• Please log in to reply
568 replies to this topic

#21 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Very excited for the game tonight. 3rd row from the glass in the Wings Attack Zone. Should be awesome!! This will be the closest that I have ever sat for a pro game. Go Wings!!

didnt you used to sit on the bench?

/sarcasm

#22 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

Stop the presses but.... I was accepted into the streams!!!!! Thanks drum you are the man!!! Posted Image

:lol: :cool:

Ah if only the rivalry was still going on. Games against the Avs back then were very highly anticipated, the excitement was like that of the playoffs. These days they seems a little more ho-hum

Edited by drumnj, 10 January 2011 - 03:40 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#23 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

3-0 Howie is a new man. God I miss the good ole days when this was a guaranteed fight night matchup.

Edited by legaleaglewingsfan, 10 January 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#24 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

Interesting lineups, can't wait to see them play.

LGW!
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

3-0 Howie shuts em out. God I miss the good ole days when this was a guaranteed fight night matchup.

That's a no-no.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

3-0 Howie recites Osgood's number. God I miss the good ole days when this was a guaranteed fight night matchup.

Fixed it for ya!

Go Wings!!!!!!!

I know it's the end of a loooooooong road trip, but maybe they'll have just enough in this young group to pull it off.

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Fil might play? I approve.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hopefully we can keep this win streak going.

LGW!
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Couldn't they go out and find Lemieux, drag him in there and beat the s*** out of him again? Just for old times' sake?

And yes, indeedy, I am unreasonably venting. Hasn't been a real good week around here. :P

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

last time we played the Avs it just a bunch of in front of the net goals and deflections, hopefully they clear the front of the net this time.

Edited by darkmanx, 10 January 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#31 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,458 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Couldn't they go out and find Lemieux, drag him in there and beat the s*** out of him again? Just for old times' sake?

And yes, indeedy, I am unreasonably venting. Hasn't been a real good week around here. :P

And it's only Monday! :o

:P

We'd have to drag Mac along, too, to beat his head in, but that would be good fun. Perhaps we can get Mac to beat the living daylights out of Kostopukelos, too. <_<

Wings will want to roll home with a victory. I feel it. Wings 4, Avs less than 1.

Go, Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

Would love to see Flip make it back into the lineup tonight, but not at the expense of aggravating his groin again.

3-1 Wings, Bertuzzi getting TWO! Yeah, how about that?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#33 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

4-2

Mule x2, Nick, and Hank

Victory!!!!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#34 seattlewingsfan

seattlewingsfan

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Stop the presses but.... I was accepted into the streams!!!!! Thanks drum you are the man!!! Posted Image

Congratulations! I've asked a few times. However since I do not get on here much, I have yet to be approved. Atleast I can find other feeds. When they work... :(

BTW. I just wanna say... Howard played great the other day. Why can't he play like that all the time. Lets smash some Avs tonight.

When I went into Hockeytown Authentics over christmas vacation they had 2 maroon "Avalanche Hockey" hats in back on a clearance rack. not sure what thats about, maybe they think people will buy them to do evil things to them.

Edited by seattlewingsfan, 10 January 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#35 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

we finally play someone with as many injuries as us!

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

i wanted to see some i. flip before everyone gets healthy. hopefully he gets a chance sometime.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

We'd have to drag Mac along, too, to beat his head in, but that would be good fun. Perhaps we can get Mac to beat the living daylights out of Kostopukelos, too. <_<

Wings will want to roll home with a victory. I feel it. Wings 4, Avs less than 1.

Go, Wings!!

:lol: How true! What is about "challenging" times that makes it seem at least three weeks long. Ecccshhuuualllly, I AM counting three weeks of negatives, back-to-back-to-back. Could be worse, eh?!

Edited by Vladifan, 10 January 2011 - 06:39 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#38 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Don't get me wrong, Im thrilled with the way things are going through all the injuries we have but is it just me or does anyone else feel like they'd rather see the top 6 look like:

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Eaves
Hudler - Franzen - Bertuzzi

I think that would balance out the lines so much more. Plus we know the chemistry Bertuzzi and Franzen have. Eaves speed helps Holsmtrom out. I don't know. It's been working fine the way it is - just a thought

I think that would help to even the lines out more, but I wouldn't mind seeing Helm next to Z as well with him doing great lately.

Go, Wings!!

Will they score after splitting the puck in two with only one half going in (as discussed in the video of that earlier this week)? :hehe:

#39 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

long injury list for both teams. I'm gonna predict Hudler gets a goal tonight.

#40 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Everything I have come to witness, everything I have come to understand, everything I have come to know, everything I have come to love,
of good and evil, of hockey, of Red Wings, started in early, cold January in 1997 with a game against the Avalanche, few weeks after
I've come to live in the United states from Europe.

While it was not the infamous bench-clearing brawl game that would come a bit later, it has stuck with me ever since. And it always will.
Without ever seeing a hockey game in my life, without knowing anything about the sport, without even knowing of the Red Wings existence,
I accidentally stumbled upon a game that would change my life.

The name, the colors, Scotty Bowman's look, it all left a monumental impression on a young, innocent kid. I was surprised that I was
mesmerized by something, at first glance so simple and effortless... the way they were passing the puck around. I questioned weather
it was the Red Wings or the game of hockey itself that had me spellbound.

I had my answer two days later, during which I tried to watch several other games, none featuring the magicians in red and white.
"Tried" is the right word, since it took an effort on my part to watch something that left me mostly pleasureless.
"So..., the Red Wings then, that's the answer," I thought to myself. "Yes, they play hockey too, but, it's Red Wings Hockey."
To this day, it's difficult for me to watch other teams, so I do not.

On the other hand, with the Red Wings, it's always the same on gameday: a lot of anticipation, a lot of excitement, dash of fear.
When they score: instant dementia that leads to derangement and culminates in pure ecstasy.
Let's not talk about opponents and playoffs, I'll be banned, and I've only just registered.

I have been lurking around this forum for two years now. It's finally time to let my presence felt. Why now? I do not know.
Perhaps the final star has aligned itself in the form of our victory against the Vancouver Canucks. I am still buzzing from it.
That game made me go and buy Little Caesars pizza at 11 o'clock at night. I never had Little Caesars pizza before, and I have been
living here, happily now, for 14 years. I was not even hungry. What can you say about their $5 Hot-n-Ready!?
It's hot. It's ready. 'Nuff said.

I hope you won't hold it against me, my lengthy introduction and such.
Do not despair. The game is drawing near, and I am out of ale. I must make haste.

The only question now is: India Pale or Belgian white?

Catch you on the flip side.

Edited by Crveni, 10 January 2011 - 11:25 PM.