• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Avalanche 5

Rate this topic

Nah, I don't think you are bashing. Hence the smiley. But like I said in the other post (ninja edit), Zetterberg got absolutely owned by Deuchene along the boards and that lead directly to a goal. s*** happens.

As far as face-offs go, Babcock needs to lock half a dozen guys inside of a practice arena and turn the lights out Miracle style and make them do face-offs until they cry.

"WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR?"

"WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR?"

Or better yet, have half the team chant:

"WHAT TIME DO WE START?"

And the other half chant back:

"AT FIRST PUCK DROP!"

I think the team is going to struggle until the All Star break but pull out more wins than they did last year with this many injuries. They need to all get their confidence back. Look at the beginning of the year when they came in and played solid defense, 60 minutes a game, and with spirit mostly every night. I think a lot of that came from knowing and believing they were a skilled, deep team. They just got to get that back--stop thinking so much or trying to make the cute play and play simple hockey. It'll come back to them eventually.

I see your memory does not extend to the game (two nights before that against Calgary) in which he scored two goals against Edmonton.

How did his goals in Calgary help us last night. Not that I'm blaming him, but one good game doesn't redeem a player of crappy play for 20.

Edited by Z and D for the C

How did his goals in Calgary help us last night. Not that I'm blaming him, but one good game doesn't redeem a player of crappy play for 20.

You are being a little silly, he has not played 20 crappy games. Now, if you were talking about Hudler, then you would be correct.

Everything I have come to witness, everything I have come to understand, everything I have come to know, everything I have come to love,

of good and evil, of hockey, of Red Wings, started in early, cold January in 1997 with a game against the Avalanche, few weeks after

I've come to live in the United states from Europe.

While it was not the infamous bench-clearing brawl game that would come a bit later, it has stuck with me ever since. And it always will.

Without ever seeing a hockey game in my life, without knowing anything about the sport, without even knowing of the Red Wings existence,

I accidentally stumbled upon a game that would change my life.

The name, the colors, Scotty Bowman's look, it all left a monumental impression on a young, innocent kid. I was surprised that I was

mesmerized by something, at first glance so simple and effortless... the way they were passing the puck around. I questioned weather

it was the Red Wings or the game of hockey itself that had me spellbound.

I had my answer two days later, during which I tried to watch several other games, none featuring the magicians in red and white.

"Tried" is the right word, since it took an effort on my part to watch something that left me mostly pleasureless.

"So..., the Red Wings then, that's the answer," I thought to myself. "Yes, they play hockey too, but, it's Red Wings Hockey."

To this day, it's difficult for me to watch other teams, so I do not.

On the other hand, with the Red Wings, it's always the same on gameday: a lot of anticipation, a lot of excitement, dash of fear.

When they score: instant dementia that leads to derangement and culminates in pure ecstasy.

Let's not talk about opponents and playoffs, I'll be banned, and I've only just registered.

I have been lurking around this forum for two years now. It's finally time to let my presence felt. Why now? I do not know.

Perhaps the final star has aligned itself in the form of our victory against the Vancouver Canucks. I am still buzzing from it.

That game made me go and buy Little Caesars pizza at 11 o'clock at night. I never had Little Caesars pizza before, and I have been

living here, happily now, for 14 years. I was not even hungry. What can you say about their $5 Hot-n-Ready!?

It's hot. It's ready. 'Nuff said.

I hope you won't hold it against me, my lengthy introduction and such.

Do not despair. The game is drawing near, and I am out of ale. I must make haste.

The only question now is: India Pale or Belgian white?

Catch you on the flip side.

Welcome! You're already a breath of fresh air! :)

Guest Stolberg

ericsson had an awesome game

i like when he scored on jimmy and when he stood up someone/pinched when nobody was covering for him

I don't understand this whole mentality. The Wings didn't lose to San Jose, the series was stolen from them by refs. We beat San Jose in that series way worse than they ever beat the Wings, and almost all of San Jose's goals came off of powerplays (including several 5 on 3s) from terribly weak penalty calls. Worst reffing I've ever seen and yet people still act like the Wings turned in a 2006 style performance.

