• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pager

Osgood Out 6-8 Weeks

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Figured this would be the case when the news first broke. Hopefully it will be 6 weeks and not 8. Good thing Jimmy is young because he is going to be worked hard.

I hope Babs uses this opportunity for MacDonald to get a few starts in there as well to be able to spell Jimmy a breather

He will have to.

MacDonald played pretty well for the Islanders, when he was in the NHL, so I think he will be fine.

Edited by CenterIce

uhm I would say we need to trade for a veteran back up. 8 weeks is about 30 games which brings us way too close to the playoffs. what if Jimmy gets injured or just plain sucks.

osgood cannot come back with 10 games left after that type of surgery and be expected to do anything.

uhm I would say we need to trade for a veteran back up. 8 weeks is about 30 games which brings us way too close to the playoffs. what if Jimmy gets injured or just plain sucks.

osgood cannot come back with 10 games left after that type of surgery and be expected to do anything.

From today, 24 games. 15 on the road. 4 back to back sets. February/early March is pretty rough. Stretch of 7 games in 12 days, then 3 days off followed by 10 games in 17 days.

I don't know who's available or at what price, but with Stuart and Ozzie out, we really risk overworking some key players. Hopefully, McDonald does better than I fear and we don't have to worry.

This really sucks, especially if this is Ozzie's last season.

During the post game interview, Babs said he was going to maintain the same rotation schedule, with Joey playing anytime Ozzie was scheduled to start.

Without two of the Detroit's top scorers I really don't think the Wing's will be able to overcome McDonald's horrid play.

Well, out of something bad, something good usually comes. Jimmy now has to prove his mettle (and I believe he will). I am OK with Joey Mac as back up. He will get about the same number of games Ozzie probably would have.

We need Jimmy of the Canucks game to show up every game. :P I am kidding. I don't expect him to win alone or steal games. When we get everyone else back, it will be just fine.

In the meanwhile, play hard, Wings... the league is going to be stalking you like a wounded wildebeest surrounded by a pack of hyenas. Surprise them (and me) and show them how determined you are. :thumbup:

Babs said he was going to maintain the same rotation schedule, with Joey playing anytime Ozzie was scheduled to start.

So he'll only play when he's about to hit 400 career wins or when Lidstrom tells Babs to play him?

:hehe:

Win a game, lose a player. The streak...continues.

I was thinking about this happening this morning.

A 38 year old goaltender who has suffered multiple(?) groin tear(s?) over his career...getting injured again when he's very close to the end of his hockey career.

Does anyone think that the odds of him recovering are low? (Considering most goalies retire <= age 38 [Proof] (And what I mean is that he never plays in the NHL again.)

I do.

I hope I'm wrong.