• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Avalanche 5

Rate this topic

I don't care what anyone says, I won't believe for a second that it's been smart to put so much pressure on Howard both mentally and physically. I've been complaining about it since it started and I called this happening. I'm no genius, it's really pretty damn simple to figure out. Goalies take a lot of time to develop and Howard's development went slower than most already in the AHL, but the NHL is a different game. It was absolutely insane to play him night in night out last year and then kick into the same habits this year after he clearly struggled in the playoffs.

WE KNOW JIMMY HOWARD HAS THE SKILL TO BE AN EXCELLENT GOALIE!!!!!!!

What's going to make that a moot point real fast? His head.

Say what you want, but they've done nothing but set Howard up for failure early on in his career. No way I'm going to buy that this guy isn't capable of being better. His head is a mess. You can see it in his eyes; it's anger, frustration and more than anything, fear.

He never should have been put into this position this early on. It was a stupid, absolutely idiotic coaching decision. Fans didn't have any patience and Babcock didn't have any patience; no foresight. Now the team is paying for it and more than anyone, Howard is paying for it...and it was never fair to him.

Time to regroup. They've come back from down by two after the first often enough. The Avs may come out and try to sit on the lead which would play right into the Wing's hands. Macdonald seems to have something to prove.

Twice Detroit defensemen stepped up to make a hit and twice the puck is in their own net thanks to an odd-man rush. That play that led to Raf's hook, the two forwards got behind BOTH of the d-men. I mean, come on. Speed is one thing but that's inexcusable.

awww poor baby,you sound upset :lol:

*sigh*

II. Basic Forum DOs & DON'Ts

· DO post constructively. If you can't add anything meaningful to a discussion, don't bother.

This goes for everyone, BTW. Let's talk more about the game at hand, and less about each other's posting styles, please.

I don't care what anyone says, I won't believe for a second that it's been smart to put so much pressure on Howard both mentally and physically. I've been complaining about it since it started and I called this happening. I'm no genius, it's really pretty damn simple to figure out. Goalies take a lot of time to develop and Howard's development went slower than most already in the AHL, but the NHL is a different game. It was absolutely insane to play him night in night out last year and then kick into the same habits this year after he clearly struggled in the playoffs.

WE KNOW JIMMY HOWARD HAS THE SKILL TO BE AN EXCELLENT GOALIE!!!!!!!

What's going to make that a moot point real fast? His head.

Say what you want, but they've done nothing but set Howard up for failure early on in his career. No way I'm going to buy that this guy isn't capable of being better. His head is a mess. You can see it in his eyes; it's anger, frustration and more than anything, fear.

He never should have been put into this position this early on. It was a stupid, absolutely idiotic coaching decision. Fans didn't have any patience and Babcock didn't have any patience; no foresight. Now the team is paying for it and more than anyone, Howard is paying for it...and it was never fair to him.

Do you have a panic button you're pressing?