• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

2011 NHL All Star Jerseys unveiled

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=549108

The players in the 2011 NHL® All-Star Game presented by Discover on Sunday, Jan. 30 at RBC Center in Raleigh, N.C. (4 p.m. ET, CBC, RDS, VERSUS, NHL Radio) will wear uniforms made using the latest design techniques and innovations in cresting, lettering and numbering to improve performance and mobility. Both team jerseys are available for purchase starting today at shop.NHL.com and at Carolina Hurricanes® team store locations in Raleigh.

One team will wear white jerseys, helmets and socks, with red trim throughout and red gloves and pants. The opposing team will wear dark blue jerseys with royal blue trim, navy blue helmets, gloves and pants and navy blue socks. The five primary colors in the uniforms – red, white, silver, royal blue and navy blue – correspond with colors found in most NHL team jerseys.

"The NHL and Reebok have designed an All-Star uniform with a very modern look and feel that highlights future innovations in performance materials," said NHL Executive Vice President of Marketing Brian Jennings. "The All-Star Weekend is the perfect platform to introduce exciting products for our fans."

The All-Star jerseys will feature Reebok's trademark Smoothfit numbering and lettering, created from a special process that will provide lighter, stretch-based performance and the ability to include a unique design on the back numbers. An advanced twill cresting also reduces the overall weight of the jersey.

"Reebok is excited to team up with the NHL to provide the All-Stars with innovative new uniforms for this new look All-Star Game," says Keith Leach, Director of Merchandising for Reebok Sports License Division. "This season is particularly unique with this year's jersey featuring Reebok Smoothfit trademark lettering and numbering, which will provide better movement and reduced weight for players."

Each jersey will feature a total of eight stars, including two on the front crest to represent the two participating teams in the All-Star Game. Player uniform numbers will appear on the back, sleeve and above the front crest for increased player identification. Each jersey will feature two shoulder patches – the player's home team logo and the All-Star Game logo

Icethetics has a little more discussion about them, and a couple of pictures.

0111-asg-authentics.png

0111-asg-numbers.jpg

I like the old school orange and black jerseys from the late 80's and early 90's.

The ones used for the '97 ASG were cool also.

These jerseys are OK, so I can't really complain. Better than most NHL jerseys actually.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I like the idea of going scaled back, but think they could have gone even a little further. I don't need the crap under the arms and on the sides. I always have liked the old ones best.

Will they all have numbers on the chest?

I don't think the numbers will be on the chest, I think that's 11 for the year.

edit: Ok maybe not, I just looked again and see the 11 on the arms as well. That look bad, I don't like it.

Edited by WizardOfOz30

it's not that bad as I though it'd be.

and thanks god it's not some baby blue like "we all know which team has" :sly:

other than that... I couldn't actually care less about this event. the league needs this for

its marketing, fine, but please wake me up when it's over.