watching when they saw that hit, there was no way he was trying to hit him in the chest.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#42 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

[quote name='kook_10' date='09 January 2011 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1294629539' post='2094749']
Gretzky whined plenty in Edmonton. He was also quick to give a two hander to anyone who dared to try and hit him and then cry to the refs about it. He just didnt have the media platform Crosby does. There were plenty of people who disliked him for being a ***** too.
[/quote
Spot on, Him and the Penguin's other *****, Mario Laphew where both big time whiners.:clap:

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Spot on, Him and the Penguin's other *****, Mario Laphew where both big time whiners.:clap:

All captains have to be "big time whiners." To me the big difference on how fans perceive them basically comes down to how ugly they look when they do it.

Whenever Stevie showed anger, you could say that perhaps a neutral obvserver would watch him and judge him in a "Ooh he's mad but he looks passionate" manner.

With Gretzky, I mean...

Posted Image

Eww...

And with Mr. Marketing Tool in Pittsburgh, he's got the kind of whiny face that just makes you want to scream "STFU!" and then punch him every time he makes a facial expression.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying but I feel like that's what it is.

#44 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Whine Gretzky? Name sounds familiar.

I'm glad Kostopoulos got something for the hit. Maybe they should have a "game per letter in your name" suspension.

We'd be signing May back in a hurry.

#45 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

Wait, were the Flames actually trying to claim that Stuart was playing the puck? So many degrees of delusional over there...

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#46 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Tom Kostopoulos has always been one of those guys that tries to fight...but he just really shouldn't. I've never seen the guy last 20 seconds in a scrap without hitting the ice. He is just all around laughable.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#47 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

We should send some brownies with ex-lax to the Calgary organization

idk if that would be a good idea. The BS is already pretty deep on the boards over there.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#48 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

Was listening to sports talk on the radio today and they were talking about rules in sports you'd like to see changed. One caller mentioned that for hockey and football, he'd like to see a new rule that if you hurt another player due to a blatantly dirty play, you should be suspended for as long as the player you hurt is out due to the injury you caused him. Not a bad idea if you ask me!

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Gretzky whined plenty in Edmonton. He was also quick to give a two hander to anyone who dared to try and hit him and then cry to the refs about it. He just didnt have the media platform Crosby does. There were plenty of people who disliked him for being a ***** too.

Yzerman was the exact same way, except the part about being thought of as a ***** ha.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#50 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

We should send some brownies with ex-lax to the Calgary organization

Why? There's already enough s*** coming out of their mouths.

Posted Image

#51 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

When will they start handing out six game suspensions for these hits when they DON'T injure someone...

They need to do that to stop these hits. And when someone with a record does a cheap hit and it injures they need to be punished far more severely. Six games for six to eight weeks is not acceptable. As a league they have to realize what they have done so far has not taken injuries down a peg, and we have to bring it up a notch.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#52 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

"Hockey players have long memories." -Darren McCarty.

.... I know we do not play them again this year.
.... I know we do not have a big fighter.
.... I know Tom might not be in the league that long.

But I am sure Brad will not forget this next year when we play them.

Lets just not ask Bert to stick up for him.....
"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#53 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

"A number of factors were considered in reaching this decision," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell.

Posted Image

I'm sure little consideration was given to this matter. Suspensions and supposed "points of enforcement" these days are pretty much arbitrary. Kostopoulos deserved at least 10 games for that head shot.

As for Gretzky - remember when he referred to the Devils as a Mickey Mouse organization after a game in which the Oilers whipped them 13-4? Sure, at the time it was quite accurate :hehe:. Still, the idea that Gretzky is somehow this sainted individual that everyone loved is ridiculous.

#54 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

Gretzky was, and is, a ******. Simple as that. So was Lemieux. They were like those pretty girls who KNOW they're pretty, so they think they can get away with everything.

As far as this. Calgary is full of s***. I'd like to send them some eclairs filled with bulldog sperm (I'm sure someone can catch the reference) The hit was EXACTLY what the league wants to get rid of. This is the same guy who practically ended Van Ryn's career.

I'm surprised he got 6. I expected 2, or nothing, honestly. The league hasn't cracked down enough on this s***, clearly. Repeat offenders should be out as long as the injured player, as well as paying medical bills, and giving a BIG chunk of their wage to the injured player. Stuart makes more money than Gutlesss*** (forgot who said that first, but I liked it) and if he had to pay for the amount of money Stuart lost, these dumb, league minimum meatheads might think.

#55 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

It took that long to come up with that number?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#56 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Crosby is the NHL's baby. They're waiting to wipe his nose when it gets runny and pat his head when he gets injured. Thing is, he has continuously shown a lack of respect for the game of hockey. I'm tired of seeing him skip a handshake because "I didn't know I had to!" I'm tired of hearing him downplay the play of others by making comments such as "well, it's nothing I couldn't have done." And I'm tired of Bettman constantly giving Crosby different rules than other players. (Last year's All Star Game, anybody?)

How this childish punk became "The Next Great One", I'll never know. But as a fan of REAL hockey heroes, I find it incredibly insulting.

/End rant.

if i was much of a writer,this is exactly what i would write :clap:

sig by saran,Thanks

#57 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

idk if that would be a good idea. The BS is already pretty deep on the boards over there.

Why? There's already enough s*** coming out of their mouths.

For that exact reason "they are full of it."
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#58 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I can't find anything remotely appealing about Crosby. I'd have to be stupid to deny his hockey talent, but beyond that, he deserves absolutely nothing from the league.

We all know why Gretzky was The Great One and it wasn't just because he could rack up a ridiculous amount of points. It was because he could do that and still be humble towards the opposition and respectful of the integrity of the game. He could get his goal in a game, and then he'd focus his energy on setting up his teammates so they could get their goals too. He didn't puck hog. He didn't trash talk. He didn't whine. And he didn't expect the league to wipe his ass after he took a big one.

Crosby is the NHL's baby. They're waiting to wipe his nose when it gets runny and pat his head when he gets injured. Thing is, he has continuously shown a lack of respect for the game of hockey. I'm tired of seeing him skip a handshake because "I didn't know I had to!" I'm tired of hearing him downplay the play of others by making comments such as "well, it's nothing I couldn't have done." And I'm tired of Bettman constantly giving Crosby different rules than other players. (Last year's All Star Game, anybody?)

How this childish punk became "The Next Great One", I'll never know. But as a fan of REAL hockey heroes, I find it incredibly insulting.

/End rant.

will you marry me?
Posted Image

#59 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

Makes sense :P

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#60 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Makes sense :P

Pushed a linesman during a fight - Was it funny? - Hilarious - No suspension.

:lol:
Posted Image