• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evanbartlett

2011 All-Star Rosters Game rosters named

Rate this topic

Im not opposed to our players getting extra rest but for the life of me I cant understand how Zetterberg doesnt get named to the roster. That's a joke. Elias gets named with a stat line of GP 41 G 9 A 21 P 30 +/- -11 and Zetterberg gets passed over with GP 43G 16A 33 P 49+/- 9.

Each team isnt represented either I dont think. I didnt notice a Coyote until you get to the rookies (Ekman-Larsson)

I'm dumbfounded as to how Carey Price made it over Jimmy Howard.

Jonas Hiller is the only WC goaltender. That's just weird

Also, WC represents 1 of possible 6 goalies, 5 of possible 12 defensemen, and 15 of possible 26 forwards. Total of 21 out of a possible 42 players. Right on 50%

Edited by mmamolo

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=66980&navid=DL|NHL|home

Looks like Nick will have to suffer through this joke. The rest of the guys get some rest. I'm befuddled as to how we didn't end up with a single forward on the roster, though.

Man i had high hopes this year with the new format, but man these "allstars" are a joke. Are these the teams? I didnt think they were selecting teams till later and i thought the draft would be televised. Did i miss it?

Let the guys rest... I hope Nick sits out, but with the potential of this being his last All-Star game, I understand him wanting to play.

Anyone going to Boycott the All Star Game like some did with the Winter Classic?

I'm dumbfounded as to how Carey Price made it over Jimmy Howard.

Same here. Eh, at least it's not like Brodeur made it in. That would be the height of ridiculousness.

Part of me is irked that our boys have clearly been snubbed, but the other part of me is happy they don't have to take part in this nonsense (with the exception of Nick, of course).

Gotta admit I would have been psyched to see Helm in the 'Fastest Skater' competition though. :P

Man i had high hopes this year with the new format, but man these "allstars" are a joke. Are these the teams? I didnt think they were selecting teams till later and i thought the draft would be televised. Did i miss it?

These are just the players that have been picked by the NHL. The actual team drafts are supposed to be televised.

Anyone going to Boycott the All Star Game like some did with the Winter Classic?

Not going to boycott. Just not watching. No sense in another Crosby slobber-fest.

I literally s*** myself when I noticed it wasn't the full Pittsburgh Penguins team. Maybe next year boys.

On a more serious note now, it's a good thing to not play in the All-star game. Most Wings don't even want to play in it, lets rewind to 2009 all-star game ay?

Lol what an absolute joke. Even all of the TV analysts and the players know what a complete joke this is. I have to assume this is the last year they format it like this.

Its simply embarrassing to even televise this event.

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't the format of voting supposted to signify who were the captains then captains choose teams? I swear this was the plan for this year... and fans were to vote in who was captain.

I will do what I have done for the last 3 or so years, watch the skills competitions and ignore the boring, pointless exhibition game

EDIT - Side note, I'd take zero all-stars and a big shiny piece of hardware at the end of the season, over a team full of "All-Stars" and an early playoff exit every year

Edited by stevkrause

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but wasn't the format of voting supposted to signify who were the captains then captains choose teams? I swear this was the plan for this year... and fans were to vote in who was captain.

No, captains are to be named by the players.

I would've loved to see Helm make it just to see him compete in the Super Skills.

Nope. Voting just picked six "starters"...that aren't even necessarily starters. Then the league picks the remaining players. Then the pool of players, combined from votes and NHL picks, votes on who the two captains are.

I'm assuming it will be Crosby captaining both teams.

What I'd really like to see is a conspiracy among all the players to not pick Ovechkin and Crosby until the very end. :lol:

Who are the Captains going to be?

Also: No Zetterberg or Howard!?!? That's embarrassing.

If Howard makes the ASG, then I'll stop watching hockey. He doesn't even remotely deserve to be in this game.

As for Zetterberg, he should have made it, but his destiny is to not play in this game. Hasn't he been named to several All Star Games, but had to sit out due to injury?

How can it be an All star game when you pass on the stars in order to have all the teams represented?

If the NHL is going to pick these players, and the fans are going to pick players, it only makes sense for the writers to pick players to round it out.

Honestly, Zetter and Ralfalski belong as do several players that are left out. I guess if you wanted to make the All star game relevant through this school yard ploy, you should make it true by bringing in the best. Why not just let all the players in the league get picked?