• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Mike Milbury is at it again

Rate this topic

Do they actually pay him for this sort of nonsensical spewage? <_<

This is from a guy whose most memorable moment as a player or as a coach was to jump in the stands and beat a guy with his own shoe. Without a doubt Milbury is a caveman and a ******, but I don't think he is dumb. He knows being a caveman and a ****** gets people going and are his most marketable traits. If he stops being a caveman, JR is waiting in the wings to pick up the ****** mantle. If he stops being both, there are a million has-beens ready for his job.

Milbury is a joke guys. He's widely considered the most hilariously terrible GM of recent history and as a player he beat a man with his shoe. How many times have we laughed at the Yashin for Chara+someguy+1st(Spezza)? Check out the list of retarded moves Milbury made in Long Island during his career as a franchies-raper:

Recovering From Mike Mulbury: Is Five Years Long Enough?

Milbury was a terrible gm, but he is a great analyst, he isn't politically correct, yet he isn't senile like cherry, he says things like they are, and occasionally goes over the line if it is a team he hates (philly, nyr, detroit) Eric Francis, now that guy is a piece of s*** who has the IQ of a monkey and doesn't belong on tv

Edited by jollymania

Can't wait until NBC does games again so I can put the mute on for that channel's intermissions, too.

It still baffles me that the NHL has a deal with NBC and is entirely okay with them not showing games until late January (not counting the WC).

How's that Luongo trade looking, Mike?

I wonder how much better the Islanders would be with Luongo, Chara, Spezza and Bertuzzi... Man, that Milbury guy is one of the great hockey minds of his generation. Getting beaten in the skull for years makes you smarter, right?

Guest Stolberg

Can't wait until NBC does games again so I can watch Milbury get flustered when one of the other people in studio brings up the Islanders in an argument.

Milbury was a terrible gm, but he is a great analyst, he isn't politically correct, yet he isn't senile like cherry, he says things like they are, and occasionally goes over the line if it is a team he hates (philly, nyr, detroit) Eric Francis, now that guy is a piece of s*** who has the IQ of a monkey and doesn't belong on tv

That's pretty charitable. His obvious hatred for certain teams and distain for anyone who disagrees with him kind of hurt his credibility as an analyst. Sometimes he looks like he's going to jump the guy on the other side of the table just for disagreeing with him.

Agreed - although I still get a kick outta Grapes, and just like Milbury he has some valid points/insight.

With Grapes, you just wanna kinda nod your head and think "aww, you poor old, senile bastard" and then pat him gently on the shoulder.

did anybody else find it odd they used that language on a national news website?

and yes, milbury is a choad.

He also said "Christ" as an exclamatory on NESN. Where the hell's the leash? Or at least a muzzle?

...When he calls the Wings a bunch of "goody two-shoes"? That's the trooth?

I think not. <_<

He's such an idiot. I don't say that lightly either, because I'm one of those that feels unless you truly know someone, you shouldn't judge their circumstances. But after listening to him makes these kinds of comments over and over and over... I just can't do it anymore. I don't know what game he watches, but it isn't NHL hockey.

This line of thinking is why he wasn't cut out to be a GM. He lacks the basic understanding of the game... and the fact that anybody would listen to anything this guy says is the real laughable part here.

He's such an idiot. I don't say that lightly either, because I'm one of those that feels unless you truly know someone, you shouldn't judge their circumstances. But after listening to him makes these kinds of comments over and over and over... I just can't do it anymore. I don't know what game he watches, but it isn't NHL hockey.

This line of thinking is why he wasn't cut out to be a GM. He lacks the basic understanding of the game... and the fact that anybody would listen to anything this guy says is the real laughable part here.

Spot. On. I think you'll fit in well here. :D

I find it so bizarre that Milbury is so well known as a joke because of his time as a GM, yet he still maintains a gig as a talking head behind a desk. The only thing I can think of is that everyone truly is laughing at him, while Milbury just doesn't get the joke.

I find it so bizarre that Milbury is so well known as a joke because of his time as a GM, yet he still maintains a gig as a talking head behind a desk. The only thing I can think of is that everyone truly is laughing at him, while Milbury just doesn't get the joke.

Matt Millen seems to be doing a good job at that as well

My dad and I always joke that he's the comic relief on the show. He's just there for the giggles.

Hahaha Just get rid of this guy already. s***ty player, s***ty coach, s***ty GM, s***ty "hockey analyst". Time to give him a choice. forced retirement package with a clause that he never again work in sports broadcasting in any capacity so he can shut up and go sit at home and rot. Or, just fire his ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Mike Refuses To Be Canceled

RIP Mike Milbury
Press F to pay respects

I love that in an effort to wrap his mind around why women might not like being thought of as "distractions" he likens them to dogs and children lol. This guy is SUCH a dumbf*ck.