• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/14 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Funny how much you know how Howard feels and how his head is a mess.

Do you have a better explanation for the utter implosion to his game that we've witnessed over the course of this season? Does he really look like a confident, poised goalie out there to you?

He's taking every goal that's not even his fault way too hard and it's no doubt a big reason why he's been so prone to give up goals in 2's, 3's and 4's lately in just a period. Snowball effect. Those are signs of a sloppy mental game.

Again, do you have a better explanation, or do you want to try to explain why he's not playing dramatically worse than he did last year, despite having even less help from the rest of the team last year?

This is about as bad as it gets for us right now. I am not ready to have to lean on Joey Mac to be THE guy. Oh well, I guess that is why I am a poster on a forum and not a talent scout. Jimmy being hurt to clear his head is probably not a good thing regardless of how we feel his "mental" status is.

It just sucks that both our goalies have to be out. I mean you know it's going to happen with the skaters but when netminding tandem are both out, plus Stuart being out, it really hurts us down the stretch. Here's hoping Joey can keep his recent play up, we really can't afford to be digging deeper for netminders.

This is about as bad as it gets for us right now. I am not ready to have to lean on Joey Mac to be THE guy. Oh well, I guess that is why I am a poster on a forum and not a talent scout. Jimmy being hurt to clear his head is probably not a good thing regardless of how we feel his "mental" status is.

I certainly don't like it either; it's hardly ideal. But let's be clear: Joey Mac is not THE guy. He's THE backup to the backup. That's why he can go out there and play well; no pressure. Half the battle of being a starter is having the mental strength to handle the pressure, and he knows that in a million years, he will never be the starter on this team, so he can just go out and have fun and play. It'll work for awhile.

But hell, I'm dreading all the jokers who will want to go all "Legace" with MacDonald before too long as well. I'm not at all looking to prop Joey Mac into something more than he is, but he's started off strong and we've got to role with it so long as Howard's out. With Howard being out, we have to look at the bright side, that being that it will give him some time away from the pressure. That'll help him relax. When he gets back, he'll just be excited to get out there and play again. He needs that more than anyone right now. That's why I'm not upset.

I really have faith in this teams ability to stay in games and stay in the playoff hunt no matter what befalls them, so whatever happens in between only needs to set up what happens come playoff time. Osgood getting surgery to eliminate the issue and Howard getting a break to get his head straight are things that will benefit us in April more than them playing through the issues now only to have them utterly and completely implode once the real pinch comes around.

If you think long term, this crap in January and February just isn't the end of the world. We just need to stay in the hunt and ensure that we're ready when it really matters.

I really did enjoy this forum a lot more before the '08 Cup win. Since then, people have kicked the entitlement complexes into an even higher gear. It makes me feel sorry for the team.

As far as I'm concerned even though you may think you're sincere in your motivation, you come off as a condescending know-it-all. You.will.not.ever.be.able.to.fix.anybody.here.but.yourself.

Do you have a better explanation for the utter implosion to his game that we've witnessed over the course of this season? Does he really look like a confident, poised goalie out there to you?

He's taking every goal that's not even his fault way too hard and it's no doubt a big reason why he's been so prone to give up goals in 2's, 3's and 4's lately in just a period. Snowball effect. Those are signs of a sloppy mental game.

Again, do you have a better explanation, or do you want to try to explain why he's not playing dramatically worse than he did last year, despite having even less help from the rest of the team last year?

No I don't have an explanation. But your posts indicate that you KNOW how Jimmy feels and what's going on in his head that's all.

OH s***. What next?!

"Ken Holland takes temporary personal leave for three weeks to deal with an acute onset of panic attacks. Symptoms began after Holland began planning who his backup to goaltender MacDonald who be, and after he realized he himself was next on the call-up list."

Edited by Miss Wing Queen

I certainly don't like it either; it's hardly ideal. But let's be clear: Joey Mac is not THE guy. He's THE backup to the backup.

