• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

edicius

Ron Wilson violates salary cap rules

Rate this topic

If dont think its a big deal if he is paying them out of his own pocket. He is really acting out of self interest rather than that of the organization. If the team was trying to funnel money to the players through the coach by inflating his contract, that would be a different story.

It's like they went out of there way to get caught, very strange in my opinion. I hope the league fines them something absurd, because that was dumb. Then again at the end of the day and any story about Ron Wilson and the maple leafssleeping.gif.....

Edited by 13dangledangle

Stupid. Players reward the game-winner against their former clubs all the time. It's unfortunate that they didn't keep it quiet but nothing should be done about it.

Well players make their money under the cap, so giving money to each other doesn't increase their aggregate compensation. If a coach pays them, the total player compensation goes up. This is just anal, but the logic is consistent.

Well players make their money under the cap, so giving money to each other doesn't increase their aggregate compensation. If a coach pays them, the total player compensation goes up. This is just anal, but the logic is consistent.

Definitely. My issue isn't with your post. I just think it's silly that the media in Toronto is making a big deal out of it.

Kinda bogus, the coach is no different than a player, in that they are hired by the club to do a job and do not directly pay the player... Would it of been a violation if Osgood handed out $400 to the guys at the end of his big game? BUT! I agree they should of kept it in the club house.

Kinda bogus, the coach is no different than a player, in that they are hired by the club to do a job and do not directly pay the player... Would it of been a violation if Osgood handed out $400 to the guys at the end of his big game? BUT! I agree they should of kept it in the club house.

No. If I make 10 mil and you make 1 mil that's 11 mil (amazing, I know) . If I give you 1 mil for taking out my arch nemesis, You now have 2 mil and I have 9 mil, which add up to 11mil (My math is astounding!) You're still at 11 mil regardless. if the coach gives you a mil, now the total is 12 mil and it's cap circumvention.

No. If I make 10 mil and you make 1 mil that's 11 mil (amazing, I know) . If I give you 1 mil for taking out my arch nemesis, You now have 2 mil and I have 9 mil, which add up to 11mil (My math is astounding!) You're still at 11 mil regardless. if the coach gives you a mil, now the total is 12 mil and it's cap circumvention.

I guess it would of been no big deal if the coaches salary is included in the salary cap.

I guess it would of been no big deal if the coaches salary is included in the salary cap.

Agreed, it would not have been a big deal, but then you'd have to include general managers and scouts and trainers in that too. Which I hope not to see because we pay our scouts and upper management the extremely high relative to others.

Definitely. My issue isn't with your post. I just think it's silly that the media in Toronto is making a big deal out of it.

Exactly, everyone in the Toronto organization knows that the media is absolutely absurd there. So not to keep it out of there eye like everyone else is really dumb. Seriously most of us know players do this ALL the time...come on Toronto.

Edited by 13dangledangle

The Toronto press seems to be real Schadenfreuders when it comes to the Leafs. Ontario needs another team just so everyone can focus their negative energy on the other team.

:lol: The Leafs and Raptors probably want the Bills to move there just for that reason.

Yeah - was watching the game, and I saw that live on Rogers...Can't remember who it was, but a player handed Wilson a wad of $$$ as they were heading into the locker room just as the game had ended...Thought that was rather strange.

I think it was komisarek or Beauch. If Komi didn't hand it to Ron Wilson right away, the league wouldnt' have done anything about it. But since it was caught on Tv, the league had to do it. Stupid though.

Congrats to Ron Wilson though.