The game will be available on ESPN3.com

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#62 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

^^^ I like. Switch out Clete for Raburn and that is one rock solid 1-9 squad there. I shall be tuned in today.

Oh, BTW Zumaya has tenderness in elbow...... Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#63 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

^^^ I like. Switch out Clete for Raburn and that is one rock solid 1-9 squad there. I shall be tuned in today.

Oh, BTW Zumaya has tenderness in elbow...... Posted Image

Not surprising. Dude is made of chewing gum and sticks. I was hoping his beard would protect him against injury.

I agree about Thomas for Raburn. If Boesch can return to early season form, that is a line up with a lot of pop. Here's hoping Brendan not only makes the team, but manages to hit the way he did until the All-Star Break. How great would it be to see him batting 6th or 7th again and pushing Inge's .2somthing average into the 9 spot? A lot better than GMoney's .004 BA from last year.

#64 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

03. DH Ordonez
04. 1B Cabrera
05. C Martinez
06. SS Peralta

That could possibly contend for the best 3-6 lineup in the bigs. Jhonny and V-Mart really can just fuel Miggy for a MVP type season. Protection is what he has lacked and he still has put up them #'s. Gets protection, we could see 45-50 HR's. Not trying to shoot for the moon but that is just facts.

#65 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Boesch just hit a bomb around 400+ feet. Swing looked great.

#66 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

I can't believe I typed 'Brendan' in my last post. I had to step away, but I saw the reply. What a bomb. More of those, please.

I totally agree that Cabby could easily flirt with 50 home runs if he has proper protection and is in the same condition he was in last year. He's looking a little chubbier than usual this spring, but he's been known to drop poundage throughout Spring Training. I can't wait until he goes yard for the first time. I'm going to lose it.

Great piece of hitting by Big Will.

#67 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Already excited about spending a few summer afternoons at Comerica.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#68 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Boesch just hit a bomb around 400+ feet. Swing looked great.

I love his swing. Dare I say it's Griffey-esque; it just looks so smooth.

Did anybody listen to the Ticket a couple days ago when they talked about Verlander possibly winning 20 games and being a consistent 20 game winner? I believe he'll do it this season and be consistent at it. His talent is unbelievable and at 28 or 29 now he's starting to get to that age range where the good pitchers finally put everything together.

#69 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:28 AM

I love his swing. Dare I say it's Griffey-esque; it just looks so smooth.

Did anybody listen to the Ticket a couple days ago when they talked about Verlander possibly winning 20 games and being a consistent 20 game winner? I believe he'll do it this season and be consistent at it. His talent is unbelievable and at 28 or 29 now he's starting to get to that age range where the good pitchers finally put everything together.

I don't listen to the Ticket (I'm not on the right side of the state for that) but that's a quote directly from Jim Leyland.

#70 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

I've never liked Inge... might be just me, though.

If Boesch can return to the rare form he displayed last season, we might have the most dangerous line-up in all of the MLB and most certainly the AL as it stands now.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#71 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

Rick Porcello yielded just one hit over three scoreless innings of work

Yeaaahhhh Ricky P. This kid is poised for a great season. Rotation and lineup are looking better than a lot of past seasons. I truly am getting more excited by the day. 25 days and counting!

#72 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

Yeaaahhhh Ricky P. This kid is poised for a great season. Rotation and lineup are looking better than a lot of past seasons. I truly am getting more excited by the day. 25 days and counting!

Yeah, here's hoping Rick can live up to his potential at this point. That'll be a solid 1-3. I'm still worried about Coke making the move to the rotation, but I think Penny could surprise a lot of people.

#73 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

I've never liked Inge... might be just me, though.

If Boesch can return to the rare form he displayed last season, we might have the most dangerous line-up in all of the MLB and most certainly the AL as it stands now.

Nope, I never have either. Was hoping we would be freed of 6000 strikeout man after last season.

I do think the Tigers have the potential to have a dangerous line-up but there are still quite a few question marks. However, the Red Sox blow everyone out of the water 1-9. That team is loaded and Gonzalez is going to go nuts hitting outside of Petco.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:58 AM

He'll win 20 this year.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#75 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

A little info on the possible next budding star for the Tigers, Jacob Turner.

Baseball America rated Turner as the top prospect in the organization and No. 21 overall in the game for a reason.

Detroit lost to Toronto 7-4 but the story of the game was the young pitcher with a mound presence that belies his age. How unusual is it for a prospect to have that sense of composure?"Very, very much so," Jones said. "You just come with it or you don't."

Turner, Detroit's first-round pick in 2009, said, "I've just always felt comfortable on the mound. And I came to spring training last year and watched how everyone did it up here, and it kept me relaxed. I learned from them."

mlive

“Joel Zumaya will not pick up a baseball until he is pain free,” said Rand. “There is soreness in his elbow and forearm, and with Joel Zumaya there is no timetable.”

Posted Image Anybody else think he's done with?

Edited by HankthaTank, 07 March 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#76 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Roster cut-down time is three weeks away, and Detroit Tigers manager Jim Leyland isn’t offering much on his thoughts along those lines. But he was asked if it was fair to say that it will come down to two spots for four outfielders: Brennan Boesch, Andy Dirks, Clete Thomas and Casper Wells.

“You know we’re got (Austin) Jackson, (Ryan) Raburn and Magglio (Ordonez) in the outfield,” Leyland said. “And you know you’ve got (Don) Kelly.”Kelly can play any position on the field, including catcher.

“Boesch, obviously, is a big-time candidate,” Leyland continued.

Boesch has edge to earn outfield spot

I instantly became a fan of this kid during his streak. He seems like the right kind of star for this town. Quiet, country kid who just goes about his business and hitting frozen ropes. Hopefully he can get it going for the 2011 campaign.

#77 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

According to the club, Andrews did not see any major structural damage and recommended Zumaya not throw for at least one more week. He emphasized treatment and strengthening exercises for Zumaya in the meantime.

mlive

Posted Image Good news here.

#78 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Zumaya hurt again? Shocking.

#79 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Detroit Tigers Links: Joel Zumaya won't throw for two weeks

• Following his visit with Dr. James Andrews, Joel Zumaya was told not to throw for at least a week. But the timetable may be a bit longer. Zumaya told MLB.com's Jason Beck that he won't be throwing for two weeks, during which he'll follow a strengthening program. That makes it all but official that Zumaya won't be ready for Opening Day.

Surprise surprise.

#80 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

One of the reasons we threw a ton of money at Benoit. Hopefully Joel takes his time and gets healthy.

Additionally, I really hope we see Boesch make the team - he's had a solid enough Spring and he's definitely one of my favorite youngsters, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users