• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HankthaTank

2011 MLB Season Thread

Rate this topic

This is insane. I thought for sure that we were gunna end the streak, but today and the last 2 penny starts before this, we won in spite of penny, not because of him. I guess it is a good thing to do to learn to fight out wins, but I don't think Jim will let penny touch the ball come october. Magic number down to 3 pending the indians game tonight, it could be 2 when we wake up in the morning.

Unreal win today. Penny was his usual self, but the guys battled back and kept the streak going. Nice game for Carlos and Avila just never stops. Gotta give some credit to Leyland too for using his bench in the 9th and 10th almost to perfection. The original starting line-up today was lackluster, but he pulled all the right strings late getting his better bats off the bench into the game. Huge at-bats by Raburn and Ordonez too that got overshadowed by Avila and Guillen's hits.

It appears the magic number will be two after tonight as the Rangers are destroying the Indians. The Tigers can clinch the AL Central tomorrow in Oakland with some help!!!

With a Tigers win and Indians loss tonight, the Tigers clinch the Central. If it doesn't happen tonight, I'm sure it'll become official Friday.

2011 AL Central Division Champions (almost) :yahoo:

Edited by Barrie

I hate the Tigers schedule especially the interleague portion. Why the hell do we need to play the Pirates twice and can we quit with the Rockies every freakin year? Only positives are the Cardinals coming to Comerica and the Tigers play at Wrigley.

Go Rangers (tonight) and hopefully we get good Max. Time to win the AL Central!

I hate the Tigers schedule especially the interleague portion. Why the hell do we need to play the Pirates twice and can we quit with the Rockies every freakin year? Only positives are the Cardinals coming to Comerica and the Tigers play at Wrigley.

Go Rangers (tonight) and hopefully we get good Max. Time to win the AL Central!

Yeah, it seems like the MLB is really trying to harvest that Pirates thing. It will be cool to have the Cardinals in town, and I'd like to make it to Wrigley.

Well tonight's probably the night. First division title since 1987! :w00t2:

Just for fun, the Baseball team I play on clinched a trip to the finals last night. I play LF and it was fun yelling and screaming running to the infield to join the team after the last hitter struck out. I hoping for the same for the Tigs tonight.

We haven't clinched YET, but I want Cleveland to win tonight, so a win for the Tigers would mean an on field celebration. Magic number is still at 1, and we all know what happened in '09, so I will celebrate when it is official.