• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Mike Milbury is at it again

Rate this topic

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

My thoughts exactly

>I didn't say anything that bad. Yeah sure.
>Athletes like women a lot. Sounds right.
>Social change is disruptive. Seems like the point.
>Women, dogs, and children are a distraction. BROOOOOO NOOOOO.

I bet he's a joy to be married to. Yeesh.

I don't enjoy Mike Milbury, but he's 100% right here. What he said ISN'T bad. You're naive if you claim otherwise. There's no way you can operate in this world and truly be offended by what he said. If you acted that way in your own day to day lives, you wouldn't last.  No one would take you seriously. We all know what he meant by it. And hell, it's literally the damn truth! You all realize that, right? These athletes are, by in large, having an immense amount of interaction with women before, and after their games. There's literally nothing wrong with that. No one is saying there's anything wrong with that. He's bringing to light that in the bubble - that's all changed and by consequence, some of that time will now be focused on hockey. Since they're broadcasting a damn hockey game... anything that brings attention away from hockey, in this context, would be a distraction.

And no emotionally intelligent woman would feel as if it was an insult. Because it's literally not. Right now, I'm distracting you from doing something productive with your time. And you ass clowns have distracted me from doing something productive with my time. The ass clown is the insult. A distraction is just describing the situation. It isn't inherently good or bad.

The thing that sucks is, when we all turn the TV off - literally no one's lives were changed by what he said. NO ONES. But we get to rant online about being "offended" so we can all sit here and smell each other's altruistic farts. Then when we're bored with it, we literally move on with our days and no one gives it a thought because again, no one was effected by it.  We get to leave it behind. Meanwhile, we've just upended a human beings livelihood. A livelihood that has effected not just him, but his entire families. And we have the luxury of not having to care about that. Convenient for us, isn't it? I guaran-*******-tee you, if you had to witness the actual emotions and feelings that a family had to endure when their lives are upended like this, you wouldn't be so quick to call for someone's head. You wouldn't have this false sense of accomplishment and pride for yourselves. You'd realize that s***....maybe this wasn't an equitable punishment.

But no, we are all able to turn are heads away from that reality. They got their just desserts, let's move on to the next one. It's absolutely sickening and appalling that we've created a culture that can do so much damage with a clear conscious. And that's the most dangerous part of all.

Poor Mike Milbury. Cancel culture has left him used and broken. Thrown away like a piece of trash. Left with nothing. Nothing but his fame and his 6 million dollar net worth. But aside from that, nothing. The Libs must be stopped before their Twitter Gestapo forces other rich people to shut up for a while.

9 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Myabe don't defend a misogynist then threaten violence when questioned?

Red Wings Forum. Red Wings Brand Boot 

Wings need to work harder. Steel toed boot implies a hard working job. 

I am sorry you did not pick up on that 

7 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

>Where: Milbury thread
>You: Red Wings need to work harder

I think you're lost son

Trying to say you are my daddy? Oh my, that can go in so many different directions. I am afraid where you would want it to go. 

1 minute ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Lol legit snorted milk out my nose

Yeah I drink milk

Years ago a buddy of mine started dating this gal with a little boy from another relationship. Jerks that we are, the rest of our group used to mock him with “Papa, teach me baseball” any time he mentioned the little feller. 

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

You're defending a guy who just equalized women to dogs. Milbury is gross and you are gross.

Do you even understand hyperbole? Because you're continuing with it. It's an extremely low mark of intelligence.

Maybe it's just because I'm a chick, but I didn't find his comment offensive when he said it.  I figured that he didn't mean like actual females- trainers, maintenance workers, security, hotel staff, etc- that they were dealing with on a daily basis.  I figured that he meant women- like puck bunnies.  Maybe he should have been more specific. He should have said something like, "It's a good thing there aren't any loose harlots to distract them." 
Also, speaking as a woman, dogs and children are distractions from work.  They're so darn cute and cuddly and you have to clean up after them,  which is time-consuming. 
I would think that dogs and children are much more of a distraction than puck bunnies.  Well, maybe just the children.  You have to give them a lot of attention.  All you have to do with dogs and puck bunnies is give them a bone now and then.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, 55fan said:

Maybe it's just because I'm a chick, but I didn't find his comment offensive when he said it.  I figured that he didn't mean like actual females- trainers, maintenance workers, security, hotel staff, etc- that they were dealing with on a daily basis.  I figured that he meant women- like puck bunnies.  Maybe he should have been more specific. He should have said something like, "It's a good thing there aren't any loose harlots to distract them." 
Also, speaking as a woman, dogs and children are distractions from work.  They're so darn cute and cuddly and you have to clean up after them,  which is time-consuming. 
I would think that dogs and children are much more of a distraction than puck bunnies.  Well, maybe just the children.  You have to give them a lot of attention.  All you have to do with dogs and puck bunnies is give them a bone now and then.

Yes, this would be the correct, logical and rational way to respond to the situation.