Game 3 against San Jose. Wings down 2 games to none at home and are up by 1 goal in the game. Last minute or 2 of the game and Howard lets in a softie. Wings lose in OT when Lids breaks his stick.

If you remember, the Wings dominated game 4. If Howard doesn't let in that softie it's probably 2-2 in games. He did and the Sharkies go up 3-0. Season over.

Howard was not great in the playoffs. You are right the refs killed us but Howard wasn't great.

Eventually, just like last year, these injuries will result in some kind of skid.

The defense and goaltending have been poor all season, and it's hard to outscore teams every game when you have so many important players out.

As far as I know, it'll still be a few weeks before either Datsyuk or Cleary can play, while Modano and Stuart will be out even longer. And that's supposing no one else gets hurt until then, which at this point is a laugh.

I'll be very impressed if this team is still atop the Conference a month from now.

Half empty huh?

The Wings defense is ranked in the middle of the league. I guess that's "poor" by our standards but teams like Colorado would love to have our defensive stats.

Half empty huh?

The Wings defense is ranked in the middle of the league. I guess that's "poor" by our standards but teams like Colorado would love to have our defensive stats.

We have more talent on paper defensively than any team in the league. We should be a lot better than average in the NHL.

If you don't think the defense has been sub-par, then you're an even bigger blind homer than everyone here thinks you are. Has nothing to do with half empty or full. Has to do with honesty and not being biased.

The defense has not cut it this season.

I was just thinking on my way home that Colorado would be a huge pain in the ass if the Wings were to face them in the first round. Or any round for that matter.

At the same time, perhaps an opponent like them would be a good challenge for the Red Wings. It could toughen them up mentally. That is, if they respond and win the series.

Guest Crymson

I was just thinking on my way home that Colorado would be a huge pain in the ass if the Wings were to face them in the first round. Or any round for that matter.

At the same time, perhaps an opponent like them would be a good challenge for the Red Wings. It could toughen them up mentally. That is, if they respond and win the series.

Last night, the Avs barely beat a Red Wings team that was missing several key starters, was playing at altitude, was exhausted from playing four road games in six nights, and was playing a totally exhausted goalie (and was unable to play the second-string, as he was injured). The Avs were basically dominated by this team for the latter half of the game. I found it rather sad.

Had Datsyuk, Cleary and Stuart been in, with Osgood (or a rested Howard) in net, then the Wings would have absolutely run away with that game, even if the Avs` injured starters were in the lineup.

Game 3 against San Jose. Wings down 2 games to none at home and are up by 1 goal in the game. Last minute or 2 of the game and Howard lets in a softie. Wings lose in OT when Lids breaks his stick.

If you remember, the Wings dominated game 4. If Howard doesn't let in that softie it's probably 2-2 in games. He did and the Sharkies go up 3-0. Season over.

Howard was not great in the playoffs. You are right the refs killed us but Howard wasn't great.

One soft goal shouldn't have sunk the series for them. If you recall, Howard played brilliantly in many games that playoff year.

Then again, the fact that you don't remember what led to that overtime goal is demonstrative of your memory of those series.

He hasn't been playing poorly, and--as has been said--he still has more points than your boy.

Half empty huh?

GMR will always find time to predict subpar results. I suspect he's terrified of disappointment.

Had Datsyuk, Cleary and Stuart been in, with Osgood (or a rested Howard) in net, then the Wings would have absolutely run away with that game, even if the Avs` injured starters were in the lineup.

See, we like to think like that a lot on here. I think the reality of the situation is that if Datsyuk were in, then Z doesn't feel as much pressure and thus can relax a little more. Same goes for whoever is stepping up for Cleary and Stuart. It just seems like as a team, that's just how they work.

i'd love it if the Wings faced them in the playoffs

Franzen could use some more goals to pad his playoff stats ;)

See, we like to think like that a lot on here. I think the reality of the situation is that if Datsyuk were in, then Z doesn't feel as much pressure and thus can relax a little more. Same goes for whoever is stepping up for Cleary and Stuart. It just seems like as a team, that's just how they work.

I like to think you think that I didn't think as much as you thought I once thought you did once.

The Red Wings have a secret weapon to use to make the Avalanche go away.

doc4d19734adaabd170717109.jpg