#41 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image

Great mug Miggy....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#42 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

yahoo article

Really well written article here. I agree on just about the entire thing. Miggy is one of a kind and we need him to get his life in order before he starts killing the ball again. If this guy does this throughout the season how much better could he be???

#43 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Cabrera will meet with doctors rather than Tigers

“He would love to be here,” Dombrowski said. “He wanted to come yesterday but it didn’t take long [to convince him]. He understands he needs to do what’s best for himself.”

I mean, we already know we want the man to be healthy enough. But we know why that is and unfortunately the fan in me wants him back so we can contend. This goes along with his health. So let's hope this process is somewhat quick.....

#44 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Tigers manager Jim Leyland was asked today if he sees Verlander, 28, reaching the 20-win plateau.
“Oh, yeah,” Leyland said, “(and) on a consistent basis.”

mlive

Let's hope so. Verlander-Scherzer-a hopefully resurgent Porcello-Penny could prove to be one of the better rotations in the division and potentially the AL.

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

If that was any of us, we'd probably be behind bars right now. The drinking scotch in front of the police was just the topper.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

If that was any of us, we'd probably be behind bars right now. The drinking scotch in front of the police was just the topper.

He posted bail. He'll be arraigned in March.

He's also at Tigers camp. He'll be addressing the media at 4:30 PM EST.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#47 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

Great mug Miggy....

That's just not even funny.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#48 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yahoo writer sticking it to the Tigers organization and I have got to say I see his point. We aren't taking the right steps here. Yes he is the franchise but the guy has had 2 excessive, highly publicized drunken evenings and one at a crucial point of the season back in 2009. I see his point and the Tigers need to do more:

Miguel Cabrera drank himself into a violent, abusive state in October 2009, and the Detroit Tigers responded by playing him hours after they picked him up from jail. Cabrera drank himself so silly a week ago he didn't bother to stop swigging from a bottle of scotch in front of the police, and the Tigers are responding by welcoming him to spring training like nothing happened.
At this rate, the next time Cabrera takes a drink the Tigers will give him a raise.

yahoo article

Edited by HankthaTank, 25 February 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#49 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

Yahoo writer sticking it to the Tigers organization and I have got to say I see his point. We aren't taking the right steps here. Yes he is the franchise but the guy has had 2 excessive, highly publicized drunken evenings and one at a crucial point of the season back in 2009. I see his point and the Tigers need to do more:

yahoo article

The Tigers and Major League Baseball are going to see him through a substance abuse program, probably similar to Josh Hamilton's most recent one. He will likely undergo counseling and treatment - and the Tigers organization has said that they are looking into the possibility of having a Hamilton-esque care taker with Cabby; of which Cabrera said he would do whatever it takes.

From Major League Baseball:

"Commissioner Selig is committed to dealing with issues related to the off-field conduct of players, including those involving the misuse of alcohol. In recent years, we have worked with the Major League Baseball Players Association ("MLBPA") to deal proactively with issues of this type.

"Consistent with our policy, over the past several days Miguel Cabrera has been evaluated by representatives of the Treatment Board jointly operated by the Commissioner's Office and the MLBPA. Our Treatment Board is staffed by outstanding doctors who are experts in dealing with addiction issues. Mr. Cabrera has voluntarily cooperated and has been completely forthcoming in this process.

"As a result of the evaluation, the Treatment Board has recommended a multifaceted, professionally-administered program for Mr. Cabrera, which will include supervision as is necessary to ensure that he adheres to his program. Mr. Cabrera understands the importance of this program and is fully committed to the program. He also understands that any future alcohol-related incidents could involve more serious consequences."

On a brighter note.. Here is today's Starting Line-Up for this afternoon's game against the Yankees:

01. CF Jackson
02. LF Raburn
03. RF Ordonez
04. DH Cabrera
05. 1B Martinez
06. SS Peralta
07. 3B Inge
08. 2B Sizemore
09. C Avila

Verlander will take the mound.

