• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evanbartlett

2011 All-Star Rosters Game rosters named

Rate this topic

OK, I am easily amused. I literally was laughing out loud, tears in my eyes over these mugs.

WTH is the deal with that hairdo on Matt Duchene? Was the photographer visually impaired? Say something, don't just click the shutter. Kessler's rather hair-impaired as well.

Which Sedin Twin is uglier? Oh, right, both of them.

Phil Kessel looks like a felon. Actually, several of them do. :D

Nick looks handsome, as usual.

I fall into the camp of not wanting any Wings to participate at all. Nick will, as Captain, be his usual self and represent us with class. If I thought non-hockey fans were actually going to watch this farce, I would worry that this roster is what they would see as representative of the star players in the NHL.

Of course, we know all cameras will be glued to Crosby, so it won't matter who else is there.

And apparently, Luongo was snubbed. According to this article, it doesn't seem like he requested an out:

http://communities.c...t-the-call.aspx

How exactly was Luongo snubbed?

Let's take a look and compare his stats (Wins, GAA, sv%, SO) to the five goalies who were selected, and see where Luongo should have come in.

Tim Thomas: 19-4-6, 1.77 GAA, .946 sv%, 6 SO

Jonas Hiller: 21-14-3, 2.39 GAA, .929 sv%, 4

Henrik Lundqvist: 18-3-3, 2.32 GAA, .924 sv%, 5 SO

Cam Ward: 18-11-5, 2.62 GAA, .923 sv%, 2 SO

Roberto Luongo: 20-8-4, 2.34 GAA, .922 sv%, 2 SO

Carey Price: 21-14-3, 2.31 GAA, .921 sv%, 4 SO

Luongo doesn't even compare to Thomas or Hiller statistically. So we can knock those two right off. Lundqvist has slightly better GAA and sv% numbers, and a lower win total but a better record. So Luongo doesn't beat him either. So we're down to Ward and Price. Luongo and Price have very similar numbers, except for the fact that Price has played more games for a weaker team, and has therefore lost more games. But Price is statistically better. So does Luongo beat Ward? Well, Luongo has more wins and a better record, as well as a lower GAA. Luongo also plays for a team with the best goal differential in the league, while Ward plays for a team with a negative differential.

Luongo over Ward is certainly a valid argument, but not a snub. Especially given that Pavelec, Rinne, and Vokoun are all more deserving than Luongo.

OK, I am easily amused. I literally was laughing out loud, tears in my eyes over these mugs.

WTH is the deal with that hairdo on Matt Duchene? Was the photographer visually impaired? Say something, don't just click the shutter. Kessler's rather hair-impaired as well.

Which Sedin Twin is uglier? Oh, right, both of them.

Phil Kessel looks like a felon. Actually, several of them do. :D

Nick looks handsome, as usual.

I fall into the camp of not wanting any Wings to participate at all. Nick will, as Captain, be his usual self and represent us with class. If I thought non-hockey fans were actually going to watch this farce, I would worry that this roster is what they would see as representative of the star players in the NHL.

Of course, we know all cameras will be glued to Crosby, so it won't matter who else is there.

Heh, you're so right - I didn't look at the pics before, but now...bwahaha! With Duchene and Kesler, maybe the photographer was thinking, "Quick, better snap a picture before they take off!" Hiller's not quite as bad as those two, but he still needs to brush his hair (so does Duncan Keith, but that goes without saying all the time). And what the heck happened to Perry? Dye his hair red and he could be a Sedin triplet. I mean, he always looks kinda funny (and is a member of the "I'm Secretly 12" club with Kane), but they sure didn't do him any favors here. My favorite is Mike Green's Dr. Evil eyebrow arch, though. Smile at the camera and say, "Death Star," Mike!

Edited by MulesWillFly93

How exactly was Luongo snubbed?

Let's take a look and compare his stats (Wins, GAA, sv%, SO) to the five goalies who were selected, and see where Luongo should have come in.

Tim Thomas: 19-4-6, 1.77 GAA, .946 sv%, 6 SO

Jonas Hiller: 21-14-3, 2.39 GAA, .929 sv%, 4

Henrik Lundqvist: 18-3-3, 2.32 GAA, .924 sv%, 5 SO

Cam Ward: 18-11-5, 2.62 GAA, .923 sv%, 2 SO

Roberto Luongo: 20-8-4, 2.34 GAA, .922 sv%, 2 SO

Carey Price: 21-14-3, 2.31 GAA, .921 sv%, 4 SO

Luongo doesn't even compare to Thomas or Hiller statistically. So we can knock those two right off. Lundqvist has slightly better GAA and sv% numbers, and a lower win total but a better record. So Luongo doesn't beat him either. So we're down to Ward and Price. Luongo and Price have very similar numbers, except for the fact that Price has played more games for a weaker team, and has therefore lost more games. But Price is statistically better. So does Luongo beat Ward? Well, Luongo has more wins and a better record, as well as a lower GAA. Luongo also plays for a team with the best goal differential in the league, while Ward plays for a team with a negative differential.

Luongo over Ward is certainly a valid argument, but not a snub. Especially given that Pavelec, Rinne, and Vokoun are all more deserving than Luongo.

I'd say Quick is the biggest goalie snub. But I'd take a lot of guys over Ward (and Fluery, but that's the fan's fault). Ward is a homer pick I'm guessing.

I'd put Quick, Pavelec, and Rinne in place of Ward, Lundqvist, and Price. Then lock those three plus Luongo in a cage with Fluery. Whoever does the most damage gets his spot.