• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hey guys, it has been a LONG month for me as I HATE watching Wings games without Pavs. I know Pavs could be due back next Saturday against the hawks, and I remember reading an article on Mlive last week that he was going to resume practicing with the team this week once they got home, but I have not since then read any updates to that? So I was wondering if anyone knew or had any updates on Pavs? All I know thus far is if he can play next Saturday he will play that game, and the NJ game, however if not they will keep him out until the first game after the All Star Break... IMO, and I love Pavs, but if the Wings continue to get points in most these games, I think it would be wisest to keep Pavs out until Feb 2nd... but what do you guys think?

#2 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Wings games without Datsyuk just aren't the same :(

but yeah it's probably for the best if he is out until after the all star game

Edited by ricky0034, 14 January 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#3 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys, it has been a LONG month for me as I HATE watching Wings games without Pavs. I know Pavs could be due back next Saturday against the hawks, and I remember reading an article on Mlive last week that he was going to resume practicing with the team this week once they got home, but I have not since then read any updates to that? So I was wondering if anyone knew or had any updates on Pavs? All I know thus far is if he can play next Saturday he will play that game, and the NJ game, however if not they will keep him out until the first game after the All Star Break... IMO, and I love Pavs, but if the Wings continue to get points in most these games, I think it would be wisest to keep Pavs out until Feb 2nd... but what do you guys think?

His injury typically takes longer than was estimated. I doubt he will be back in the lineup before the all-star game.

Remember, it's to Detroit's advantage to claim he maybe back earlier than possible. It'll make teams have to plan for him playing and without.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#4 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

I would rather him wait till NJ or till after the All Star game.

02_notcomplicated_Kronwalled55_zpsc7d665

#5 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

I miss Pavel a lot, but his injury gotta heal proper and he has to get back in shape, so I guess we all who miss him can wait
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#6 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

With Pav out, Hank becomes that much more noticeable... even though I think Hanks the better player anyway. When Pav gets back, this team will be so sick

#7 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

During the pregame show tonight they showed both he and Modano skating, so that's as much of an update as I can give you. They are saying he'll be back right after the All-Joke break. I agree with you - I miss him something awful.
Posted Image

#8 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

LOL Pavs is better than Hank... Pavs does all Hank does pretty much except Pavs has slick moves to go along with it and has better all around awareness. Now, with Homer going down, the return of Pavs, in from what I got from Mikey and Ken, returning Feb 2nd it will be a HUGE boost to this team. We can debate all we want about Pavs and Hank and who is better, but all that matters is that when the 2 of them are playing together, they are both at the top of their game, and with these 2 playing great hockey this year, and the excellent depth we have, the whole team should and likely will have a great post- season run.

#9 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

All-Joke break

:)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#10 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Well, what else would you call it???

I guess you could call it the Raleigh Comedy Festival.

Edited by Kira, 15 January 2011 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

It's cleary still on the same time table as Pavs.... I was hoping that they could both return right after the all star break and we could run the line on ZDC...

Crash

Hurry back Pavs and Clears I need u for fantasy....