• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevieisthebest

More 24/7?

Rate this topic

thanks for posting the youtube original "The Season" great stuff. It reminds me of an hour long ESPN 360 (which I love though I often miss it). If it just wasn't all clean talk I would like it as much as 24/7. But you know what I would really like to see? A team seriously in the dumps like Edmonton, NYI (though they're hot right now so they don't count so much" or the NJD. I really wonder what goes on in the constantly slumping team's rooms. Or in a team like Tampa or LA or Dallas who have no expectation of doing well who find themselves in the top of the league.

On the topic of the wings being covered... we have to think of it from the franchises point of view. HBO would have no success following a team like the wings. Besides the local attention and numerous fans around the nation I wouldn't see the ratings being outstanding for any company besides FSN D. The only way possible is two things: we would need another winter classic with wings vs. hawks, hawks would buy the attention of mindless idiots who just started watching hockey precisely two years ago(their whole fanbase), or FSN Detroit makes a series own their own which most defiantly would probably benefit for them and their ratings, and we all know the pistons aren't helping them what so ever.

I'd love to watch one on the Red Wings. They had some kind of special on the other day (I think it was CBC) and it showed Babcock and co. looking at game footage and commenting. It was for the 6-5 game between the Wings and the Canucks, and it was awesome.

I'd love to watch one on the Red Wings. They had some kind of special on the other day (I think it was CBC) and it showed Babcock and co. looking at game footage and commenting. It was for the 6-5 game between the Wings and the Canucks, and it was awesome.

Any video of that bud? I'd love to see it

On the topic of the wings being covered... we have to think of it from the franchises point of view. HBO would have no success following a team like the wings. Besides the local attention and numerous fans around the nation I wouldn't see the ratings being outstanding for any company besides FSN D. The only way possible is two things: we would need another winter classic with wings vs. hawks, hawks would buy the attention of mindless idiots who just started watching hockey precisely two years ago(their whole fanbase), or FSN Detroit makes a series own their own which most defiantly would probably benefit for them and their ratings, and we all know the pistons aren't helping them what so ever.

The Wings have one of the largest fan-bases in the NHL. Any Original 6 team would draw a substantial number of viewers. After all they comprise for something like 70+ percent of NHL revenue. Sad thing is they would never follow a Canadian team because they only want to market America. I would really like to see a Montreal or Detroit one.