• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#461 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:54 AM

The start of the game in Chicago was delayed for forty-five minutes, based on the weather forecast. During the delay, no rain fell.
Any chance that Guillen apologized to Avila for setting him up?

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 03 August 2011 - 08:00 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#462 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

Any chance that Guillen apologized to Avila for setting him up?

Haha, Alex said after the game that he knew he'd be getting thrown at. Sometimes that's the price you pay, I guess.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#463 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

Good win yesterday.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#464 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Good win yesterday.

Yeah. It sucks that it came down to a Boesch homer the way it did, but it's a great win in terms of them battling back - especially against a quality opponent like Texas.

I keep watching the replay of Boesch's homer. Awesome sight.

#465 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:10 AM

Fister looked solid. Nice to see Avila start to perk up a little bit. And with another Cleveland loss, the Tigers stretch their division lead to 4 games. Funny how winning games keeps that lead up, we should try to keep doing that.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#466 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

Fister looked solid. Nice to see Avila start to perk up a little bit. And with another Cleveland loss, the Tigers stretch their division lead to 4 games. Funny how winning games keeps that lead up, we should try to keep doing that.

I like that idea.

Fister looked strong, even if our defense kind of sucked behind him. How's about that Ryan Raburn? Proving that his bat can be effective if he isn't expected to swing it every day, I guess.

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Yankees and the Red Sox, but I am. Nice to see the Indians and White Sox take crushing losses last night. Hopefully they keep doing that.

#467 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Another good one.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#468 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

Penny on the mound against Ogando going for the sweep. Hopefully the Tigers can get to Ogando and give Penny 80 runs, otherwise I'm not very hopeful. Especially after what happened last time Penny and Martinez made up the battery.

Posted Image

I will boo Penny from my desk if he comes at VMart again.

#469 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

Penny on the mound against Ogando going for the sweep. Hopefully the Tigers can get to Ogando and give Penny 80 runs, otherwise I'm not very hopeful. Especially after what happened last time Penny and Martinez made up the battery.

Posted Image

I will boo Penny from my desk if he comes at VMart again.

+1

#470 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

I wish we had Norm Cash instead of Brad Penny... bad joke, I know, but Penny is spiraling downward with no end in sight. I think Turner earned another look with his start last week.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#471 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

I wish we had Norm Cash instead of Brad Penny... bad joke, I know, but Penny is spiraling downward with no end in sight. I think Turner earned another look with his start last week.

I know they don't want to rush Turner, but you might be right. Penny could at least use a skipped start - that's for sure.

#472 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#473 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

I really like the Fister trade, it gives us 4 very solid starting pitchers for the playoffs. We'll be tough to beat in October.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#474 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:30 AM

And that lead, slowly but surely, is getting larger.

I really like the Fister trade, it gives us 4 very solid starting pitchers for the playoffs. We'll be tough to beat in October.

If we keep playing aggressive, I agree. Well most likely be up against New York or Boston in the ALDS though. Not sure which one I'd rather face first. Probably Boston first, since I think a 7 game series against New York would be better for us in the ALCS than playing Boston in a 7 game series.

#475 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

If we keep playing aggressive, I agree. Well most likely be up against New York or Boston in the ALDS though. Not sure which one I'd rather face first. Probably Boston first, since I think a 7 game series against New York would be better for us in the ALCS than playing Boston in a 7 game series.

It's like pick your poison eh? I think I'd rather play the Yankees, Boston can hit a ton!

It's probably not good to be talking playoffs in early August, but the way the Indians, White Sux, and Twins are playing, it's probably a safe bet.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#476 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

It's like pick your poison eh? I think I'd rather play the Yankees, Boston can hit a ton!

It's probably not good to be talking playoffs in early August, but the way the Indians, White Sux, and Twins are playing, it's probably a safe bet.

Well we can never be too sure with our recent late season collapses. I feel more confident that this team will hold on though, considering the circumstances.

#477 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Solid outing by JV, Raburn effed up JV's numbers, but another solid effort. On the day that CC tanked, JV tied him in wins and is leading CC in IP, Ks, ERA, and WHIP.

Texas choked today and robbed us of a 5 game lead. Need to get a W tomorrow before the day off and then go to Cleveland to scalp some Indians. booyah

Posted Image

#478 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

Sports Illustrated.

#479 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

The Tigers have announced the extensions of the contracts of Dave Dombrowski (through 2015) and Jim Leyland (through 2012). Not at all surprised by the extension for Dombrowski, I didn't imagine he'd be going anywhere. Would've preferred to wait on Leyland until the off-season, though.

tigers.com

#480 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

Cutting payroll by fourteen percent should give anyone a contract extension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users