• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

I'm done with Spring Training baseball to be honest :lol: He always kills us anyway, nothing too new here.

April 8th beerchug.gif

Picked the fantasy team last night and was shocked that I got the 3rd overall pick and Albert somehow fell to me. thumbup.gif Winning!

Nice! Our league was picked based on personal rankings. I didn't get all the way through mine before the deadline, haha; but I was able to get VMart, Uggla, Posey, and a lot of really strong pieces. I got Werth, but that might bite me in the ass since he isn't used to being the main man.

I think it's apparent that the Tigers were, too.

I'll be in attendance on the 9th. Couldn't skip class or get my buddy to play hooky from work.

Looks like Jim is going with the real everyday lineup to start with. Here is your 2011 Detroit Tigers Opening Day lineup against the New York Yankees.

CF Austin Jackson

2B Will Rhymes

RF Magglio Ordoñez

1B Miguel Cabrera

DH Victor Martinez

LF Ryan Raburn

SS Jhonny Peralta

3B Brandon Inge

C Alex Avila

P Justin Verlander

1. CF Jackson

2. 2B Rhymes

3. DH Ordonez

4. 1B Cabrera

5. C Martinez

6. SS Peralta

7. RF Raburn

8. LF Boesch

9. 3B Inge

I was close!

It's raining in New York , and weather reports say it's only going to get worse as the day goes on. :(

BAH, figures. ESPN and their cursing selves trying to showcase the Yanks backfires.

Predictions

• CBS Sports says when Brandon Inge goes to bat, you should go to the bathroom. The nicest thing Larry Dobrow has to say about him is he's a "model citizen." The second-best thing is he's not a "drooly, inbred wackjob." No argument here.

laugh.gif The love this guy gets is deserved for how great of a guy he is. But wow, do we need to go in a different direction at the hot corner.

BAH, figures. ESPN and their cursing selves trying to showcase the Yanks backfires.

Predictions

laugh.gif The love this guy gets is deserved for how great of a guy he is. But wow, do we need to go in a different direction at the hot corner.

His defense is solid, though. Plus he's a great clubhouse guy and the closest thing we have left to a Granderson-type when it comes to representing the team well off the field and with local charities and whatnot.

Also, from the Tigers twitter:

@OFFICIAL_TIGERS Detroit Tigers

The tarp is off and the rain has stopped, at least for the moment. Hoping to get the season underway in less than an hour! #mlb

Well my hate for ESPN when it comes to the Tigers continues to grow. I live probably an hour and a half away from Detroit and the Tigers games are always blacked out. REALLY pisses me off.

That's on Major League Baseball. They are blackout-nazis. I looked into buying the MLB.TV package because I'm getting rid of cable, but every single Tigers game would be blacked out because I live 'in the market' - despite living over 2 hours from Comerica.

The Lions win against the Redskins that broke the streak was blacked out locally, too; but not in Grand Rapids - because we're on the other side of the state!

C'mon, MLB.

That's on Major League Baseball. They are blackout-nazis. I looked into buying the MLB.TV package because I'm getting rid of cable, but every single Tigers game would be blacked out because I live 'in the market' - despite living over 2 hours from Comerica.

The Lions win against the Redskins that broke the streak was blacked out locally, too; but not in Grand Rapids - because we're on the other side of the state!

C'mon, MLB.

Guess I will just watch the highlights on ESPN since I don't feel like sitting at my computer for 4+ hours watching a baseball game. Hockey isn't bad but baseball is boring for me to just sit and watch a whole game on TV.

Yeah, I am not sold on that guy being a starter. Kind of an ironic homer though considering the trade last year. dry.gif

I figured the Coke As a Starter experiment in the Yankees' minor league system would've been enough. I'm not confident in him starting, either.

Good game by JV except the Teixeira homer and our relief pitching blew the game.

Definitely did. Somewhat unfair to have Coke in this, "you're a starter.. except your a reliever" role. He put in a poor performance, though. As did Perry. Schlereth threw better than I expected.

This team should be able to hang in 6 run games, though. First day is out of the way, though. Now it's time to roll. 161-1.