It is clear. But it would appear right now that he is THE guy. Terrifying. And that is something I want to be wrong about. Jimmy has been a sieve and it looks like at times that "mentally" he is rattled quite easily but again, injuries are not how I want these guys to clear their heads. Joey Mac will just have to get it done here in the coming weeks it would appear. No more no less.

Guest Stolberg

LOL.

Zetterberg?! 524 points in 549 games Zetterberg?! :rolleyes::thumbdown:

Yah, Mule is too streaky.

talking about the shootout

someone who isn't a complete dips*** could probably make the connection

No I don't have an explanation. But your posts indicate that you KNOW how Jimmy feels and what's going on in his head that's all.

Some things are obvious. And he has alluded numerous times to being frustrated in post-games. And if he can get out a "It sucks..." in post-game interviews when he's more often than not just reciting lines, imagine how he really must be feeling. Again, you can see it in his face as well. Mentally, he absolutely looks like a different goalie this year than he did last year.

"Ken Holland takes temporary personal leave for three weeks to deal with an acute onset of panic attacks. Symptoms began after Holland began planning who his backup to goaltender MacDonald who be, and after he realized he himself was next on the call-up list."

:lol::unsure::crybaby:

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Modano: Arm

Datsyuk: Hand

Cleary: Ankle

Stuart: Jaw

Osgood: Groin

Howard: Knee

Holmstrom: Wrist

after reading this i now wanna play the game "Operation" :ph34r:

Modano: Arm

Datsyuk: Hand

Cleary: Ankle

Stuart: Jaw

Osgood: Groin

Howard: Knee

Holmstrom: Wrist

after reading this i now wanna play the game "Operation" :ph34r:

Now thats funny!...Though Im scared a little too....For christ sakes I said I wanted to see McCollum play a few games not injury JImmy ******* Howardranting.gif

Edited by 13dangledangle

I can't really complain about their play. Columbus got a lucky bounce off the backboards, a cheesy 5-on-3 thanks to Exploding Stick Syndrome. The Wings played well and dominated in the third, but couldn't score; them's the breaks. And after having the unusual fortune of winning two shootouts in a row, it's no wonder they blew it this time around.

I certainly don't like it either; it's hardly ideal. But let's be clear: Joey Mac is not THE guy. He's THE backup to the backup. That's why he can go out there and play well; no pressure. Half the battle of being a starter is having the mental strength to handle the pressure, and he knows that in a million years, he will never be the starter on this team, so he can just go out and have fun and play. It'll work for awhile.

But hell, I'm dreading all the jokers who will want to go all "Legace" with MacDonald before too long as well. I'm not at all looking to prop Joey Mac into something more than he is, but he's started off strong and we've got to role with it so long as Howard's out. With Howard being out, we have to look at the bright side, that being that it will give him some time away from the pressure. That'll help him relax. When he gets back, he'll just be excited to get out there and play again. He needs that more than anyone right now. That's why I'm not upset.

I really have faith in this teams ability to stay in games and stay in the playoff hunt no matter what befalls them, so whatever happens in between only needs to set up what happens come playoff time. Osgood getting surgery to eliminate the issue and Howard getting a break to get his head straight are things that will benefit us in April more than them playing through the issues now only to have them utterly and completely implode once the real pinch comes around.

If you think long term, this crap in January and February just isn't the end of the world. We just need to stay in the hunt and ensure that we're ready when it really matters.

Nobody is calling for MacDonald to be THE GUY for the playoffs. But it's not the end of the world to have him in net. Howard was averaging something like 4 goals a game for the last month and a half. You can't get much worse than that. Howard IS a mess, his positioning is terrible and his attitude has been terrible, too. He's letting his play get to him. And even sitting on the bench he's "owed" so many starts which will only snowball out of control. He's playing with no confidence, he's lost his confidence in his positioning and is laying on the ice way too often. He's got work to do to re-tool his game. I don't think anyone is giving up on him, instead we're just calling for a reality check: he can't fix his game WHILE he plays. At least while he's injured he can clear his head if he can't actually practice. Would give him a fresh start and let his passions cool.

Obviously it's not ideal that he's out but playing him even every other game is way too often right now.