• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Howard leaves game with bruised knee

Rate this topic

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard suffered a bruised knee with 7:17 to play in the first period Friday in Columbus and will not return to the game.

Howard was shaken up following a shot by Derick Brassard and needed some assistance getting off the ice.

No word yet on how long he's expected to be out.

He has been replaced by Joey MacDonald.

The Red Wings already are missing Chris Osgood, who is out six-to-eight weeks after having surgery on Tuesday for a sports hernia.

--Mlive.com

Link: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/red_wings_goaltender_jimmy_how_1.html

The injuries continue to add up, it will be extremely difficult for the next few weeks.

Discuss.

Edited by Pat

I wonder if Daniel Larssen would like to retract a few statements right now.

I wonder if he'd clear waivers though... Holmstrom too... its getting ugly right now

If Howard is going to be out any length of time longer than a couple days, I think we need to sign or trade for someone, MacDonald can't carry this load...

Leighton?

I wonder if he'd clear waivers though... Holmstrom too... its getting ugly right now

If Howard is going to be out any length of time longer than a couple days, I think we need to sign or trade for someone, MacDonald can't carry this load...

Leighton?

I had the same thought. low price decent value. FA at the end of the year...

Guest Stolberg

inb4 joey starts every game of the season from now, has a .074 GAA and .961 SV%, and wins the hart and trolls tim thomas out of a vezina

Edited by Stolberg

McCollum is getting called up. They are not going to be picking up a new goalie any time soon.

Scary... he has not made the transition to the AHL well (at all).

To say he hasn't made the transition well is putting it quite nicely. Currently, of the top 50 AHL goalies, he's riding high at #42. His save percentage is .884 with a GAA of 3.11 and a 5-10-2 record. I know the Griffins haven't been tearing it up (18-18-1-4, 5th in the division), but at least Joey Mac's numbers are somewhat respectable for an AHL'er (althought his save percentage is just as bad as McCollum's). McCollum has a LOOOOONG way to go just to be solid at an AHL level. The thought of being an NHL-caliber goalie shouldn't even be in his mind (and yes, I realize he just turned 21).

well heres your chance w/ the wings, jmac. you've done extremely well filling in for howard, if he's out for 5 games till the all star break, its your chance. do it.

Edited by nate94gt