37 replies to this topic

#21 LadyWildcat

LadyWildcat

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

I'm in. This was an excellent idea!
"Faith is to believe what you do not yet see. The REWARD for this faith is to see what you believe."

#22 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Good stuff, sent $10.
Burke.gif

#23 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

I'm fresh out of college, but paying tons for student loans and unfortunately am still unemployed. I wish I could participate, but good luck regardless!

This, minus the unemployment. :lol:

Have fun, everyone! :)

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

I'm in the same boat as the other starving college students here, but I support this in spirit. I vote for LGW getting their name on the donation, and anything involving sick kids can't go wrong. They need help more than anyone.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'm also in college/University (whats the difference? :P ) and I'm not exactly drowning in money here but i feel i don't give enough so i'm in :D

#26 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

You've got money:)
Thanks for mdoing all of this
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#27 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

* PayPal balance: $103.60 USD !!!!!
Great job, LGW! I'll keep this open for tonight's game and see what happens. This amount will be sent to Children's Hospital in the name of letsgowings.com. If anyone else chips in today, please put your screen name in the notes. I might get a card and sign screen names to it, but LGW will be prominently mentioned.

I think the next time we should do this is the playoffs - say a buck for every game they win? We can play around with it. Of course I'm open to doing it sooner if there's interest.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#28 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

* PayPal balance: $103.60 USD !!!!!
Great job, LGW! I'll keep this open for tonight's game and see what happens. This amount will be sent to Children's Hospital in the name of letsgowings.com. If anyone else chips in today, please put your screen name in the notes. I might get a card and sign screen names to it, but LGW will be prominently mentioned.

I think the next time we should do this is the playoffs - say a buck for every game they win? We can play around with it. Of course I'm open to doing it sooner if there's interest.

I think most of us could chip in $16 over the course of 2 months :D

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#29 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'm in. Thanks for doing this!!

#30 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

If you want to do our user names I chipped in some last night, my email was the starshine152 one haha

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#31 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Since the vast majority of the money was donated yesterday and the Wings lost, I've decided to send the whole kit 'n' kaboodle to Children's Hospital. It didn't seem right to send a $20 donation to the DRW F, unless the majority dictates otherwise. Chime in with an opinion if you have one.
Maybe we should start a "Money on the Board" and chip in cash for each game we get through without another injury!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#32 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

What was the total donation sent to Children's Hospital?

#33 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

$120.55. I haven't sent it yet, though. For a mere $50 donation to CH, I have discovered you can have a message on the Jumbotron in between the 1st and 2nd periods. I was thinking maybe a "Believe"-type message for Vladdy & Co. and Jiri Fischer, a shout-out to out-of-state LGWers that will be in town shortly or even a "Donate to Children's Hospital from LGW." Any ideas, suggestions or a simple "just send the money already" comments?

Application: http://redwings.nhl....lication.v2.pdf

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#34 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

Donate one is a cool idea

#35 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

I sent my Wish Application in for the game on the 13th against Boston - it says "LetsgoWings.com supports Children's Hospital." If you're at the game, look for it on the Jumbotron between the 1st and 2nd.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#36 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

I sent my Wish Application in for the game on the 13th against Boston - it says "LetsgoWings.com supports Children's Hospital." If you're at the game, look for it on the Jumbotron between the 1st and 2nd.

Extra points if someone snaps and posts a picture!

#37 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

WOO HOO! Received my confirmation email today!

This email is just to inform you that I received your wish application. Your wish will be displayed between the 1st and 2nd period of the game (which is the 1st intermission) scheduled for February 13, 2011. After the game, I will mail you a thank you tax receipt letter along with your credit card receipt for $120.55.

Thank you for your support of the Detroit Red Wings Wish Club and Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation.

LaVonne Compton
Development Representative
Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation
Philanthropic Data Management

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#38 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

WOO HOO! Received my confirmation email today!

This email is just to inform you that I received your wish application. Your wish will be displayed between the 1st and 2nd period of the game (which is the 1st intermission) scheduled for February 13, 2011. After the game, I will mail you a thank you tax receipt letter along with your credit card receipt for $120.55.

Thank you for your support of the Detroit Red Wings Wish Club and Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation.

LaVonne Compton
Development Representative
Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation
Philanthropic Data Management

Thanks for putting this together. I'm proud to be a part of it. I'll miss the game, however. I'll be flying home from Boston, after seeing the Wings play the B's in the Gahden!