• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

I think the more shocking thing is that Milbury can write with something other than a crayon. :ph34r:

#22 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

What a clown.

#23 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

I hope we've all learned a valuable lesson from this. Never, ever listen to anything Mike Milbury has to say.

Exception: He's ringing you with a trade offer.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#24 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Exception: He's ringing you with a trade offer.

You think someone would trust him with an NHL team?

#25 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

I want Pierre McGuire's opinion on this.

He'd probably just say that Stuart's chinstrap wasn't tight enough and that's why his jaw got broken.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#26 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

And speaking of politics, this decision smells of it. It involves Detroit, a classy organization that mostly disdains the rough and tumble game for an efficient and skilful one. They bitched. The league listened. They fell to the growing whiff of (mostly) media-created frenzy about the dangers of head shots.

did anybody else find it odd they used that language on a national news website?

and yes, milbury is a choad.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#27 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Do they actually pay him for this sort of nonsensical spewage? <_<

This is from a guy whose most memorable moment as a player or as a coach was to jump in the stands and beat a guy with his own shoe. Without a doubt Milbury is a caveman and a ******, but I don't think he is dumb. He knows being a caveman and a ****** gets people going and are his most marketable traits. If he stops being a caveman, JR is waiting in the wings to pick up the ****** mantle. If he stops being both, there are a million has-beens ready for his job.

works every time

#28 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

Milbury is a joke guys. He's widely considered the most hilariously terrible GM of recent history and as a player he beat a man with his shoe. How many times have we laughed at the Yashin for Chara+someguy+1st(Spezza)? Check out the list of retarded moves Milbury made in Long Island during his career as a franchies-raper:

Recovering From Mike Mulbury: Is Five Years Long Enough?

Yeah - for a guy that blows alot of steam on HNIC/NESN/NBC - the guy really blew as a GM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#29 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

Yeah - for a guy that blows alot of steam on HNIC/NESN/NBC - the guy really blew as a GM.

Can't wait until NBC does games again so I can put the mute on for that channel's intermissions, too.

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,388 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

How's that Luongo trade looking, Mike?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

I want Pierre McGuire's opinion on this.

i would love to hear pierre's opinion. it would probably involve skate-guards and pakistan, for some reason.
Posted Image

#32 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Milbury is a joke guys. He's widely considered the most hilariously terrible GM of recent history and as a player he beat a man with his shoe. How many times have we laughed at the Yashin for Chara+someguy+1st(Spezza)? Check out the list of retarded moves Milbury made in Long Island during his career as a franchies-raper:

Recovering From Mike Mulbury: Is Five Years Long Enough?

Milbury was a terrible gm, but he is a great analyst, he isn't politically correct, yet he isn't senile like cherry, he says things like they are, and occasionally goes over the line if it is a team he hates (philly, nyr, detroit) Eric Francis, now that guy is a piece of s*** who has the IQ of a monkey and doesn't belong on tv

Edited by jollymania, 14 January 2011 - 11:06 AM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#33 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

How can a guy like Milbury still be employed? Can he actually do anything noteworthy? All I see is that he spits BS all around on a regular basis.

#34 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Milbury was a terrible gm, but he is a great analyst, he isn't politically correct, yet he isn't senile like cherry, he says things like they are, and occasionally goes over the line if it is a team he hates (philly, nyr, detroit) Eric Francis, now that guy is a piece of s*** who has the IQ of a monkey and doesn't belong on tv

Agreed - although I still get a kick outta Grapes, and just like Milbury he has some valid points/insight.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#35 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

Mike Milbury disagreeing with the suspension means that it was 100% the right move.

#36 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

Can't wait until NBC does games again so I can put the mute on for that channel's intermissions, too.

It still baffles me that the NHL has a deal with NBC and is entirely okay with them not showing games until late January (not counting the WC).

#37 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

How's that Luongo trade looking, Mike?

I wonder how much better the Islanders would be with Luongo, Chara, Spezza and Bertuzzi... Man, that Milbury guy is one of the great hockey minds of his generation. Getting beaten in the skull for years makes you smarter, right?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#38 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Can't wait until NBC does games again so I can watch Milbury get flustered when one of the other people in studio brings up the Islanders in an argument.

#39 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

That's pretty charitable. His obvious hatred for certain teams and distain for anyone who disagrees with him kind of hurt his credibility as an analyst. Sometimes he looks like he's going to jump the guy on the other side of the table just for disagreeing with him.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#40 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

Agreed - although I still get a kick outta Grapes, and just like Milbury he has some valid points/insight.

With Grapes, you just wanna kinda nod your head and think "aww, you poor old, senile bastard" and then pat him gently on the shoulder.