• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/14 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Franzen is beyond frustrating this season.

Agreed. He started out well last night. He was actually shooting the puck at the net instead of trying to pass it at impossible angles. But then he seemed to revert back to his ol' pass-happy self.

Then again, I didn't think Filppula looked all that good, while other posters were raving about him. I can't remember a time when he actually held on to the puck through the neutral zone, at least through the first period or two.

Whadevah! :cool:

Good point...

Flip and Johan have been somewhat quiet, even though Flip had the assist on the 2nd goal too (if that is right?)

Now Bertz on the other hand, the man battled for the puck and it led to the 2nd goal

It amazes me how incredible, and how invisible Bert can become from one game to the next. He's like a ninja. One game he's all over the place, winning battles, taking shots, making chances. The next game he'll slip into the shadows, leaving us nothing but wonder at when he's going to emerge again.

Flip is like the Little Engine That Could, sometimes. Sometimes he gets up the hill and does nice things with the puck, other times he poops out and has to try another game. But it seems like for the most part he does try to bring something every game. I get the strange feeling Flip is going to be valuable this year in the playoffs though.

Good point...

Flip and Johan have been somewhat quiet, even though Flip had the assist on the 2nd goal too (if that is right?)

Now Bertz on the other hand, the man battled for the puck and it led to the 2nd goal

Yeah, he did. That was Hudler's goal, I'm thinking...And it WAS a helluva'n assist.

Agreed. He started out well last night. He was actually shooting the puck at the net instead of trying to pass it at impossible angles. But then he seemed to revert back to his ol' pass-happy self.

Then again, I didn't think Filppula looked all that good, while other posters were raving about him. I can't remember a time when he actually held on to the puck through the neutral zone, at least through the first period or two.

Whadevah! :cool:

I feel like Flip does all these little things right, but is still that one play off from converting a lot of times.

As for Mule, he should get fined every time he tries to make a pass from a shooting position. I don't care if he's playing center or wing, with a shot like his, when he's around the net SHOOT!

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I feel like Flip does all these little things right, but is still that one play off from converting a lot of times.

As for Mule, he should get fined every time he tries to make a pass from a shooting position. I don't care if what position he's playing, with a shot like his, when he's around the net SHOOT!

Agreed. Amen!

Yeah, he did. That was Hudler's goal, I'm thinking...And it WAS a helluva'n assist.

Not to pick apart the little guys effort, but didn't Hudler deke and the Jacket's D lost his jock-strap, was somewhat 1-1 with Mason, and passed the puck back and no shot was even registered?

Not to pick apart the little guys effort, but didn't Hudler deke and the Jacket's D lost his jock-strap, was somewhat 1-1 with Mason, and passed the puck back and no shot was even registered?

Probably. But Hudler's been so much more active lately that I'm having trouble keeping up! :P

I can't remember if that was the play that led up to it, but there was definitely a moment where Hudler was in prime scoring position, and in a moment of Franzen-like decision making decided to pass the puck and turned it over.

And this was after he got his first goal. you'd think that would've gotten him in a shoot the puck mentality.

Yes, and it was the cause of much face-palming across the land. He seems determined to undermine any positive plays he does make with boneheaded moves like that.

Worst part is, that's not even close to the first time he's done that very same thing. He could easily have double or probably even more goals if he would just shoot it when it's the most obvious thing in the world to do.

I can't remember if that was the play that led up to it, but there was definitely a moment where Hudler was in prime scoring position, and in a moment of Franzen-like decision making decided to pass the puck and turned it over.

And this was after he got his first goal. you'd think that would've gotten him in a shoot the puck mentality.

Yup.

He should of shot the puck and didn't. Bab's needs to send out a memo or do a video demonstration

puck.jpg

hockey-stick-and-puck-photographic-print-from-wikipedia.jpg

GYI0062853261_crop_450x500.jpg?1292648449

puck1.jpg

Good game last night, s***ty ending. Zetterberg needs to be removed from the shoot-out rotation or at least bumped down the pecking order about 5 places. He's terrible. He telegraphs EVERYTHING he is gonna do and in the unlikely miracle that the goalie can't tell what he is doing before he even picks up the puck, he misses the net.

Everyone has one weakness at least and Zetterberg's is the shoot-out. Get him the f*** off the list please...