Anyone know where one might be able to catch this bad boy online?

#50 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

The Tigers and Major League Baseball are going to see him through a substance abuse program, probably similar to Josh Hamilton's most recent one. He will likely undergo counseling and treatment - and the Tigers organization has said that they are looking into the possibility of having a Hamilton-esque care taker with Cabby; of which Cabrera said he would do whatever it takes.

From Major League Baseball:

On a brighter note.. Here is today's Starting Line-Up for this afternoon's game against the Yankees:

01. CF Jackson
02. LF Raburn
03. RF Ordonez
04. DH Cabrera
05. 1B Martinez
06. SS Peralta
07. 3B Inge
08. 2B Sizemore
09. C Avila

Verlander will take the mound.

Anyone know where one might be able to catch this bad boy online?

Well I am all for whatever it takes as well. I want to see him come April 8th for the greatest outdoor downtown party there is. We need him and we need him clean. I believe this game is on ESPN as their first game of the season. Not too sure though.

#51 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

My bad, no TV for this one. Won't be on ESPN until the Detroit/Atlanta game on Thursday. Ahhhhh, I can feel the warmth in the bleachers at Comerica now Posted Image

#52 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

My bad, no TV for this one. Won't be on ESPN until the Detroit/Atlanta game on Thursday. Ahhhhh, I can feel the warmth in the bleachers at Comerica now Posted Image

Yeah, it's on ESPN3.com on Thursday, too.

A friend of mine gave me an MLB Gameday Audio password, so I can listen to it on the radio while in class.

#53 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

I like Raburn batting 2nd until Sizemore is ready.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#54 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

I like Raburn batting 2nd until Sizemore is ready.

Yeah, it's a little bit of a rock and a hard place for me. He's not the fastest guy in the world and his bat has power, but if he keeps his pace from last season he'll too good to bury in the 7 spot. If Sizemore can live up to this hype, I'll be thrilled - but I'm a skeptic. I'm all about Will Rhymes, though, that kid is all hustle.

ESPN's MLB page has Tigers all over it right now, Baseball Tonight was in Lakeland yesterday and there are lots of videos up. Including an interview with Leyland where he says Verlander and Scherzer are as good as any 1-2 punch in baseball. I don't know that I agree with him, but Leyland doesn't say things just for the sake of it.

#55 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

3-run double for Miggy and Turner retired 8 in a row after giving up 2 singles. The kid looks like a stud and another golden arm to add. Boy oh boy if we could have a Verlander-Scherzer-Ricky P-Turner rotation in the near future..... Possibly pencil Andy Oliver as our usual 1 lefty. Things are looking up Posted Image

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

:thumbup:

#57 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

If only the Tigers focused as hard on drafting position players as they do pitchers...

I'm quite stoked about Jacob Turner though. Oliver too if he learns how to control his secondary pitches. You don't get many lefties throwing 95 MPH. Everyone around Tigers camp seems pretty high on Andy Dirks in the OF. Plenty of competition to go around for reserve spots in the outfield with Boesch, Wells, Kelly, Dirks and Clete Thomas back. Good thing because we need some defensive replacements in the corners for Raburn and Maggs.

29 days and counting... :yahoo:

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

If only the Tigers focused as hard on drafting position players as they do pitchers...

29 days and counting... :yahoo:

Posted Image Too true. But as we saw last year with the 2 teams that made the Series...PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING

And honestly, Opening Day is my favorite thing to look forward to all year. That and the home opener for Michigan. Just an all day drink fest Posted Image

#59 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Raburn was a two-bagger away from the cycle yesterday. Tigers move to 5-0, while outscoring their opponents 23-6.

Great Spring thus far. I'm really excited to actually catch a game on Thursday. I love Dave, but radio isn't quite cutting it.

#60 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hope we get a chance to see Turner this year, realizing this will mean some sort injury to make it happen but it's a long season and no one ever goes through a season with the same 5 in the rotation. Not any kind of wishful thinking here just facts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users