• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

Sidney Crosby has a voodoo doll. Someone check under his bed in Mario's basement.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

Probably Bert and Miller move up based on history.

Bert-Z-Mule
Miller-Fil-Huds
Drapes-Helm-Eaves
Tatar-Abby-Mursak

The Abby line will be exciting to watch at first but right now I don't feel as if that will be a terribly effective line once the freshness wears off. You just hope that line can at least prevent goals from happening.

This is assuming no one else gets hurt. <_<
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

This is assuming no one else gets hurt. <_<

Well yes it was meant from now until the beginning of tomorrow's game.

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,915 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

Dear Hockey gods,

You've obviously made a terrible mistake and mixed up our order with that of someone else. Please bestow your wrath upon a team who may as well play in a douchecanoe, like the Anaheim Ducks.

Love,
All LGW members

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Dear Hockey gods,

You've obviously made a terrible mistake and mixed up our order with that of someone else. Please bestow your wrath upon a team who may as well play in a douchecanoe, like the Anaheim Ducks.

Love,
All LGW members

Amen.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Probably Bert and Miller move up based on history.

Bert-Z-Mule
Miller-Fil-Huds
Drapes-Helm-Eaves
Tatar-Abby-Mursak

The Abby line will be exciting to watch at first but right now I don't feel as if that will be a terribly effective line once the freshness wears off. You just hope that line can at least prevent goals from happening.

Based on this season, I think Eaves is more likely to move up over Miller. I would think Babcock would reunite the Draper/Helm/Tatar line again.

I'd also think it would be:

Eaves - Z - Franzen
Bert - Fil - Hudler
Draper - Helm - Tatar
Miller - Abdelkader - Mursak

I would probably lose my mind if Bert played on a line with Franzen. I can only handle one guy not skating at a time per line.

#47 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Thank God we have such a ridiculously deep team. Imagine if this s*** happened to any other team. Hell, look how Pittsburgh is faring without one: Sidney Crosby.

#48 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

Based on this season, I think Eaves is more likely to move up over Miller. I would think Babcock would reunite the Draper/Helm/Tatar line again.

I'd also think it would be:

Eaves - Z - Franzen
Bert - Fil - Hudler
Draper - Helm - Tatar
Miller - Abdelkader - Mursak

I would probably lose my mind if Bert played on a line with Franzen. I can only handle one guy not skating at a time per line.

Eaves undoubtedly crossed my mind, don't get me wrong. I just think Babs likes the way the Helm line is when they're at their forechecking best. The line might be the best on the team at maintaining possession of the puck because they all have great speed and work ethic. He might not want to break that up.

At the same time, Babs is looking for someone with size who can retrieve pucks and stand in front of the net. They've always like Miller for sometimes seemingly inexplicable reasons as they would move him up instead of Eaves at times. He has good height and has played the net front role last year and was good enough to be a stopgap.

But we shall see tomorrow.

#49 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

I feel bad for Homer... I really do... But at the same time, LMFAO

2009-2010 all over again
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#50 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

Everything Is Terrible And Nothing Is Good: The Sequel.

If there's something to hold on to, it's that there's only five games between now and the All-Star break, which signals the return of Pavs and Dano.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 15 January 2011 - 12:31 AM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,915 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

Poor Homer.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#52 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

I feel bad for Homer... I really do... But at the same time, LMFAO

2009-2010 all over again

Only this time they're in a much better position for a playoff spot.

#53 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Brutal. Well if there's a trophy for most man-games lost to broken bones we'll win it this year. 85 year old female astronauts break fewer bones than Red Wings.

On the other hand this will give the young guys in GR way more NHL time than they'd otherwise see. Time for the cream to rise to the top.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#54 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

We're going to acquire many players at the deadline, as Holland is likely to say.

Datsyuk, Cleary, Ozzie, Stuart, Modano, and now Homer.

What, exactly, would you have Holland do? With so many injuries there's no way to tell what the team really needs. The team may be struggling now but there's such a good chance that those guys coming back will be exactly what the team needs. I get tired of hearing this attack. They'll all be back before the playoffs start, so the team won't be missing anyone (knock on wood). What move would you make to clinch the Cup for the Wings if you were GM and facing the injuries that throw any evaluation of the team out of the window?

Eaves undoubtedly crossed my mind, don't get me wrong. I just think Babs likes the way the Helm line is when they're at their forechecking best. The line might be the best on the team at maintaining possession of the puck because they all have great speed and work ethic. He might not want to break that up.

At the same time, Babs is looking for someone with size who can retrieve pucks and stand in front of the net. They've always like Miller for sometimes seemingly inexplicable reasons as they would move him up instead of Eaves at times. He has good height and has played the net front role last year and was good enough to be a stopgap.

But we shall see tomorrow.

Eaves on the first line? Yes, please. I think he's got talent, might as well give him a chance to show it while there's room at the top.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#55 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

At least the majority of our injuries are happening to our forwards. We struggled so much last year because most of our Defense was out. We are super deep at forwards, but incredibly shallow at defense.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#56 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

At least the majority of our injuries are happening to our forwards. We struggled so much last year because most of our Defense was out. We are super deep at forwards, but incredibly shallow at defense.

Exaggerate much? :lol:

I think this is the perfect chance to bring I. Filppula up and evaluate him. I'm a huge fan of Tatar but I. Filp is only signed to a 1 year contract is will likely move on if he can't break the roster this season. He's healthy and still producing in GR so they should bring him up and see what he can do.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#57 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

Exaggerate much? :lol:

I think this is the perfect chance to bring I. Filppula up and evaluate him. I'm a huge fan of Tatar but I. Filp is only signed to a 1 year contract is will likely move on if he can't break the roster this season. He's healthy and still producing in GR so they should bring him up and see what he can do.

well compared to forward it's true :lol:

anyways I think an important distinction to make there to make it more accurate is that the Wings are shallow at defense once you get past the roster spots,but even that isn't so bad with Kindl,Smith,Janik

and really how many other teams even have 6 good defensemen? just Vancouver and Philadelphia really

#58 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

My conspiracy theory is that this is Babcocks way of resting the team, and rapidly developing new talent. Shortly after the All Star break everyone will be magically healthy, and we will cruise to an end of the season mad rush, similar to what we did last year.

I just hope we have a better plan for the playoffs though :)

Everyone important, or old gets a nice mid season vacation. All of our prospect get to strut their stuff.

Even though it's a conspiracy theory, it genuinely seems like it would be viable :)

Edited by Joey v3.4, 15 January 2011 - 01:48 AM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#59 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Meh, this isnt as bad as someone like Datsyuk, Cleary, or Stuart going down.

I'd almost rather have someone like Tatar in the lineup, who is half Homer's age, and full of piss and vinegar. We will miss Homer's screening ability, but Abs/Franzen/Eaves will have to move into that roll.

#60 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

My conspiracy theory is that this is Babcocks way of resting the team, and rapidly developing new talent.

And or he's lobbying for the Jack Adams award.