• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Avalanche 5

Rate this topic

3-0 Howie recites Osgood's number. God I miss the good ole days when this was a guaranteed fight night matchup.

Fixed it for ya!

Go Wings!!!!!!!

I know it's the end of a loooooooong road trip, but maybe they'll have just enough in this young group to pull it off.

Couldn't they go out and find Lemieux, drag him in there and beat the s*** out of him again? Just for old times' sake?

And yes, indeedy, I am unreasonably venting. Hasn't been a real good week around here. :P

And it's only Monday! :o

:P

We'd have to drag Mac along, too, to beat his head in, but that would be good fun. Perhaps we can get Mac to beat the living daylights out of Kostopukelos, too. <_<

Wings will want to roll home with a victory. I feel it. Wings 4, Avs less than 1.

Go, Wings!!

Stop the presses but.... I was accepted into the streams!!!!! Thanks drum you are the man!!! thumbup.gif

Congratulations! I've asked a few times. However since I do not get on here much, I have yet to be approved. Atleast I can find other feeds. When they work... :(

BTW. I just wanna say... Howard played great the other day. Why can't he play like that all the time. Lets smash some Avs tonight.

When I went into Hockeytown Authentics over christmas vacation they had 2 maroon "Avalanche Hockey" hats in back on a clearance rack. not sure what thats about, maybe they think people will buy them to do evil things to them.

Edited by seattlewingsfan

We'd have to drag Mac along, too, to beat his head in, but that would be good fun. Perhaps we can get Mac to beat the living daylights out of Kostopukelos, too. <_<

Wings will want to roll home with a victory. I feel it. Wings 4, Avs less than 1.

Go, Wings!!

:lol: How true! What is about "challenging" times that makes it seem at least three weeks long. Ecccshhuuualllly, I AM counting three weeks of negatives, back-to-back-to-back. Could be worse, eh?!

Edited by Vladifan

Don't get me wrong, Im thrilled with the way things are going through all the injuries we have but is it just me or does anyone else feel like they'd rather see the top 6 look like:

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Eaves

Hudler - Franzen - Bertuzzi

I think that would balance out the lines so much more. Plus we know the chemistry Bertuzzi and Franzen have. Eaves speed helps Holsmtrom out. I don't know. It's been working fine the way it is - just a thought

I think that would help to even the lines out more, but I wouldn't mind seeing Helm next to Z as well with him doing great lately.

Go, Wings!!

Will they score after splitting the puck in two with only one half going in (as discussed in the video of that earlier this week)? :hehe:

Everything I have come to witness, everything I have come to understand, everything I have come to know, everything I have come to love,

of good and evil, of hockey, of Red Wings, started in early, cold January in 1997 with a game against the Avalanche, few weeks after

I've come to live in the United states from Europe.

While it was not the infamous bench-clearing brawl game that would come a bit later, it has stuck with me ever since. And it always will.

Without ever seeing a hockey game in my life, without knowing anything about the sport, without even knowing of the Red Wings existence,

I accidentally stumbled upon a game that would change my life.

The name, the colors, Scotty Bowman's look, it all left a monumental impression on a young, innocent kid. I was surprised that I was

mesmerized by something, at first glance so simple and effortless... the way they were passing the puck around. I questioned weather

it was the Red Wings or the game of hockey itself that had me spellbound.

I had my answer two days later, during which I tried to watch several other games, none featuring the magicians in red and white.

"Tried" is the right word, since it took an effort on my part to watch something that left me mostly pleasureless.

"So..., the Red Wings then, that's the answer," I thought to myself. "Yes, they play hockey too, but, it's Red Wings Hockey."

To this day, it's difficult for me to watch other teams, so I do not.

On the other hand, with the Red Wings, it's always the same on gameday: a lot of anticipation, a lot of excitement, dash of fear.

When they score: instant dementia that leads to derangement and culminates in pure ecstasy.

Let's not talk about opponents and playoffs, I'll be banned, and I've only just registered.

I have been lurking around this forum for two years now. It's finally time to let my presence felt. Why now? I do not know.

Perhaps the final star has aligned itself in the form of our victory against the Vancouver Canucks. I am still buzzing from it.

That game made me go and buy Little Caesars pizza at 11 o'clock at night. I never had Little Caesars pizza before, and I have been

living here, happily now, for 14 years. I was not even hungry. What can you say about their $5 Hot-n-Ready!?

It's hot. It's ready. 'Nuff said.

I hope you won't hold it against me, my lengthy introduction and such.

Do not despair. The game is drawing near, and I am out of ale. I must make haste.

The only question now is: India Pale or Belgian white?

Catch you on the flip side.

Edited by Crveni

Couldn't they go out and find Lemieux, drag him in there and beat the s*** out of him again? Just for old times' sake?

And yes, indeedy, I am unreasonably venting. Hasn't been a real good week around here. :P

I think if Claude Lemieux ever finds himself short of cash, he should set himself up somewhere in Metro Detroit with a booth where people can pay to punch him in the face. He'd make a fortune in short order.

Also, Crveni, that was a wonderful introduction. thumbup.gif

Edited by Jenny