13 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=549108

The players in the 2011 NHL® All-Star Game presented by Discover on Sunday, Jan. 30 at RBC Center in Raleigh, N.C. (4 p.m. ET, CBC, RDS, VERSUS, NHL Radio) will wear uniforms made using the latest design techniques and innovations in cresting, lettering and numbering to improve performance and mobility. Both team jerseys are available for purchase starting today at shop.NHL.com and at Carolina Hurricanes® team store locations in Raleigh.

One team will wear white jerseys, helmets and socks, with red trim throughout and red gloves and pants. The opposing team will wear dark blue jerseys with royal blue trim, navy blue helmets, gloves and pants and navy blue socks. The five primary colors in the uniforms – red, white, silver, royal blue and navy blue – correspond with colors found in most NHL team jerseys.

"The NHL and Reebok have designed an All-Star uniform with a very modern look and feel that highlights future innovations in performance materials," said NHL Executive Vice President of Marketing Brian Jennings. "The All-Star Weekend is the perfect platform to introduce exciting products for our fans."

The All-Star jerseys will feature Reebok's trademark Smoothfit numbering and lettering, created from a special process that will provide lighter, stretch-based performance and the ability to include a unique design on the back numbers. An advanced twill cresting also reduces the overall weight of the jersey.

"Reebok is excited to team up with the NHL to provide the All-Stars with innovative new uniforms for this new look All-Star Game," says Keith Leach, Director of Merchandising for Reebok Sports License Division. "This season is particularly unique with this year's jersey featuring Reebok Smoothfit trademark lettering and numbering, which will provide better movement and reduced weight for players."

Each jersey will feature a total of eight stars, including two on the front crest to represent the two participating teams in the All-Star Game. Player uniform numbers will appear on the back, sleeve and above the front crest for increased player identification. Each jersey will feature two shoulder patches – the player's home team logo and the All-Star Game logo

Icethetics has a little more discussion about them, and a couple of pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

I honestly half-expected to see the Pittsburgh logo on there, or at least the colors. Meh, not the best jerseys, pretty generic.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

there hasn't been a good all-star jersey since '04.

#4 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

I like the idea of going scaled back, but think they could have gone even a little further. I don't need the crap under the arms and on the sides. I always have liked the old ones best.

Will they all have numbers on the chest?

works every time

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

I like the old school orange and black jerseys from the late 80's and early 90's.

The ones used for the '97 ASG were cool also.

These jerseys are OK, so I can't really complain. Better than most NHL jerseys actually.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 12 January 2011 - 08:11 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

there hasn't been a good all-star jersey since '04.

those were nice.

Posted Image

I like the old school orange and black jerseys from the late 80's and early 90's.

it all depends on who is wearing them..

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Looks like the pj's my boys would wear to bed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#8 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

The game turns out to be garbage every year so this is right on par.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#9 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

I don't like the numbers above the crest.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#10 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

I like the jerseys but the numbers centred above the logo on the front look retarded.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#11 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

Why are there numbers on the front? :blink: That looks really dumb.

Otherwise, they're not too bad. I agree that the ones from 04 were the best in recent years, though.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#12 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

2 things i like ... the colors on both....the nhl crest in the middle ... the numbers, and the crap on the arms look dumb.

#13 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I like the idea of going scaled back, but think they could have gone even a little further. I don't need the crap under the arms and on the sides. I always have liked the old ones best.

Will they all have numbers on the chest?

I don't think the numbers will be on the chest, I think that's 11 for the year.

edit: Ok maybe not, I just looked again and see the 11 on the arms as well. That look bad, I don't like it.

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 13 January 2011 - 12:41 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#14 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

it's not that bad as I though it'd be.

and thanks god it's not some baby blue like "we all know which team has" :sly:

other than that... I couldn't actually care less about this event. the league needs this for
its marketing, fine, but please wake me up when it's over.